Need advise: got hit by malaysian van from behind

Advancer

Bro 2Bdriver....pls pm the contact.

Want to clarify....

If the accident happen in Malaysia, can have the repair done in Singapore and later engage the Malaysia lawyer to do the claim?

Hi, Bro Credor,

FYI, my PM sent at 10:49pm.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Why Malaysian car still allow to drive in Sg since so complicated once involve in accident ?

Because Singaporeans like to drive into Malaysia too. Touch wood. I wonder how claims are made if got into accidents with Malaysian cars in Malaysia? (Make claims or claim who's fist is bigger?)

(edited)

GIA will tell you, why call me? don't you know GIA role is TCSS only ...

GIA will tell u to claim against your own policy.

2B, thank you very much [thumbsup]

Hi Bro Wt_know,

FYI my PM sent at 1026pm.

Edited by Wt_know

2BDriver ... Can you kindly please PM me your contact !!! thank you ...

Or any kind member here that request and got 2BDriver contact to share and pm me. Thanks

Supercharged

thanks brother 2bdriver. you are very helpful!

Hi, Bro Acemundo,

FYI my PM sent at 10:19pm.

Hi, Bro Davidtch,

FYI, my PM sent at 10:23pm.

Hi Bro Wt_know,

FYI my PM sent at 1026pm.

Hi all, was very unlucky and got hit by a malaysian van today. My Toyota Altis is just 3 weeks old.

It hit our car on the back and obviously it's the van driver's fault as we were stationary at the red light.

No injuries and did a police report together.

Later then found out that Borneo motors won't do a claim against 3rd party and especially a Malaysian insurance conpany.

Found out that total repair cost would be $1500 but the van driver isn't willing to pay as he keep insisting he is covered by insurance and have the rights not to pay a single cent. He then verbally agreed to fork out $1k as a goodwill but it has to be over a few months as he is a blue collar construction worker here.

That guy has now gone back to jb and I don't even know if he is really paying me the $1k.

We definitely won't do a claim from our own insurance as my dad was at the steering wheel and excess would be in the thousands.

Any kind advise from fellow forumers here? Any reliable workshop willing to do Malaysian insurance claim?

Hopefully you will be able to get the agreed $1k bro. Then try to do the repairs at a workshop rather than going back to BM. Anyway, like some have mentioned, if BM quote $1.5k, outside workshop should be lesser than that. All the best to you bro.

Hopefully you will be able to get the agreed $1k bro. Then try to do the repairs at a workshop rather than going back to BM. Anyway, like some have mentioned, if BM quote $1.5k, outside workshop should be lesser than that. All the best to you bro.

Thanks. Have some reprieve today as i received a $200 deposit in my bank from the driver.

Asked him how long he gonna take to repay me another $800, no answer..........

• Praise 1

Thanks. Have some reprieve today as i received a $200 deposit in my bank from the driver.

Wa.. u quite lucky, still can take back $200. If it is a small damage, just take the $$.

U decide which WS to go?

Hi,

Our car was hit by a malaysian car many years ago. We claimed from our insurance company and there's no loading durng renewal.

We were stopping at the traffic now and suddenly felt a bang from behind. The Malaysian car was actually stopping behind us too. It was hit by a taxi from behind. The impact was so strong that the Malaysian car was pushed forward and hit our car. The taxi driver told us that he actually steppted on the accelerator instead of the brake.

(edited)

U decide which WS to go?

not confirmed yet, still deciding.

Edited by Advancer
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

But if they are Msia car ....... 1 year $600 SGD about rm 1.5K

Its extra revenue for local car insurance

So have a Insurer to work with OCBC or GE ? The thing here is not who do it ...

I am just looking at the feasibility

It's not extra revenue because they actually have to provide cover when there is an accident. Right now they can just refuse to pay up...

• Praise 1

(edited)

6 layers in total. 4 layers done at their workshop. The other 2 layers spray outside before go in their ws. 33min48sec.

Haha... PeopleAfterProfit?

Last week, someone said "profit" is not a dirty word.

Edited by Passat57
  • Praise 1

Hi 2BDriver, Could you PM me the contact?

Hi Cypress,

Good Day.

FYI, my PM sent at 3:39pm.

2BDriver ... Can you kindly please PM me your contact !!! thank you ...

Or any kind member here that request and got 2BDriver contact to share and pm me. Thanks

Hi, Bro Abachee,

Good Day.

FYI, my PM sent at 3:43pm.

• Praise 1

haha, u r rught, actually if car can move still ok but car cannot move need tow truck, then sure kena ketuk unless u got lobang for local tow truck. been trying to get a list u have?

awesome advice ... [thumbsup]

if can do all that means the accident was not so bad ...

nothing is luckier than stay alive and fight another day

You can try calling GIAS

GENERAL INSURANCE ASSOCIATION OF SINGAPORE

180 Cecil Street, #15-01,

Bangkok Bank Building,

Singapore 069546

www.gia.org.sg

Do they ever pick up the calls?

And where is the phone number??

↡ Advertisement