Amos Yee, 17 yr old who think he's cool by insulting LKY!

D3badge

Radio news reported this morning, he will be charged in court this afternoon ...... obi-good ... [smash][smash]

17yo is not really a kid liao... he should be responsible for this actions, what he said !

If we can see younger kids pouring their hearts for Mr Lee, school children braving the heavy downpour to pay their last respects, then why should we be forgiven to a young adult of 17yo who threw stones at us, when we are down the whole week?

Hope he can learn his lessons...

• Praise 4

Boycotting famous amos cookie now..

No no Brother Ender....

Famous Amos has nuts in them....this Infamous Amos Yee is nuts. There is a difference.

Edited by Leinad8919
  • Praise 4

Supercharged

I personally think that by arresting him and putting him on trial is only going to make him feel that he proved his point right and doesn't solve the problem at all.. at the same time, if he was jailed or whatsoever, its only wasting tax payers money..

besides, 17yo in today context is still consider young.. and how much can we expect from a guy who has never seen the transformation of Singapore before? this is the perfect example of taking things for granted lor..

want jail, jail his parents for they are the one that did a lousy job..

• Praise 1

must be quite a smart boy to give tuition to secondary where he himself just finished O level?

Too smart ....

Thats he thinks that he is above everyone around his age ... [thumbsdown]

Just let SAF turns him to respect LKY and SAF, please ensure that he is in the Infantry Brigade or Arty carrying the motar base plate ... [sly]

I personally think that by arresting him and putting him on trial is only going to make him feel that he proved his point right and doesn't solve the problem at all.. at the same time, if he was jailed or whatsoever, its only wasting tax payers money..

besides, 17yo in today context is still consider young.. and how much can we expect from a guy who has never seen the transformation of Singapore before? this is the perfect example of taking things for granted lor..

want jail, jail his parents for they are the one that did a lousy job..

He need to be charged under sedition act and he can kiss goodbye to jobs in Civil Service. [sly]

Maybe he can joint HHH and RN as threesome ... :wacko:

• Praise 2

I personally think that by arresting him and putting him on trial is only going to make him feel that he proved his point right and doesn't solve the problem at all.. at the same time, if he was jailed or whatsoever, its only wasting tax payers money...

I feel otherwise. If he made a mistake and broke the law along the way, for his own sake, he should be dealt with. The police should take the apportunity to let him know what went wrong and teach him what is right. No matter how young the person may be, they need to learn that their wrong action always come with some kind of consequences, just whether if it a small one or a huge one. Or at least this is what I tell my kids since they were a toddler. Edited by Silver_blade
  • Praise 2

Supercharged

His behaviour is a very disturbing trend happening in Singapore... Being disrespectful is cool, Being different from the rest is cool... so long I get attention that I need then I'm cool...

The power of social media...

• Praise 1

Too smart ....

Just let SAF turns him to respect LKY and SAF, please ensure that he is in the Infantry Brigade or Arty carrying the motar base plate ... [sly]

Mortar base plate later he complain back pain etc, kana downgrade etc. Give him a 2 km run in long 4 and boots on the beach near where the tide just reaches. Also have to carry a GPMG with wet sand in magazine box during the run. :ph34r:

If you kinder, get him to hold his hands out to side, parallel to the ground and do small arm rotations from the shoulder without his arms dropping for a few hours. [sly]

Edited by Mason016

Internal Moderator

From the way he speaks, his hand gestures and his american accent, I can safely say he is highly delusional.

Probably a social outcast and lives his life on the internet.

That said, his command of English is excellent but he can't even spell 'pronunciation' correctly. All his radical thoughts and beliefs are quite dangerously, learnt and taken, straight off the internet.

I CRINGED and could only last one minute of the video he made for Mr Lee Kuan Yew.

Let's not feed the troll.

• Praise 5

Is there something wrong the way we teach our young these days?

Or is there something to do with the food or water they eat and drink?

I dont see this young man as an exception but rather more common than suspected these days

Mortar base plate later he complain back pain etc, kana downgrade etc. Give him a 2 km run in long 4 and boots on the beach near where the tide just reaches. Also have to carry a GPMG with wet sand in magazine box during the run. :ph34r:

If you kinder, get him to hold his hands out to side, parallel to the ground and do small arm rotations from the shoulder without his arms dropping for a few hours. [sly]

I doubt he will serve NS and maybe after this case, kaput to other country.....

Hmmmm............. check Scoot to see any booking to Perth by name "Amos Yee" ... :huh:

Too smart ....

Since when did SAF become the LKY propaganda machine?

Our SAF is a conscript army and we tolerate it because it is a necessary evil for our survival - if people start to abuse it as a means of punishment, then people will be less tolerant of it.

If you think this kid deserves punishment, then it should be according to the law.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I would think the deeper problem here is not Amos, but the upbringing he has from his parents.

I guess his parents are prob late 40ish/early 50ish based on Amos' age. They would be the generation which literally grew up with LKY as PM from 1965 to 1990.

I understand no one agrees 100% with how LKY and his team had dealt with certain matters over the years. But overall, in the bigger scheme of things, I think that team did about many things right. And in many ways, regardless of the different political affilations we migth have, we generally agree we have come a long way.

Room for improvement? Yes. A rant against someone who spent his life making sure the next few generations are secured? He makes me bloodly mad.

So I cannot fanthom how Amos had been brought up to deliver this rant. Why was he brought up this way? Freedom of speech? I agree on this ideology only if everyone speaks up responsibly. But to hell with the person whose speech threatens the fabric of this country.

Mr AMos' father and mother, can you tell me what circumstances have made your son react this way?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2