Amos Yee, 17 yr old who think he's cool by insulting LKY!

D3badge

Did the bailor actually pay out the $20K in the end? or it was just on paper?

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

Is it that FA being the only child becomes a spoilt brat??

I have 2 kids so there is kind of competition for survival of needs and wants and to a certain extent hierachy and the younger one will excercise diplomatic immunity as he is well ,simply young. I read in china that due to the one child family many spoilt brats are mushrooming up as parents dot on them for every whim and fancy that meets their eyes.

I could be wrong of course , but its trending now this way, but its a fact we have to accept nowadays too.

Is it that FA being the only child becomes a spoilt brat??

I have 2 kids so there is kind of competition for survival of needs and wants and to a certain extent hierachy and the younger one will excercise diplomatic immunity as he is well ,simply young. I read in china that due to the one child family many spoilt brats are mushrooming up as parents dot on them for every whim and fancy that meets their eyes.

I could be wrong of course , but its trending now this way, but its a fact we have to accept nowadays too.

you are probably right,....but not only in China la, most countries.....SG not spared

and even if wrong you are certainly not too far from right, me being a willing guilty party too [:p] ...but thank G things work out not too bad lor,

...sure la got complaints but just a few and glad none serious [sweatdrop]

nice you to have 2 kids [thumbsup] ....mine recently married, can count got 2 kids now or not ? [laugh]

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

Teenage blogger Amos Yee will be challenging the conditions of his bail, which do not allow him to post anything online. http://str.sg/3bz
They amount to a gag order and infringe his right to freedom of speech, his lawyer said.

Supersonic

I think @joseph22 is the bigger troll 😂 figuratively and literally 😂😂😂

I slap your face then you know.

Just kidding. You know I much prefer to slap your hairy smelly arse. :D

Turbocharged

I slap your face then you know.

Just kidding. You know I much prefer to slap your hairy smelly arse. :D

Miss me ah kotek? :wub:

Hypersonic
(edited)

Interview with Vincent Law.. Shows another side of Amos Yee. Let's hope Amos can be counselled.

Another thing to note, that Vincent did offere to be his bailor the 3rd time, but Amos decline his offer as he cannot accept the terms of his bail.

http://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2015/05/vincent-law-no-regrets-as-bailor-for-amos-yee/

Vincent Law: No regrets as bailor for Amos Yee

Amos Yee, a 16 year old teenager who is currently the talk of the country after being charged with harassment, and with deliberately wounding religious feelings for uploading a YouTube video about Singapore’s first prime minister, Mr Lee Kuan Yew and Christianity.

TOC speaks with Mr Vincent Law, a family counselor and a Christian, who bailed Amos Yee out from police remand on 21 April and subsequently discharged himself as bailor on 30 April, Wednesday to find out what he feels about Amos and the breaking of bail terms by Amos.

Discharged as bailor because Amos declined to terms of bail condition

Contrary to the media reports that Mr Law refused to bail Amos out or the notion that Mr Law has given up on Amos, Mr Law had extended an offer to Amos on Wednesday last week to bail him out again.

However, Amos declined to take up the offer by Mr Law.

According to Mr Law, Amos declined because he refused to abide by the bail conditions as he does not want to be gagged by anyone.

With no way of changing Amos’ mind on the matter, Mr Law had to discharge himself as the bailor.

Just another young boy

As a family counselor, Mr Law feels that lending a listening ear is more effective than chatting with troubled youths.

Mr Law says that everyone seems to forget that Amos Yee is still a 16 year old teenager who is still unable to fit into this rigid society. In his conversations with Amos, Mr Law finds that Amos still lacks empathy, is child-like and still unable to take care of others.

When Mr Law was at the recent play, “Public Enemy” by W!ldRice with Amos and his mother, it struck him that Amos is just a boy who has yet grown up despite his outwardly maturity. Apart from requesting to be seated beside his mother, Amos also has his water stored at his mother’s bag, asking from the mother when he needs the water.

Referencing to Amos’ desire for the opposite sex as said in the video he produced, Mr Law said, apart from having the guts to say it out as compared to teens of the same age, he does not see any difference between Amos and other teenagers.

In the video, “My Lost Love“, Amos shares with viewers, his affection towards a girl in school and what he feels about it. He confess how he has perfect eyesight and wears the glasses which are similar to the ones worn by his crush.

Mr Law also added that the frustration of the constant rejection by Amos’ crush is likely to have gotten to him and may be a factor in the whole episode as he is just a teenager and at crossroads in life.

Producing videos and writing the blog posts is an outlet for a teenager like Amos, a way to release his pent up frustation. “There is nothing wrong with it.” said Mr Law, and said it to be a constructive way to vent the frustration when compared with other troubled teens who do so through violence, drugs or even self-inflicted injuries.

In fact, Mr Law say Amos is the most pleasant youth that he has ever worked with as Amos is very responsive to his questions and courteous towards him.

Mr Law as a family counselor counsels youth at risk sent to him through the police, such youths are normally involved in illegal assemblies, fighting or other offences. Usually, the youths would not respond to Mr Law’s questions and being not cooperative in the counselling process. They would also fail to turn up for arranged meetings as they feel that he is wasting their time.

“Amos is different”, said Mr Law as he would reason on points which he does not agree upon.

An example which Mr Law gave is on the discussion he had in regards to the profanity in Amos’ videos. Amos disagreed that he should omit the vulgarities in the videos. Mr Law feels that Amos just simply has to be himself.

No compromising of principles by Amos

While trying to get Amos to reconsider his actions, Mr Law asked if Amos would be willing to change himself for the sake of his crush. Amos rejected the idea despite his interest for the girl and said that he cannot help it if the girl cannot accept him for who he is.

