Amos Yee, 17 yr old who think he's cool by insulting LKY!

D3badge

How did they come up with such an EXACT figure? :blink: :blink:

Maybe be the security machines when we go thru' can also count pax

Hypersonic

Maybe be the security machines when we go thru' can also count pax

Yes yes... that's possible. [:)]

(edited)

I'm most likely not the correct person to ask - many that know me call me a mango (white on the outside, yellow inside)...

err...I believe those folks meant Banana ?

I know mango can be either yellow-orange or green on the outside depending on the fruit's ripeness. But it certainly not white on the inside.

just my 0.002 ringgit.

Edited by Wishcumstrue

me no Christian................but me is very offended also......... [mad][mad][mad]

we all know there is an agenda behind...................just hope that Christians understand it as well............dont fall for the trap........ [grouphug]

Fully agreed and well said!!

Hope all religions will be tolerant when provoked. Religion is very personal and sacred and insulting one's religion is a no-go under any circumstances. Hope those offended will be tolerant, forgiving and magnanimous which is the bedrock of a harmonious society and long may we have harmony here!!

• Praise 10

Twincharged

They go thru the metal detector I think...

Yeah. They got the security check so thats probably how they count the number of people going through.

Turbocharged

err...I believe those folks meant Banana ?

I know mango can be either yellow-orange or green on the outside depending on the fruit's ripeness. But it certainly not white on the inside.

just my 0.002 ringgit.

Banana is yellow on outside, white inside

Is derogatory term for westernised chinese

I am not chinese

Some people try to be cleber - say I white on outside yellow inside...

Hypersonic

OT a bit ...

Just like the Road Safety Park located at East Coast ...

We should also have a kind of program for School Children to visit and experience what its like to be in Prison ...

This can be an Educational Tour or Excursion ...

They have it in my time. It was the Haw Par Villa. After a trip there, I wouldn't dare to tells lies, be a glutton, for the fear of getting my tongue pulled out and cut, or stomach kenna sliced opened till intestine drop out.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

If he charged for 3 things, then the headline has to reflect that? Focusing on LKY is just right.

to my mind focusing on LKY is wrong strategy -

For most people, even if they don't agree they can "support / understand" not allowing derogatory comments about a religion

It's pretty hard to support using the law to defend the sensibilities of a dead person.

If the post is factually incorrect - use that.

If it says "bad things" about a dead person - so be it - who is there to be offended?

It's a rather scary thought to say that you are not allowed to criticise LKY. Many do not want to, and that's fine, but to say that you're not allowed to - how to examine the "worth" of his policies if you are not allowed to criticise?

In life - if you want to do something controversial (eg: land acquisition act) then you should be willing to live with the critics as well as the benefits - if you are confident the ends justify the means, that the benefits outweigh the costs - then don't run from the costs. Acknowledge them and make your argument that they are counterbalanced by the benefits to society.

• Praise 1

Without seeing the actual photo for #2, I can't say if that charge was solely related to insulting LKY or not. If it was just a photo of them kissing then I would say it is but if it was a fake nude photo then that is another story.

The point still stands, at least for charge #3, he was arrested because he insulted LKY. Let's call a spade a spade. Even if you think that our society is not ready for western style freedom of speech (not even the west is ready for that IMO), that doesn't mean we need to be in denial as to the freedoms we actually have.

Honestly, I would have liked it better if he was only charged for #1 (making remarks insulting to x-tians).

agree with you that people are offended mainly because he insulted LKY. Let say of the 3 charges and replace LKY with any other person, i doubt many people would even paying attention cos such comments happen everyday on internet.

watched the video.

He's a silly narcisstic smart alecky 16-17 year old.

I personally don't think he should be prosecuted.

Even for the christian part.

He just chooses to emphasise the bad parts about Mr Lee and the system that we chose, a meritocratic system with free economy.

think the best punishment for this ginna is to lock him up in his bedroom for one month WITHOUT access to internet, mobile phone, and TV

maybe give him a small radio as entertainment

oh wait, will the western press criticise this as infringement of human rights?

How about sending him to one of the hundreds of bootcamp for internet addicted teenages in China ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9b1WsT2daY

agree with you that people are offended mainly because he insulted LKY. Let say of the 3 charges and replace LKY with any other person, i doubt many people would even paying attention cos such comments happen everyday on internet.

Yes, how many similar such comments we read everyday on this forum or others.

Turbocharged

Once he touch religion...... [knife][smash] ........... Focusing on LKY just make it stand out more....

Looking at the photo of him smiling away...... he is really sick and make other people sick looking at it.....

Whatever his intention and agenda.... the govt stand is firm...... dont fark around with religion (& our dear LKY) in Singapore..... Freedom of Speech don't apply...... it only give the govt Freedom of Arrest.... [rolleyes][laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1