Amos Yee, 17 yr old who think he's cool by insulting LKY!

D3badge

My Apologies on the wrong quote

I got the perfect solution to make everyone happy. Those wanting to free him and those wanting justice. How about we free him, then after that, let public justice take over without any intervention from police? How's that? Everyone gets what they want.

you shd go read about the background of that whole TG thing. it's totally not their fault. Of cos those who cannot be swayed will sure say it's damage control yadda yadda yadda.

Simple summary about the car is, the plate is original and on the car since 1991, Jeremy wanted a 928 manual, there are very few manual 928s around in good condition. Producers bought the car. Argentina gets knickers in a twist. TG decides to change plates before they get into town but by then the politicians have spread the word and the entire town goes lynch mob mode.

Turbocharged

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/singapore-teen-court-over-anti-lee-kuan-yew-031323861.html

The government says 454,687 people -- out of a population of 5.5 million -- paid their last respects to Lee before his public wake ended in parliament on Saturday.

wow, thinking through, it is not easy.

The Parliament House public visit was over 5 days = 120 hrs

450,000 divided by 120 = 3750.

which means very 10 mins, about 635 people pass through.

tio boh?

think never come a day when 1 mil want to pay respect, but if it happen, how to speed up the flow?

(edited)

The more I read, the more heart pain I felt.

What would you do as a parent if you have a teenager like that? All these things happening and he is still staying with you? You have to still see him day and night. What are you going to say to him when you bump into him in the house?

It is traumatic for the parents. Sometimes it is so easy to blame the parents. But we as parents know that to make ends meet we need to work too. Balance is such a easy word to use but difficult to follow.

What heart pain? Our Asian values say spare the rod and spoil the child. I would have been persecuted by human rights activists etc if I said the folowing in the west,.... but If he was my son, i would have treated him to some caning the first time he showed disrespect with his CNY rant years ago. Obviously he grew too big for them to handle.....he should have been taught respect when he was still a toddler and child. Edited by Aukang
  • Praise 2

What heart pain? Our Asian values say spare the rod and spoil the child. I would have been persecuted by human rights activists etc if I said the folowing in the west,.... but If he was my son, i would have treated him to some caning the first time he showed disrespect with his CNY rant years ago. Obviously he grew too big for them to handle.....he should have been taught respect when he was still a toddler and child.

It remind me of a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVcePxjFujs

• Praise 1

tio boh?

think never come a day when 1 mil want to pay respect, but if it happen, how to speed up the flow?

Wednesday to Saturday 4 days only.

Sorry for being off-topic here, but the other LKY topics were locked already.

Does anyone know the name of the short classical music that was played live when Mr Lee's casket was carried on stage by the pallbearers at the NUS Cultural Centre? It sounded very familiar, yet its name eluded me.

TIA.

Turbocharged
(edited)

Does anyone know the name of the short classical music that was played live when Mr Lee's casket was carried on stage by the pallbearers at the NUS Cultural Centre? It sounded very familiar, yet its name eluded me.

TIA.

I only know the officer use the bugle to play the same music that I always hear during last parade when I was on ordering duty at the armor camp during ns.

It's like the hero's tune.

Edited by Pocus

Helloooo? ^_^

Mockngbrd become high volume buyer or big customer and bully him back for revenge [sly]

tio boh?

Last time when my mother look at numbering figure in disbelieve, she :angry: will comment " 死 人 灯 籠, 报 大 数 " [:/]

• Praise 2

Air on G String by JS Bach

TIA.

• Praise 2

To me, it boils down to this.... Is the nation prepared to pay the price of allowing such freedom? We are a country that uphold meritoracy(at least, as much as we try to), base on justice and equality. Do we want to allow such precedence to occur?

To me, being a government, they will risk being a fool in taking this kid to the court but it has to be done nonetheless as a strong message that we cannot allow such thing to happen to all. The level of education and affluence among Singaporeans may have risen but the security of putting food on the table is never guaranteed to this day. We cannot jeopardise this for the sake of freedom. Sure, many may scoff on this "ancient" mindset, but I ask those who scoff to put themself in the stake.

The point about Fred was / is that he made the most incendiary points imaginable in the most incendiary way possible.

BUT

a) He was protected

b) The reaction to him was to counter him with non violent protection / buffer / counter protest.

Mostly he was made to look like a twat because the opposition was restrained and gentlemanly -

He still said what he wanted but was laughed out of town by all but the most rednecked and uneducated -

IF he had been met with violence, govt shutdown etc he would have been turned into a martyr

And Yes - as Mr. Turbo points out - even a Fred wasn't met with violence - so what makes you think a pissant like Amos can incite violence?

• Praise 2