Honda Civic 2007 Repair/Maintenance

Metalslug2

You got an asthmatic engine.... blow some Ventolin into the air intake.

If you meant whirling noise that is emitted through the speakers, just drive to any accessories shop. They will just put a few caps in to truncate the voltage spikes.

Had administered Vemtolin coupled with flumucil & speakers removed but condition persist

The noise came from the bonnet

↡ Advertisement

I found some window trims for our 8th gen civic on aliexpress, it states PC Plastic as material, so i'm guessing its a piece of plastic and not just a thin piece of sticker. Probably can cover up the old damaged trims. But havent try it yet as i plan to respray the whole car and see if the paintshop can do anything about it. The window trims from aliexpress will be my backup plan, and they r quite cheap, slightly over $10

Hi, any updates on the B-pillar trims? Any luck to have them replaced?
  • Praise 1

Honda civic 1.8 this morning drive to highway steering can't turn ..need to use a lot of strength to turn anyone know price for repair power steering pump or replace, car left 11 months or do any workshop that have recon pump.thanks

• Praise 1

Hi All, My 2008 Civic1.8 rear wheel bearing need to be replaced, do you have any idea how much is it (Material + labour) and what recommend workshop, thanks

Hi all, my family's FD4 has water seepage under the floor mat on the rear passenger side. Only on one side so far. Happened a few days back and happened again today after today's downpour. Anyone had same issue before? Any advice on what could be the issue and how to solve? Thank you.

5 minutes ago, Thecarboy302 said:

Hi all, my family's FD4 has water seepage under the floor mat on the rear passenger side. Only on one side so far. Happened a few days back and happened again today after today's downpour. Anyone had same issue before? Any advice on what could be the issue and how to solve? Thank you.

could be your door seal or window rubber seal worn causing the leaking.

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys, I just bought 09 FD1 recently.
Everything seem ok after $1K of touchup, oil leakage, aircon fan and so on.
However after few weeks of driving, I realise the previous owner has modified the spring to lower down the car. Got a few occasions of brushing on hump. Any of Civic owner here having the same problem?
I heard it will cost me another $1K to replace the springs.
Sianzz...

8 hours ago, Wilso17 said:

However after few weeks of driving, I realise the previous owner has modified the spring to lower down the car. Got a few occasions of brushing on hump. Any of Civic owner here having the same problem?
Sianzz...

you can check with local honda stockist on the spring price. buy than pay labour at workshop for replacement. But after that must do wheel alignment.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
8 hours ago, StreamRSZ said:

you can check with local honda stockist on the spring price. buy than pay labour at workshop for replacement. But after that must do wheel alignment.

Ok thank you. Managed to found a workshop, can settle for less than $1k. Phewz ..

16 hours ago, Wilso17 said:

Sianzz...

Spring can alway find 2nd hand parts(quite cheap i think ). but absorber cannot. 

Edited by Beregond

Bros recetly, when i start the car, there is a strong smell of petrol. Then i notice my petrol consumption is also increasing. Is it the fuel tank or should i go to a mechanic for a more comprehensice check? Thinking of heading to the usual Jet Cheng

8 hours ago, Nemesis_lane said:

Bros recetly, when i start the car, there is a strong smell of petrol. Then i notice my petrol consumption is also increasing. Is it the fuel tank or should i go to a mechanic for a more comprehensice check? Thinking of heading to the usual Jet Cheng

maybe you can elaborate more? like do you feel power lost? it could be due to a few days,

fuel pump, or your air fuel ratio sensor running too rich.

any check engine light on meter?

Neutral Newbie

Guys, anyone has issue with steering audio control? Mine recently went down... weeks after changing HU. Possible to repair? 

2 hours ago, Wilso17 said:

Guys, anyone has issue with steering audio control? Mine recently went down... weeks after changing HU. Possible to repair? 

the button  can be  replace, can check with stockist.

Neutral Newbie
1 hour ago, StreamRSZ said:

the button  can be  replace, can check with stockist.

Only 1 vendor, $250.

↡ Advertisement