Honda Civic 2007 Repair/Maintenance

Metalslug2

Guys, for FD4 (1.6A) which ATF to use and how many litres? also engine oil how many litres? Thanks alot!

Engine oil + oil filter

Air Filter

Aircon filter

ATF + ATF filter 

brake fluid Dot 4
Sparks - IK20L

Sparks

FYI.

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2272720

Refer to the attached service bulletin too.

dw1.pdf

Edited by Spinelli_ck
↡ Advertisement

hi guys, I m driving FD4M and while changing new set of tire I discover my front shock leaking already so plan to change all my shock absorber. Like to check with you guys is KYB Malaysia absorber good as JB workshop quote me 350++SGD for full set, if I go the JB stock list to collect it only cost me ard 200++SGD, hope to hear from you guys,thanks

hi guys, I m driving FD4M and while changing new set of tire I discover my front shock leaking already so plan to change all my shock absorber. Like to check with you guys is KYB Malaysia absorber good as JB workshop quote me 350++SGD for full set, if I go the JB stock list to collect it only cost me ard 200++SGD, hope to hear from you guys,thanks

do you intend to drive the car for a long time? if yes, i would suggest that you replace them with OEM dampers from Showa or Honda ones.

there's a mechanic who used to work for Kah Motors. he has a workshop in JB now. his labour charges are definitely wallet-friendly.

u mind can PM me his contact etc as I plan to change ASAP as its leaking already,thnks

u mind can share his contact, plan to change ASAP as its leaking already,thanks

do you intend to drive the car for a long time? if yes, i would suggest that you replace them with OEM dampers from Showa or Honda ones.

there's a mechanic who used to work for Kah Motors. he has a workshop in JB now. his labour charges are definitely wallet-friendly.

u mind can PM me his contact etc as I plan to change ASAP as its leaking already,thnks

u mind can share his contact, plan to change ASAP as its leaking already,thanks

hope this helps. do go for wheel alignment after replacing the shock absorbers.post-118237-0-46803800-1447677850_thumb.jpg Edited by Spinelli_ck

hi , what is the different between DX,EX,GS,LX ?

for fd1(1.8) 2007 model fall under the above? [confused]

these refer to the different trim levels of FD in the North America market. refer to the wiki page of the Gen8 Civic.

are you buying parts from Amazon?

Thien Seng Motors is a gd place for Honda parts too

Honda parts are not very durable yet their $$ is on the high side... so its impt you find a good deal and stock up on consumables

yap spinelli, any thing to take note if i want to buy from amazon

you need to ensure the part number is the same. so far i have been buying from our local stockists.

Jae or TS better?

choose the stockist which is nearer to you.

btw, Honda uses OEM dampers from Showa.

hi guys, I m driving FD4M and while changing new set of tire I discover my front shock leaking already so plan to change all my shock absorber. Like to check with you guys is KYB Malaysia absorber good as JB workshop quote me 350++SGD for full set, if I go the JB stock list to collect it only cost me ard 200++SGD, hope to hear from you guys,thanks

bro. have you changed successfully? planning to replace my front shocks too.

thien seng quoted 140/pc

• Praise 1

yes,I changed mine in JB full set original shock absorber RM1300

bro. have you changed successfully? planning to replace my front shocks too.

thien seng quoted 140/pc

you may want to get a quotation from Koon Sing Enterprise @ Dunlop Street.

thanks bro. also thinking to have it changed in jb because of cheaper labour cost plus alignment.

yes,I changed mine in JB full set original shock absorber RM1300

bro. can share contacts? pm you.

• Praise 1

guys where to find the aircon filter? can we change ourselves using 3m ones?

have a bosch charcoal spare one. brand new. keen bro?

↡ Advertisement