2014 Corolla Altis - Technical, Features & Use

Kklee

Hi All, for Elegance (means 17" rim), the original tire (Michelin PIlot 3) which is good from my perspective. What other tires fits this rim and has good grip in wet weather and quiet (if these are opposing criteria then good grip is priority). Thanks.

I would say Michelin Primacy 4

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

wondering if there is a way to display the google map from iphone on the HU LCD.  I can do for andriod phone but somehow not my iphone. Still trying. 

btw when i connect my iphone with the lightning cable to the HU, i briefly saw a message about navigation. I cannot make the phone display this message again by unplug/plug the cable again. anyone know what it was telling me , and if something I need to do to enable navigation from phone and display on the HU with the lightning cable?

Edited by ConnorMcLeod

wondering if there is a way to display the google map from iphone on the HU LCD.  I can do for andriod phone but somehow not my iphone. Still trying. 

btw when i connect my iphone with the lightning cable to the HU, i briefly saw a message about navigation. I cannot make the phone display this message again by unplug/plug the cable again. anyone know what it was telling me , and if something I need to do to enable navigation from phone and display on the HU with the lightning cable?

I think this is only realistically possible if you had CarPlay. Personally i am still trying to find means to update the maps in the stock iAuto firmware.

Does anybody knows if it is possible to purchase the door handle with the smart door sensor? Personally i find it quite stupid that the smart sensor is only located at the driver's door. It will be great if somehow at least the front passenger door handle has this smart door sensor too.

Can someone check the votlage reading across the battery terminals on his or her 2014 corolla when

1. engine is running @ 2000 ~ 2200rpm

2. with electrical load i.e. A/C switched on with HU running

My reading is about 13.8V so i would like to do a sanity check. Thanks

Can someone check the votlage reading across the battery terminals on his or her 2014 corolla when

1. engine is running @ 2000 ~ 2200rpm

2. with electrical load i.e. A/C switched on with HU running

My reading is about 13.8V so i would like to do a sanity check. Thanks

Hmm.... I thought should be higher....

Hi guys anyone have “hissing” sound coming from the rain sensor located beside/behind rear mirror? When I press and hold it will silence, sound can be heard even car moving or not moving. Went down Borneo twice and highlighted during servicing also keep coming back.

What’s your reading?

IIRC,  above 14.  I will try to check later. 

Thank you for that. Very much appreciated.

After a long drive, at IDLE, it is 13.8v.

Eh... single person, so cannot rev engine to above 2000rpm.  [laugh]

After a long drive, at IDLE, it is 13.8v.

Eh... single person, so cannot rev engine to above 2000rpm. [laugh]

Thank you! i couldn’t praise your post cos i have praised some other post from you recently
  • Praise 1

I just want to comment that the car runs very well using Malaysia ron97 and Malaysia Shell Vpower.   [laugh]

i tried VPower in MY last time too and was good.  It worked out like SGD40 for almost a full tank iirc so worth trying it in MY.

I just want to comment that the car runs very well using Malaysia ron97 and Malaysia Shell Vpower.   [laugh]

• Praise 1

(edited)

i tried VPower in MY last time too and was good.  It worked out like SGD40 for almost a full tank iirc so worth trying it in MY.

IMHO,  the car is suitable to use higher octane.  The only consideration in SG is the price. 

Edited by Kklee

Don't waste money on Vpower.

Want to spend money?  Go & pump RON100.

Don't waste money on Vpower.

Want to spend money?  Go & pump RON100.

In MY, i don't specifically look for what to pump.

I just reach the pump and pump.  [laugh]

(edited)

Anyone knows the pcd of Altis? The tyres are worn out. Thinking of changing to 17" rims

5x100

Hope it helps

uh pretty sure it's 5x114.3. 5x100 is for USDM models..

Edited by louisbosco

Anyone knows if the doors will auto lock if you parked the car n forgot to lock it with door handle or fob key ? I know if I unlock then a minute or so later it will lock. But dunno what happens after drive.

↡ Advertisement