Honda Civic 2007 Repair/Maintenance

Metalslug2

10 hours ago, AHBA said:

Beside the thermostat, is there a possibility the coolant temperature sensor that send signal to dashboard is bad? I had the coolant temperature sensor near the thermostat changed beginning this year

there are 2 temp sensor. one near thermostat, the other at the radiator there. so did you changed both or just 1 of them?

↡ Advertisement

20 hours ago, StreamRSZ said:

there are 2 temp sensor. one near thermostat, the other at the radiator there. so did you changed both or just 1 of them?

I changed only the one near the thermostat

4 hours ago, AHBA said:

I changed only the one near the thermostat

is your thermostat original or aftermarket? maybe you can consider replacing the thermostat at the radiator side.

11 hours ago, StreamRSZ said:

is your thermostat original or aftermarket? maybe you can consider replacing the thermostat at the radiator side.

sorry i mean temp sensor at the radiator side

On 7/30/2020 at 8:08 PM, StreamRSZ said:

OK, will do that. Thanks

On 5/6/2020 at 11:38 AM, Nemesis_lane said:

Yup seems all cars. Anyway next problem i am trying to rectify is how to get better full mileage. I suspect it has to do with the tyres. Present using Pirelli P7 tyres on  17inch 255/45 rims. Tyre man said perhaps after 1 year when all tyres are worn out, can consider getting it downsized to 16incg. May see fuel savings though not much. 

Present ful consumption is 9km/L. 80% city driving. 1.6A, no mods

hihi when I took over my fd4A i also had 8-9km/l, but now is around 11.5km/L

these are the things i did but i not sure if some of these do help

1. upgraded air intake system

2. used STP ultra cleaner, 1 bottle per full tank, total used 2 bottle

3. Changed new touradors tires(was using primacy 3 before this), i am also using 17/45/225 , 235KPA

4.ceramic additive to my engine oil

Hope this helps!

Need help. I am having this weird issue with my battery.

It happened 10 days ago. I unlocked the car, opened the door & the instrumental panel lit up as usual. But the car could not start when I turned the key, no cranking sound & the instrumental panel lighting went off. it's just like the battery is dead. I got off the car, closed the door to check on the battery terminals & everything is intact.

When I re-opened the door, the instrumental panel lit up again. I quickly inserted the key & turned but couldn't start. Same as the first time.

I tried the third time. Closed the door & opened, instrumental panel lit up, inserted the key & it started! 

Then I noticed the head unit was in reset mode. I wonder how it could be because the battery should be working. I checked the battery voltage via OBD2 & it showed 14.1 with the engine running

This problem happened this morning again but I was able to get the engine started at the second attempt. Similar to the first incident, the head unit went into reset mode. I checked the battery & it showed 14.1 to 14.2

What could the problem be?

26 minutes ago, AHBA said:

Need help. I am having this weird issue with my battery.

It happened 10 days ago. I unlocked the car, opened the door & the instrumental panel lit up as usual. But the car could not start when I turned the key, no cranking sound & the instrumental panel lighting went off. it's just like the battery is dead. I got off the car, closed the door to check on the battery terminals & everything is intact.

When I re-opened the door, the instrumental panel lit up again. I quickly inserted the key & turned but couldn't start. Same as the first time.

I tried the third time. Closed the door & opened, instrumental panel lit up, inserted the key & it started! 

Then I noticed the head unit was in reset mode. I wonder how it could be because the battery should be working. I checked the battery voltage via OBD2 & it showed 14.1 with the engine running

This problem happened this morning again but I was able to get the engine started at the second attempt. Similar to the first incident, the head unit went into reset mode. I checked the battery & it showed 14.1 to 14.2

What could the problem be?

Could be the main relay problem . Of course there could be other possibilities.

For your reference but don't be blinded by just one possible cause. 

https://mechanicbase.com/electric/main-relay-symptoms/

Edited by Ct3833

13 hours ago, AHBA said:

Bro thks for the info. Is this main relay refers to PGM-FI Main Relay 1? Or it's something else?

Yes it is the same but you need to be sure if it is a delay problem or not. It is just one of the possibility. 

18 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Yes it is the same but you need to be sure if it is a delay problem or not. It is just one of the possibility. 

Noted. Thanks bro

13 hours ago, Nemesis_lane said:

@Jumpmanz I wanna do roof lining, are you still in contact with e roof lining peeps in pekan nanas?

Yup ah hong is still doing. Shop shifted to just beside the shell station now. I am also going back to ask him to help me wrap some flat bed trolleys.

Neutral Newbie

Hello Honda lovers! I myself understand what it's like - when you can't solve a particular problem with a car for a long time, it starts to infuriate. About the thermostat, man, here https://www.hondacarreview.com/ look for tips. I really love this blog, because it covers a variety of issues on our favorite cars. And in general, sometimes it is useful to keep the pulse on the news about the models of your brand. In any case, save yourself.

Hi all!

Just want to share on my humble workshop at 3700 Yishun Ring Road, just beside Caltax at Chong Pang.

Anyone whom have any car servicing/repair needs please feel free to look for me. Guarantee professional and quality service.

Cheers 🙂

Thanks Namecard.thumb.jpg.f6e5f248418c0b3465041db42ffe0be8.jpg& appreciate for the support!

↡ Advertisement