2014 Corolla Altis - Technical, Features & Use

Kklee

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Chris788 said:

Anyone here still prefer the look of the pre-FL Elegance projector LED headlights over the facelifted one? Love the longish sweep and more chrome lines.

The 2017 FL headlight seems obfuscated and messy, while the latest is worse with two white lines drawn in an ungainly manner.

c1cbbd709ef54967bec84c5faad6979a.jpg

Toyota-Corolla-Altis-2.0V-facelift-1.jpg

2020-Toyota-Corolla-Altis-Exterior-Singa

Got such red colour for FL altis? No see on the road le.

11 hours ago, Chris788 said:

Anyone here still prefer the look of the pre-FL Elegance projector LED headlights over the facelifted one? Love the longish sweep and more chrome lines.

The 2017 FL headlight seems obfuscated and messy, while the latest is worse with two white lines drawn in an ungainly manner.

c1cbbd709ef54967bec84c5faad6979a.jpg

Toyota-Corolla-Altis-2.0V-facelift-1.jpg

2020-Toyota-Corolla-Altis-Exterior-Singa

haha the previous 11th gen corolla altis is nice but i absolutely love the look of the lights of the present one ..

the bottom "grille" not so much, but at least better than the one in the "GR sport" model in thailand ..

this shows that looks are really subjective and that is why different cars sell to different people ..

Supersonic
21 minutes ago, Mooose said:

haha the previous 11th gen corolla altis is nice but i absolutely love the look of the lights of the present one ..

the bottom "grille" not so much, but at least better than the one in the "GR sport" model in thailand ..

this shows that looks are really subjective and that is why different cars sell to different people ..

The previous FL altis looks more sleek, whereas the current altis looks bigger, like a small version of a camry.

• Haha! 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi all experts

BM is providing premium coating for my new 2021 Altis.

Is this sufficient or additional ceramic coat is required to be done?

40 minutes ago, Sebsim said:

Hi all experts

BM is providing premium coating for my new 2021 Altis.

Is this sufficient or additional ceramic coat is required to be done?

Try asking in this thread instead -

Or maybe @BabyBlade can assist with that =D

hi,

anyone had the wheel bearing replaced and at which mileage?  I had one wheel's bearing replace when the car ~3-4 years ago, and now seems another replacement is needed (just over 5 years) .

I thought these things usually lasts for > 100k kms but maybe I reversed into the cement block in MSCP too often and damaged the bearings.

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
1 hour ago, ConnorMcLeod said:

hi,

anyone had the wheel bearing replaced and at which mileage?  I had one wheel's bearing replace when the car ~3-4 years ago, and now seems another replacement is needed (just over 5 years) .

I thought these things usually lasts for > 100k kms but maybe I reversed into the cement block in MSCP too often and damaged the bearings.

Kenna pothole and damage the wheel bearing?

Supersonic
On 3/3/2022 at 6:40 PM, ConnorMcLeod said:

I often hit the cement block Barrier when reverse park. Not pot holes I think

Hit the cement block Barrier when reverse park can damage the wheel bearing?

10 hours ago, 13177 said:

Hit the cement block Barrier when reverse park can damage the wheel bearing?

This is only my guess n only thing I hit regularly. No pot hole afaik.

Supercharged
On 3/3/2022 at 3:28 PM, ConnorMcLeod said:

hi,

wheel bearing for corolla usually no need to replace in lifetime. Low load and normally gentle driving so not easily worn unless you do a few hundred k km.

10 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

wheel bearing for corolla usually no need to replace in lifetime. Low load and normally gentle driving so not easily worn unless you do a few hundred k km.

This is my expectation too. 

I conclude I got a dud. During warranty already replace some sensor in the transmission , alternator n front wheel bearing. I do only 15k yearly n drive gently. So far from stressing the car. 

Anyway. Need to pay for the fix now. Too bad. 

On 3/5/2022 at 12:25 PM, ConnorMcLeod said:

This is my expectation too. 

I conclude I got a dud. During warranty already replace some sensor in the transmission , alternator n front wheel bearing. I do only 15k yearly n drive gently. So far from stressing the car. 

Anyway. Need to pay for the fix now. Too bad. 

Anyone can show a photo of the inside of the rear left wheel arch (part toward front of car )? Mine seem cracked because there is a gap between the black metal like pieces n see something like insulation in between. 

This is how it looks now. 

IMG20220408181056.jpg

On 7/9/2022 at 9:07 AM, TurboSkyHawk said:

Got 11th gen Altis FL recently, are there any WhatsApp or Telegram group still live for this car? Thanks. 

IMHO.
No idea if there is even a Whatsapp or Telegram group.    Maybe I not sociable.  🤣

↡ Advertisement