Amos Yee, 17 yr old who think he's cool by insulting LKY!

D3badge

Hypersonic

The government says 454,687 people -- out of a population of 5.5 million -- paid their last respects to Lee before his public wake ended in parliament on Saturday.

How did they come up with such an EXACT figure? :blink: :blink:

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

I got the perfect solution to make everyone happy. Those wanting to free him and those wanting justice. How about we free him, then after that, let public justice take over without any intervention from police? How's that? Everyone gets what they want.

Freedom of speech and insulting is different thing all together... There are always somethings that are sensitive in some countries, just look at the Top Gear Patagonia series, yes it's freedom of speech but it's over the line...

you shd go read about the background of that whole TG thing. it's totally not their fault. Of cos those who cannot be swayed will sure say it's damage control yadda yadda yadda.

Simple summary about the car is, the plate is original and on the car since 1991, Jeremy wanted a 928 manual, there are very few manual 928s around in good condition. Producers bought the car. Argentina gets knickers in a twist. TG decides to change plates before they get into town but by then the politicians have spread the word and the entire town goes lynch mob mode.

Edited by Mockngbrd

Hypersonic

the title of this article is so wrong. He was arrested cos of what he said about a religion not cos he 'insulted' LKY.

The whole world is reporting he was arrested because of LKY. [whip]

My fren who is working at Changi prison say there are regularly such tour conducted by schools there.

Which school?

School of Morticians? Society of Prison renovation from Civil Engineering?

Labelling a cookie is high functioning Asperger is being merciful, crazy also merciful.

Maybe Archbishop can lead everyone to collect arms....

Ezekiel 25:17

Turbocharged

thats freedom of speech mah... the dumbasses will believe media reports, & the smart ones have long lost their respect for journalists & their parallel dimension reality

(edited)

guess this is more eye catching than reporting that he is caught for 'insulting' a religion. Edited by Silver_blade

Supersonic

the title of this article is so wrong. He was arrested cos of what he said about a religion not cos he 'insulted' LKY.

Not true as well. There were 3 charges and one of them was because he insulted LKY.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

We asked for it.

You look at the title reported by ST, the first article. The word "Anti LKY" stamp there big big. One look I know confirmed Hong kang liao, the western media will use it to spin their stories.

Supersonic
(edited)

thats freedom of speech mah... the dumbasses will believe media reports, & the smart ones have long lost their respect for journalists & their parallel dimension reality

The teen, who was not represented, allegedly uploaded content online which contained remarks against Christianity with the deliberate intention of wounding the religious feelings of Christians. He is also said to have transmitted electronically an image showing obscene figures.

The third charge comes under the Protection of Harassment Act. It accuses him of making an online video containing remarks about Mr Lee that offended people who viewed it. The remarks Yee made in the video included "good riddance" and his hope that the late Mr Lee would not rest in peace. - See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/courts-crime/story/teenager-charged-three-offences-against-christianity-and-lky-20150#sthash.nz9Wo9TS.dpuf

Edited by Kusje

Which school?

Secondary schools. He never told me any specific school.

If u need to know more please contact Prison Services. I am not their official spokesperson.

I remembered back in the 80's, there was this SAF Boy's School where those school drops out, out-of-control boys, ... etc were enlisted early. (those age between 16+ to 17+)

There, they will be trained to be a soldier.

Wonder if the school still exist. :huh:

mentally unstable pple can b difficult to handle. if theyre willing to seek treatment, then they may be able to live a normal life, but its v taxing on the family as such pple are v messed up.

actually there are alot of mental cases out there & most will never admit that theyre bipolar, clinically depressed etc

Many of them are not actually ill. They just have personality disorders.

Not much you can do about it now actually. The damage was done during childhood. Part nature, part nuture.

The three charges were:

(1) for actions that have the "deliberate intention of wounding the religious or racial feelings of any person".

Yee was also charged with (2) circulating on his blog an obscene object -- a graphic cartoon of Lee with former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher -- as well as (3) making threatening, abusive or insulting communication under the city-state's newly enacted Protection from Harassment Act.

The 3rd one is NEWLY enacted. As we know, a new broom sweeps clean so does a new rule will be enforced to deter future offender.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

I remembered back in the 80's, there was this SAF Boy's School where those school drops out, out-of-control boys, ... etc were enlisted early. (those age between 16+ to 17+)

There, they will be trained to be a soldier.

Wonder if the school still exist. :huh:

I thought that was for regulars?

Supersonic

The three charges were:

(1) for actions that have the "deliberate intention of wounding the religious or racial feelings of any person".

Yee was also charged with (2) circulating on his blog an obscene object -- a graphic cartoon of Lee with former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher -- as well as (3) making threatening, abusive or insulting communication under the city-state's newly enacted Protection from Harassment Act.

The 3rd one is NEWLY enacted. As we know, a new broom sweeps clean so does a new rule will be enforced to deter future offender.

Without seeing the actual photo for #2, I can't say if that charge was solely related to insulting LKY or not. If it was just a photo of them kissing then I would say it is but if it was a fake nude photo then that is another story.

The point still stands, at least for charge #3, he was arrested because he insulted LKY. Let's call a spade a spade. Even if you think that our society is not ready for western style freedom of speech (not even the west is ready for that IMO), that doesn't mean we need to be in denial as to the freedoms we actually have.

Honestly, I would have liked it better if he was only charged for #1 (making remarks insulting to x-tians).

↡ Advertisement