Honda Civic 2007 Repair/Maintenance

Metalslug2

Hi All

Recently went for car servicing and  ended up with the following.

change 4 litres shell 5w-30 engine oil+ oil filter, brake fluid flush, 4  new ngk iridium spark plugs, aircon filter, engine air filter, both my front brake pads plus both front disc rotors.

Brake pads  alone cost 250 SGD , 2 rotors cost 420 in total ( original honda parts instead of OEM). Now i know why my car had some juddering feeling when hard braking from high speed especially above 100km/h. So now when braking no more juddering.

IMG_6333.jpg

IMG_6336.jpg

IMG_6338.jpg

IMG_6330.jpg

IMG_6329.jpg

IMG_6327.jpg

IMG_6328.jpg

↡ Advertisement

7 hours ago, Confusedboi said:

Hi All

Recently went for car servicing and  ended up with the following.

change 4 litres shell 5w-30 engine oil+ oil filter, brake fluid flush, 4  new ngk iridium spark plugs, aircon filter, engine air filter, both my front brake pads plus both front disc rotors.

Brake pads  alone cost 250 SGD , 2 rotors cost 420 in total ( original honda parts instead of OEM). Now i know why my car had some juddering feeling when hard braking from high speed especially above 100km/h. So now when braking no more juddering.

the juddering was likely to be due to a warped rotor. i encountered this as well previously. but i sent both front rotors for skimming. you may consider this option in future as it is much cheaper.

for replacement parts, you may purchase them from a Honda stockist. if i didn't remember wrongly, Honda brake pads and rotors are not so expensive.

On 7/7/2020 at 10:26 PM, Spinelli_ck said:

the juddering was likely to be due to a warped rotor. i encountered this as well previously. but i sent both front rotors for skimming. you may consider this option in future as it is much cheaper.

for replacement parts, you may purchase them from a Honda stockist. if i didn't remember wrongly, Honda brake pads and rotors are not so expensive.

brembo non slotted rotors if i remember correctly about $55 per pc. you may check with thien seng on the price and stock again.

to those who changed their  front and rear honda emblem to the red type r emblem, where do you get the red H emblem from?

I read online got real ones and the replica ones where the red H will fade after time.  Saw on carousell   seller selling the emblem ( also selling  honda boot  lip/roof spoiler)  backside itchy want to change.

2 minutes ago, Confusedboi said:

to those who changed their  front and rear honda emblem to the red type r emblem, where do you get the red H emblem from?

I read online got real ones and the replica ones where the red H will fade after time.  Saw on carousell   seller selling the emblem ( also selling  honda boot  lip/roof spoiler)  backside itchy want to change.

https://carousell.com/oph

Gotten the Mugen gloss black grille with front and back red emblem, window visors and bootlip spoiler all from this seller. Very nice young chap running the place. Can't comment on the emblem just yet since it was installed only last December but so far it seems fine, my HDB carpark is open air type and car is normally parked under the sun during the day. 

(edited)
45 minutes ago, Thecarboy302 said:

https://carousell.com/oph

Gotten the Mugen gloss black grille with front and back red emblem, window visors and bootlip spoiler all from this seller. Very nice young chap running the place. Can't comment on the emblem just yet since it was installed only last December but so far it seems fine, my HDB carpark is open air type and car is normally parked under the sun during the day. 

Oh ok nice, i saw this seller on carousell also and was thinking of getting from him since a lot of positive reviews on his profile.

How much for everything installed on your FD4, is it 130 SGD ?

Edited by Confusedboi

5 minutes ago, Confusedboi said:

Oh ok nice, i saw this seller on carousell also and was thinking of getting from him since a lot of positive reviews on his profile.

How much for everything installed on your FD4?

Grille, emblems and visors were installed last Dec, can't recall exact amount but I believe it's slightly more than $200 total. Bootlip spoiler I gotten through his online store last month at $67 with free delivery and he installed it for me at my carpark on the spot when he delivered the spoiler. 

54 minutes ago, Thecarboy302 said:

Grille, emblems and visors were installed last Dec, can't recall exact amount but I believe it's slightly more than $200 total. Bootlip spoiler I gotten through his online store last month at $67 with free delivery and he installed it for me at my carpark on the spot when he delivered the spoiler. 

Okays noted for the info. Thanks!

(edited)
12 hours ago, Confusedboi said:

Okays noted for the info. Thanks!

honda front and back emblem can get from taobao. is cheaper than buying locally. Mine is gotten from there few years back. 

Complete set with front and rear plus steering logo too.

Edited by StreamRSZ

Neutral Newbie

Anyone DIY replace the bulbs in A/C control unit? Where did you guys get the bulbs? I intend to replace most of it in one go and I checked online, some range from $2+ per bulb to $6 per bulb, total costing around $40++ inclusive of shipping. But the ETA for the bulbs is more than a month, so I am hoping to see anyone else got theirs locally or somewhere else that is faster.

I have a list of bulb number for  a/c buttons, hazard light, gearbox selector light etc if anyone wants to know.

4 hours ago, AHBA said:

Hi, anyone has lobang for recon steering rack for FD1 & installation charges? 

go to Elite Drive Shaft @ sin ming. they do recon for steering rack. Mine done by them.

33 minutes ago, StreamRSZ said:

go to Elite Drive Shaft @ sin ming. they do recon for steering rack. Mine done by them.

Bro thks. Can pm how much is the charges & repair time? 

9 hours ago, AHBA said:

Bro thks. Can pm how much is the charges & repair time? 

recon works is within the day usually. Appointment needs to be make with Jason the boss. cost wise you need to check with Jason. range is about 400+. comes with 6 month warranty.

remember to get jason to send it for alignment after the recon. alignment if not wrong is $50 not sure price got changes.

cost wise can ask jason about it.

2 hours ago, StreamRSZ said:

recon works is within the day usually. Appointment needs to be make with Jason the boss. cost wise you need to check with Jason. range is about 400+. comes with 6 month warranty.

remember to get jason to send it for alignment after the recon. alignment if not wrong is $50 not sure price got changes.

cost wise can ask jason about it.

Thks a lot 👍👍👍

Hi all, I read online that the normal operating coolant temperature for FD is around 85 deg.C but mine is way below this number. Running on the expressway with aircon turned on, the temperature for me can go as low as 62 - 63 deg.C. Even when I turned off the aircon the temperature will go up to around 70 - 74 deg.C

Is this normal? Will the lower temperature cause the engine to run rich in fuel?

Capture _2020-07-28-11-54-32-1.png

5 hours ago, AHBA said:

Hi all, I read online that the normal operating coolant temperature for FD is around 85 deg.C but mine is way below this number. Running on the expressway with aircon turned on, the temperature for me can go as low as 62 - 63 deg.C. Even when I turned off the aircon the temperature will go up to around 70 - 74 deg.C

Is this normal? Will the lower temperature cause the engine to run rich in fuel?

Capture _2020-07-28-11-54-32-1.png

your thermostat may not be the original one. yes your are right. oringial is 85 degree

11 hours ago, StreamRSZ said:

your thermostat may not be the original one. yes your are right. orignial is 85 degree

Beside the thermostat, is there a possibility the coolant temperature sensor that send signal to dashboard is bad? I had the coolant temperature sensor near the thermostat changed beginning this year

↡ Advertisement