Honda Civic 2007 Repair/Maintenance

Metalslug2

thanks for your FR. i am glad you also have had good experience at Jet's workshop.

usually the rear damper is cheaper than the front damper.

oh, so Thian Seng has a branch over there? the quoted prices are indeed cheaper than our local stockists.

http://www.civicforums.com/forums/181-8th-9th-generation-civic/323110-about-spark-plugs.html

yeah. was also checking out the shop as will likely be back for the lower arm bearing replacement.

read that we do not actually need to change the whole arm but just the ball bearing on the end where it meets the chassis.

$25/each from thien seng singapore. any bros changed it before?

↡ Advertisement

yeah. was also checking out the shop as will likely be back for the lower arm bearing replacement.

read that we do not actually need to change the whole arm but just the ball bearing on the end where it meets the chassis.

$25/each from thien seng singapore. any bros changed it before?

normally, it is the rubber of the spherical bearing bush insert that cracks. i replaced both lower arms earlier this year when i replaced the wheel bearings.

unless the workshop has the proper tool to replace the spherical bearing bush insert, you would need to replace the entire lower arm.

take a look at this website for some of the FRUs for FD.

http://www.hard-race.com.au/index.php?route=product/category&path=20_74

when i turned the steering wheel, i can hear a sound...like the sound of something rubber turning...not sure if need to change power steering belts?

Hi,

Before getting your vehicle you have to check it's A to Z condition.  Last year, while getting my 2010 Honda Civic, I demanded my friend for some reliable mechanic who can tell me the overall condition of the vehicle. He told me to visit https://www.yourmechanic.com/cars/honda as one of his friend was doing mechanical work there.  I called him and we visited the place from where I have to take the vehicle. He checked its engine, suspension, light problem, steering problem, windows/ windshield problem, clutch problem, fuel system, transmission problem. Vehicle condition was good and I got the vehicle.

finally had the time to go find jet cheng yesterday. before me was a black audi a4 doing major servicing.

JC1_zpsdx1zxekm.jpg

JC2_zpse7s5ts2s.jpg

JC3_zpshdrrwu3t.jpg

hopefully the photos would help any bros who are planning to go there. [bounce2]

Jet is a good guy for Honda car. Had done 5 servicing/repair with him before scrapping my ride. Friendly and honest guy who use to work in Honda Mandai..........

Neutral Newbie

halo all,

anybody can recommand to get the civic 2007 foglight either used or new?

cos my passenger side the foglight glass crack liao.... [bigcry]

halo all,

anybody can recommand to get the civic 2007 foglight either used or new?

cos my passenger side the foglight glass crack liao.... [bigcry]

Honda stockist or scrap yard? 

Neutral Newbie

hi spinelli_ck,

i have checked.scrap yard dont sell just the foglight, they sell the whole bumper w/ the pair of foglights,

stockist i went to bishan there they selling 120+ to ex liao.

so just to check anyone here got lobang :)

hi spinelli_ck,

i have checked.scrap yard dont sell just the foglight, they sell the whole bumper w/ the pair of foglights,

stockist i went to bishan there they selling 120+ to ex liao.

so just to check anyone here got lobang :)

how about reaching out to auto parts shops in JB?

Any bros know where can I get 1 piece of left shock absorber for FD1 2006 and gearbox leakage fixed without burning a big hole in pocket?

Thanks!

Jet is a good guy for Honda car. Had done 5 servicing/repair with him before scrapping my ride. Friendly and honest guy who use to work in Honda Mandai..........

I just got my car fixed by Jet.  Mine is a 2006 Honda Civic 1.8L A.  Kah Motors quoted me about SGD3K to 4K to change all my absorbers, leaking steering pump, high pressure hose as well as fix the intermittent aircon.

Various quotes in SG workshops vary between SGD 1.8k to SGD 2.6k.  The quotation of the required parts from various Honda stockists add up to about SGD 1,400.

I drove in on Friday and left the car with Jet for the whole day.  He loaned me a car to drive around.  Went to shop at Aeon Mall Bukit Indah and Tesco and picked up the car at 6 plus in the evening.  Came back to Singapore with shopping bags of groceries.

The repairs cost about RM 3K in all.  All in cost plus petrol, toll, shopping, lunch and dinner was about RM 3.6K.

Had a relazzing day.  If you could spare the time, this is a good alternative.

Jet is honest and will not change what is not required.  Instead of the high pressure hose which was not really leaking, he spotted that my engine was leaking and fixed that instead after checking with me.

Highly recommended.  I am not related to Jet in any way.  This is my honest review as a happy customer and recommendation for a good WS and honest owner to other bros.

Cheers!

Do we need to make an appointment with Jet before going down? Realised that he doesn't have whatsapp and the only way to contact him is by calling his direct number.

Do we need to make an appointment with Jet before going down? Realised that he doesn't have whatsapp and the only way to contact him is by calling his direct number.

no appointment needed. first come, first serve. i usually go there at 9am.

he does use Whatsapp.  :D

no appointment needed. first come, first serve. i usually go there at 9am.

he does use Whatsapp.  :D

Thanks for info bro.. managed to contact him via whatsapp :)

Hi guys, can someone advise me please for my Honda Civic Hybrid 1.3

I am comparing 2 brands of air filter – K&N vs BMC. What is a better buy?  [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement