2014 Corolla Altis - Technical, Features & Use

Kklee

When i turned off the engine tonight, there was a noise that sounded like static on radio. First i thought shit there is a bee in my car but then i realise it is from the dashboard or speaker.

Eventually i started the car, waited for the hu to boot until OK button, but sound was still there. I off the engine n this time the noise stopped adter about 10sec.

I repeated start/stop my car but the noise did not come back

Anyone encountered this?

Edited by ConnorMcLeod
↡ Advertisement

Never encounter this. Issit due to cold start? Sorry, quite noob on this area.

It was evrning drive st 11pm n noise when i off the engine.

On the positive note...

The drive feeing quote solid these days. In wet condition the ps3 is very grippy

It was evrning drive st 11pm n noise when i off the engine.

On the positive note...

The drive feeing quote solid these days. In wet condition the ps3 is very grippy ð

Will switch from spc95 to esso95 in next tank onwards. Want to see if pickup improves with esso95. But with one tank lasting almost 700km this experiment will lasts for a long time for me ððð

That is very good fc.

Ur driving 80 to 90% highway?

Never try 98?

That is very good fc.

Never try 98?

80% highway.

My fc this week is very good. About 16km/l thanks to no traffic jam. But once enter mcsp it can drop by 0.5

Any bros here encounter whinning noise from the gearbox? Especially so during idle.

At night when i reach car park n off radio, there is some whining noise either from steering or gearbox. Think gb whining is common for cvt. I tried forrestor non turbo and rushed the car n it whine very loud. Agent was not bothered at all.

At night when i reach car park n off radio, there is some whining noise either from steering or gearbox. Think gb whining is common for cvt. I tried forrestor non turbo and rushed the car n it whine very loud. Agent was not bothered at all.

I was thinking there should be a limit to this whinning noise. Is like metal grinning.

That is very good fc.

Never try 98?

Did one SGP island tour today on the hwy today BKE SLR CTE AYE. Now the daahboard estimates this full tank can go beyond 700km. Only if everyday is a PH .

Did one SGP island tour today on the hwy today BKE SLR CTE AYE. Now the daahboard estimates this full tank can go beyond 700km. Only if everyday is a PH . ð

Haha, come cny the road will be Lagi more congested too. Ppl visiting and stuff

I was thinking there should be a limit to this whinning noise. Is like metal grinning.

You probably are right. In my case i had other things in the car that bother me, i categorised this one as acceptable from my perspective.

Mudguard?

This is my first thought too but not certain. Was wondering is it used to block dirt or debris damaging the brakes.

the rear mud guard that i know is behind the rear wheel not in front. This one looks small to me to be effective to block dirt n debris.