Honda Civic 2007 Repair/Maintenance

Metalslug2

Neutral Newbie
52 minutes ago, StreamRSZ said:

$250 is carrot price to be honest.

Lol, just as i about to contact the vendor, the controls work again. Wonder could it be the wiring issue.

3 hours ago, Wilso17 said:

Lol, just as i about to contact the vendor, the controls work again. Wonder could it be the wiring issue.

must be some loose contact some where

9 hours ago, StreamRSZ said:

maybe you can elaborate more? like do you feel power lost? it could be due to a few days,

fuel pump, or your air fuel ratio sensor running too rich.

any check engine light on meter?

to be exact , no engine light on meter. There is also no loss of power. Car suspension feels a bit bumpy though and my wife and I noticed that there is a smell of fuel. Normally the car does 450-500 full tank. Presently with 5 bars left, its at 224km meaning it probably will hit 280 at most i think. 

30 minutes ago, Nemesis_lane said:

to be exact , no engine light on meter. There is also no loss of power. Car suspension feels a bit bumpy though and my wife and I noticed that there is a smell of fuel. Normally the car does 450-500 full tank. Presently with 5 bars left, its at 224km meaning it probably will hit 280 at most i think. 

Anyways for this problem, frens hve advised not to drive to malaysia as a bit dangerous the problem. Better get it fixed locally 

29 minutes ago, Nemesis_lane said:

Anyways for this problem, frens hve advised not to drive to malaysia as a bit dangerous the problem. Better get it fixed locally 

get it check at your workshop. do update us if you managed to find out the issue.

27 minutes ago, StreamRSZ said:

get it check at your workshop. do update us if you managed to find out the issue.

Yes will do. After the check tm will let u guys know. Thx!

Neutral Newbie
On 1/5/2020 at 7:39 PM, Nemesis_lane said:

Can i check which civic u are driving? Coz my full tank can only go 350 to 400km

hi guys, my FD1 have some issue as in the steering wheel will have "feedback" from the road surface as in uneven surface the steering wheel will go left/right so is the car itself as well, sometime going over hump the strip painted on the hump will also cause this feedback to my steering wheel too, suspect is my power steering rack since my lower arm bushing change, alignment done, absorber change etc... anyone encounter this on their FD1 before care to share share, thanks

On 1/12/2020 at 6:18 PM, Pentium77 said:

hi guys, my FD1 have some issue as in the steering wheel will have "feedback" from the road surface as in uneven surface the steering wheel will go left/right so is the car itself as well, sometime going over hump the strip painted on the hump will also cause this feedback to my steering wheel too, suspect is my power steering rack since my lower arm bushing change, alignment done, absorber change etc... anyone encounter this on their FD1 before care to share share, thanks

steering rack issue and also your front absorber stabilizer links issues. your inner and outter tie rods also. get them replaced and is good to go.

On 1/5/2020 at 8:40 PM, StreamRSZ said:

Managed to get it fixed. Local mechanic changed my fuel oil cap. It didn solve the problem. I went to Jet Cheng and he like did a decarbon and after that I noticed the issue went away. 

Turns out that i had been doing too much city driving, so there was a lot of carbon built up. According to Jet, Honda Civic requires running on highways as well due to carbon built up. 

5 hours ago, Nemesis_lane said:

Managed to get it fixed. Local mechanic changed my fuel oil cap. It didn solve the problem. I went to Jet Cheng and he like did a decarbon and after that I noticed the issue went away. 

Turns out that i had been doing too much city driving, so there was a lot of carbon built up. According to Jet, Honda Civic requires running on highways as well due to carbon built up. 

i think not just honda civics. all cars are the same.

Yup seems all cars. Anyway next problem i am trying to rectify is how to get better full mileage. I suspect it has to do with the tyres. Present using Pirelli P7 tyres on  17inch 255/45 rims. Tyre man said perhaps after 1 year when all tyres are worn out, can consider getting it downsized to 16incg. May see fuel savings though not much. 

Present ful consumption is 9km/L. 80% city driving. 1.6A, no mods

1 hour ago, Nemesis_lane said:

Yup seems all cars. Anyway next problem i am trying to rectify is how to get better full mileage. I suspect it has to do with the tyres. Present using Pirelli P7 tyres on  17inch 255/45 rims. Tyre man said perhaps after 1 year when all tyres are worn out, can consider getting it downsized to 16incg. May see fuel savings though not much. 

255 is overkill for civic 1.6 ba, stock is 205 hahahaha, try to change to a 215/225 profile for your 17 inch rim if it fits and it might help

• Praise 1

On 5/6/2020 at 11:38 AM, Nemesis_lane said:

city driving is well known to have lousy FC. even for my stream it is also the same issue. rim is stock 17inch also.

(edited)
6 hours ago, Nemesis_lane said:

It seems i read wrongly.  Rim is 17inch 225/45. 

Maybe next tyre change will bring it doen to e original 205. 

20200506_142221.jpg

205 size is difficult to find.  in fact if you use 225/45/17, this spec will not have any offset on your meter reading. i suggest you stay put to this size.

Edited by StreamRSZ

15 hours ago, Nemesis_lane said:

It seems i read wrongly.  Rim is 17inch 225/45. 

Maybe next tyre change will bring it doen to e original 205. 

20200506_142221.jpg

you may want to consider 215/45/17. i am getting 13+km/l for 50% highway 50% city driving.

↡ Advertisement