After graduation, Amos for a period of time thought of teaching tution as to obtain a source of income instead of furthering studies in tertiary institutes.

However, Amos gave up the thought of doing so after producing the video, “Why you should drop out of school” as it would be hypocritical of him to be giving tuitions when he told others why they should consider dropping out of school in his youtube video.

The video on Lee Kuan Yew and Christianity is not the first video that Amos produced on current affairs in his youtube channel. Apart from speaking on the Little India Riot, Amos also covered the issue of 377A on the homosexual community. Mr Law was impressed by Amos’ effort in attending meetings of homosexuals to better understand the community and to do research on the topic before producing the video.

No regrets for acting as bailor

On the evening when Mr Law bailed Amos out, he told Amos up front that he is a Christian and asked if he had any problems with that.

“No, no, its fine.”, Mr Law recalled Amos saying in response to his declaration. Amos followed up by saying, “Just like, as much as I may not agree with Lee Kuan Yew’s policies but we can still have a dip in the same swimming pool.”

Mr Law said that he did not regret acting as bailor for Amos despite what Amos did to break the conditions of the bail, as he was already mentally prepared that Amos would break them. He thinks that he is grateful to have the opportunity to interact with Amos through the bail, to allow Amos to face a Christian in person to address his generalization view that Christians are ignorant & stupid people.

Mr Law in his words to Amos when he bailed him out, “I may not approve or agree what you say, but I will defend your right to say what you want to say.”

To Mr Law, Amos is just born in the wrong country, as Singapore’s law does not affirm individual’s freedom of expression and demands individual to conform to social norms.

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

So another person to be blamed, his crush for a girl .... :wacko:

so sad ..... [shakehead][shakehead]

don't think he blame his crash. I think Mr Law mean too much reject might be the cause of his outburst. aka seeking attention.

Edited by Joseph22
  • Praise 1

4th Gear
(edited)

don't think he blame his crash. I think Mr Law mean too much reject might be the cause of his outburst. aka seeking attention.

everyone have faced rejections in life and will continue to do so in future......it's just a matter how one handled and accepted it.........with him now being infamous in S'pore, I'm afraid he'll face even more of it in the foreseeable future [sweatdrop] ........but at least he also got reject others, like this bailer's offer...... [laugh][:p]

Edited by WTF

Turbocharged

everyone have faced rejections in life and will continue to do so in future......it's just a matter how one handled and accepted it.........with him now being infamous in S'pore, I'm afraid he'll face even more of it in the foreseeable future [sweatdrop] ........but at least he also got reject others, like this bailer's offer...... [laugh][:p]

well.. he was famous when young so maybe this is the first time he face rejection.

4th Gear

He quit JC1 early this year, I can't think of any parents can allow their children to quit school.

that means in about 2 years' time he will be called up for NS and I'm sure everyone in the unit will know him..........wish him luck then....... [lipsrsealed]:ph34r:

that means in about 2 years' time he will be called up for NS and I'm sure everyone in the unit will know him..........wish him luck then....... [lipsrsealed]:ph34r:

2 years is a long time, he can be changed :D

• Praise 1

4th Gear
(edited)

well.. he was famous when young so maybe this is the first time he face rejection.

maybe that particular cookie company can hire him to be in their ads......... [laugh]

2 years is a long time, he can be changed :D

true........or he'll be "changed" during NS........ [lipsrsealed][:p]

but I think going to cosmetic surgery to change his face is a safer choice..... :ph34r:

Edited by WTF

Amos Yee's mother took him to see a psychiatrist but he stopped after two visits
PUBLISHED ON MAY 6, 2015
BY SELINA LUM
SINGAPORE - Teenage blogger Amos Yee's mother brought him to the Institute of Mental Health to see a psychiatrist on April 3. But after two sessions, the 16-year-old refused to go anymore, it was revealed in court on Wednesday.
During the hearing, the prosecution offered to lower his bail amount and do away with the requirement that he reports to Bedok Police Station every morning as part of his bail conditions, if he agrees to continue to see a psychiatrist.
Yee said no, which led the High Court to deny his application to challenge his bail conditions, which include not being allowed to post online. He continues to be remanded in custody pending his two-day trial for attacking Christianity and transmitting an obscene image. His trial is scheduled to start on Thursday.
Yee's lawyers, Mr Alfred Dodwell and Mr Ervin Tan, argued on Wednesday that the court should set aside bail conditions which require Yee to undertake not to post content online while the case against him is ongoing and to either take down or make private a YouTube video and his blog posts.
Mr Dodwell said that being on social media was "the equivalent of him drinking water" and the conditions were "taking away a lot from him."
During the hearing, Justice Tay Yong Kwang asked Mr Dodwell what was so difficult about complying with these social media conditions. "They just have to learn to curb themselves," he said.
Deputy public prosecutor Hay Hung Chun told the court that the prosecution only became aware on Tuesday that Yee's mother had taken him to the IMH on Good Friday. Yee went for two appointments but refused to go for a third.
The judge asked Yee's lawyers if their client was prepared to accept the prosecution's offer to continue his appointments. Yee flatly refused.
Justice Tay said that in view of that, he saw no reason to vary any of the bail conditions.

prison got internet?

Turbocharged

So another person to be blamed, his crush for a girl .... :wacko:

so sad ..... [shakehead][shakehead]

At 16, the crushes I had can feed the thirst of a stadium.

My frustrations are pent up too but I did something to release all of that.

I just let it go and move on looking, there are many fishes in the sea.

Hypersonic

At 16, the crushes I had can feed the thirst of a stadium.

My frustrations are pent up too but I did something to release all of that.

I just let it go and move on looking, there are many fishes in the sea.

That is so misleading [sly][laugh]:D

↡ Advertisement