Amos Yee, 17 yr old who think he's cool by insulting LKY!

D3badge

Banana is yellow on outside, white inside

Is derogatory term for westernised chinese

I am not chinese

Some people try to be cleber - say I white on outside yellow inside...

So that makes you an egg? :D

• Praise 1

Banana is yellow on outside, white inside

Is derogatory term for westernised chinese

I am not chinese

Some people try to be cleber - say I white on outside yellow inside...

I know that and many are also aware that quite a few degorary terms were invented in the English language to decribe ethnic Chinese, regardless of their background.

Question is why the reference to "mango" when it is known as fruit that is hardly "white", both inside and out - and considering you are not an ethnic Chinese ?

Dont want lar.... his ang mo piak piak.... you send him to China.... later his Chinese also piak piak..... then he go make bilingual Video.... [crazy][shakehead]

I am sure his parents will be more than happy to get their son re-educated, one way or another.

Another wasted 17-yr old ?

Turbocharged

I know that and many are also aware that quite a few degorary terms were invented in the English language to decribe ethnic Chinese, regardless of their background.

Question is why the reference to "mango" when it is known as fruit that is hardly "white", both inside and out - and considering you are not an ethnic Chinese ?

I am sure his parents will be more than happy to get their son re-educated, one way or another.

Wah lau....so like that? It's not perfect - I guess it's the best thing they can think that's yellow on inside?

A bit of imagination can or not?

As to pejoratives - there are plenty around in whatever language you want to choose...

When I look at the recent photo of the family leaving the Court, I felt for the father. He ever stop FA to wave to the media.The parents seems to be decent people.

When I saw the video of him receiving the award for short film, the signs are already there ... he said that he prefer to work alone and do not like to work with people.

But, there is still a part of me ... questioning the fact that the parents allows him to turn out to what he is today, what went wrong along the way ? An average 16 year old would not behave like him.

He will remain a social outcast. The support that he is getting from some Singaporeans is not helping him but will give him the wrong signal.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Like this maybe

Isn't that brown on the outside, white on the inside? Like...ok, throwing out celebrity names here would get me labelled racist in the US or UK, but accusations of 'not being black enough' have been levelled at Obama and other prominent African-Americans.

Edited by Turboflat4

When I look at the recent photo of the family leaving the Court, I felt for the father. He ever stop FA to wave to the media.The parents seems to be decent people.

When I saw the video of him receiving the award for short film, the signs are already there ... he said that he prefer to work alone and do not like to work with people.

But, there is still a part of me ... questioning the fact that the parents allows him to turn out to what he is today, what went wrong along the way ? An average 16 year old would not behave like him.

He will remain a social outcast. The support that he is getting from some Singaporeans is not helping him but will give him the wrong signal.

should go get his head examined, something wrong with the wiring. . . . .

dangerous bugger, what if he turns out to be like that gunman from Norway or the suicidal co-pilot. [sweatdrop]

• Praise 1

Isn't that brown on the outside, white on the inside? Like...ok, throwing out celebrity names here would get me labelled racist in the US or UK, but accusations of 'not being black enough' have been levelled at Obama and other prominent African-Americans.

Yes, they are so caught up in their definition of "blackness"...

But in someway u can't blame them, many things are working against them as a minority.

Turbocharged

think the best punishment for this ginna is to lock him up in his bedroom for one month WITHOUT access to internet, mobile phone, and TV

maybe give him a small radio as entertainment

oh wait, will the western press criticise this as infringement of human rights?

Some weeks ago I remember watching a documentary where they sent American teens to prisons for a day for visiting and talk to the inmates, then to a court and a real judge.

One teen was guai lan and they actually handcuffed him.

Then in the court, he was rude to the judge and they put him in a cell till he changed his attitude hours later.

At the end of the show they also tracked the progress of the teens, of the 3 only one remained defiant.

Imo this is good that we can learn from.

Yes, they are so caught up in their definition of "blackness"...

But in someway u can't blame them, many things are working against them as a minority.

I'm not blaming them at all. Racism, both overt and subtle, is still rampant in the US.

But why talk about them when we don't even have our own house in order. Racism is alive and well in Singapore as well. It's just whether we choose to acknowledge it or not. And since we have no true freedom of speech (without falling afoul of sedition laws), honest reflection and debate is also difficult.

As I mentioned in another post, I am OK with the sedition laws here (I accept them as a necessity in this population). I just want to see tons more enforcement, a zero tolerance policy. Anyone making a racially disparaging remark gets hauled up publicly. Why not? It's the law, after all. As it stands, the uneven enforcement makes the whole thing a bit of a farce. You don't actually get hauled up unless you make a real spectacle of yourself on social media and/or go up against the political establishment, etc.

The more I read, the more heart pain I felt.

What would you do as a parent if you have a teenager like that? All these things happening and he is still staying with you? You have to still see him day and night. What are you going to say to him when you bump into him in the house?

It is traumatic for the parents. Sometimes it is so easy to blame the parents. But we as parents know that to make ends meet we need to work too. Balance is such a easy word to use but difficult to follow.

Hi, Bro Bill Y,

During my secondary studies, there is one junior school mate been public caned by our discipline master for 6 times of notorious mischievous bad conduct caught red handed, he still keep acting as a macho hero super brave star of attraction in front of everyone in the school field and canteen without any shame and remorse, continue to make everyone scares of him in the school compound.

One morning, we saw his mother crying at the school office corridor kneel to beg our school principal and discipline master to help her sent her son to "Reformative Boy's prison", finally he was being expel on that day out of the school and lock up for reformative training.

30 years later, he is the plumber came to my house to fix my kitchen tap and I can recognise him clearly, we chatted about our secondary school day mishaps and I can see that he is deeply regretted of his past in remorse.

If parent are unable to teach their own children, it would be wise to let other to teach and nurture without emotional elements.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

You're very polite -

the other term is "Uncle Tom" right?

Some of the more militant also use "Blood Traitor"

But seriously - for me I hate it when people change perceptions based on colour - my kid gets it and it drives me crazy...

She does well at engrish, and people are like - "chey, Daddy Ang Mo, what do you expect?" (which is totally not fair, engish is her worst subject, and besides - whatever talent she does have is because she reads, and I make her practice)

Do well at Chinese - and people are surprised. Why is that - yellow skin comes with an extra gene that lets you understand Chinese?

Public humiliation will work for some - for others it just makes it a matter of "face" not to change....

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
(edited)

You're very polite -

the other term is "Uncle Tom" right?

Some of the more militant also use "Blood Traitor"

But seriously - for me I hate it when people change perceptions based on colour - my kid gets it and it drives me crazy...

She does well at engrish, and people are like - "chey, Daddy Ang Mo, what do you expect?" (which is totally not fair, engish is her worst subject, and besides - whatever talent she does have is because she reads, and I make her practice)

Do well at Chinese - and people are surprised. Why is that - yellow skin comes with an extra gene that lets you understand Chinese?

Public humiliation will work for some - for others it just makes it a matter of "face" not to change....

u dam sensitive lor... arent u used to racism by now? i dont support racism but its always there anywhere in the world

Edited by Duckduck
↡ Advertisement