Honda Civic 2007 Repair/Maintenance

Metalslug2

Dear civic bros,just went to Jet Cheng to get my reverse gear checked. Driving a FD4 auto. Told me have to overhaul the gear box. 6000 ringgit. Heart attack. Anyways anyone got any other suggestions. Thought of buying a used gear box and changing. Do not know if that will be a better idea.

My choice will be used gearbox, SAFER & CHEAPER  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Dear civic bros,just went to Jet Cheng to get my reverse gear checked. Driving a FD4 auto. Told me have to overhaul the gear box. 6000 ringgit. Heart attack. Anyways anyone got any other suggestions. Thought of buying a used gear box and changing. Do not know if that will be a better idea.

In case you don't realise, FD4 is only available in SG around this region.

FD4 torque converter is not the same as FD1 if anyone is trying to sell you one.

Edited by Heavenice
  • Praise 1

In case you don't realise, FD4 is only available in SG around this region.

FD4 torque converter is not the same as FD1 if anyone is trying to sell you one.

Thanks for the info!

Seeked a 2nd and third opinion and it seems that instead of the gear box, its the egine mounts. Anyone knows where i can gt engine mounts as i wanna do the labour at Jet Cheng.

Thanks for the info!

Seeked a 2nd and third opinion and it seems that instead of the gear box, its the egine mounts. Anyone knows where i can gt engine mounts as i wanna do the labour at Jet Cheng.

this is not a good sign. it would be good if you could identify and confirm the root cause of the issue. just imagine the amount of headache you are going to get if the problem is still not resolved after replacing the engine mountings.

any replacement part can be sourced from a local Honda stockist like Thian Seng Motors, Min Ghee Auto, Fong Ee Industrial, He Xing Auto, Tanly Motor, JAE Auto, Partware Auto etc.

Thanks for the info!

actually what is the issue for your gearbox? you just mentioned that you go jet cheng and 2nd and 3rd opinion.

you didnt mention what is the issue that you face at all?

may you can let us know?

• Praise 1

Going to get a Honda Civic 2007, any known problems i should look out for and change?

How much will the estimated costs be?

Thank you!

Well I know I am so late to get know this, well have you got your dream car or still you are looking to have this?

What about Honda Amaze, I think both has similar design?

My Honda civic acceleration sound like a racing car anyone have this problem or anyone know what cause it ? Thanks

could be your exhaust muffler issue due to inside worn. any check engine light? if this is not changed, the sound will be louder and louder.

Thanks streamRsz but no check engine ON , when drive constant speed ok ,during acceleration the sound like racing car ,can it be timing belt ?

Thanks streamRsz but no check engine ON , when drive constant speed ok ,during acceleration the sound like racing car ,can it be timing belt ?

urs is FD1? stationary idle have sound or not? your issue could be exhaust. the muffler inside chui liao due to rust. thats why it get loud when u accelerate.

this happen to my old car. in the end change a new muffler and is back to normal

My is 1.8cc idle no sound , acceleration than got sound like racing car one pitch sound ,not louder n louder . Can it be transmission.

My is 1.8cc idle no sound , acceleration than got sound like racing car one pitch sound ,not louder n louder . Can it be transmission.

send to workshop for checks to be more accurate. after all describing here and the actual thing may differs.

If there is a high pitch sound that rises when you accelerate, it could be the power steering pump. Still get it to a workshop so that it could be assessed. I hate the R18 engine in my previous Civic. Its always wet, no matter which seal I change there will be one that would fail. 

No high pitch when accelerate ok will send to workshop to check .any workshop to recommend at d west ? Thanks streamRsz n ichibawa .

Mine makes a "hew ..." noise when moving off & volume changes with the rev.

You got an asthmatic engine.... blow some Ventolin into the air intake. 

If you meant whirling noise that is emitted through the speakers, just drive to any accessories shop. They will just put a few caps in to truncate the voltage spikes.

↡ Advertisement