2015 Apr, 1st COE Bidding Exercise

yo2020

Looking at 1 year ago, the quota for Cat A is 367 while there are 537 bids. 170 bids over than quota. And its $77k

Now quota is almost 1000 and bids over 2000. there will be 1000 over that won't be successful and yet premium is lower. :wacko:

So what does it tell u? all controlled... decided by AD who bids and not what the consumer decides what price he is willing to pay

• Praise 4

i think coe will stay about the same. those cny non guaranteed coes will not be bidding the coes higher.

more crucial will be de-registration numbers which will affect the quota from may to jul. if that number falls short, then that could trigger panic buying.

• Praise 3

Looking at 1 year ago, the quota for Cat A is 367 while there are 537 bids. 170 bids over than quota. And its $77k

Now quota is almost 1000 and bids over 2000. there will be 1000 over that won't be successful and yet premium is lower. :wacko:

So what does it tell u? all controlled... decided by AD who bids and not what the consumer decides what price he is willing to pay

Well, more COEs because more cars are scrapped and those who have scrapped also wants to buy replacement. LPPL. No nett gain unless people give up driving, or there's increase in supply (which is only 0.25%).

• Praise 4

Once crowd rushing for CEVS gone + quota increase, hopefully we will see decrease in COE price.

Hoping to see 2k quota per bid for Cat A again. July should give us a clearer picture on direction of COE.

• Praise 5

Well, more COEs because more cars are scrapped and those who have scrapped also wants to buy replacement. LPPL. No nett gain unless people give up driving, or there's increase in supply (which is only 0.25%).

Affordability is also one of the variable here.

In equilibrium,

Potential new car owner who can afford/willing to buy + existing car owner who can afford/willing to buy = existing car owner who cant afford/not willing to buy/doesn't need a car anymore

which side of the equation will be higher?

2i90kk.jpg

demand seems high especially for bnb Cat A cars. what is the impact of 3 wks' break?? :o

the est COE quota frm May 2015 was computed in Post #200 in this thread: http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2696791-monthly-sharing-on-dereg-data-projected-coe-quota

I predict all CATs drop,

because everyone thinking 3 weeks break plus new CESV going to implement, definitely COE will be up, scare to plunge in,

then we just reverse thinking, jump in can get low COE

• Praise 2

Twincharged

You do decide what price you are willing to pay by signing on the deal. If an altis is 150k will you buy? In the end it is still the consumer setting the price. If no one buys at 150k, then prices will come down to match demand. No one put a gun to your head to force you to buy. Willing seller willing buyer.

• Praise 1

fortunately for car buyers, 10% dereg frm Cat C & D will contribute to Open Cat (which is mainly used for cars). this will alleviate the pain. [;)]

• Praise 3

fortunately for car buyers, 10% dereg frm Cat C & D will contribute to Open Cat (which is mainly used for cars). this will alleviate the pain. [;)]

Oh...if so, then that will alleviate Cat B...wld be interesting if cat B falls below A... [dizzy]

(edited)

My prediction. COE should be increase/ remain this time round due to the new CEVS scam scheme. Plus those SF plater owner, who have stronger buying power compare to those SG & SJ platter owner, will most likely renew their COE, or buy new car (B&B car was around 60K to 90K in 2005).

Edited by Tigershark1976
  • Praise 3

Supersonic

My prediction. COE should be increase/ remain this time round due to the new CEVS scam scheme. Plus those SF plater owner, who have stronger buying power compare to those SG & SJ platter owner, will most likely renew their COE, or buy new car (B&B car was around 60K to 90K in 2005).

Back in 2005 when you have 60k you can buy quite a decent sedan car, fast forward to 2015 when 60K only buy a piece of coe paper!? Lol.

Guess all those car owners whose car due this year, can have 3 options lah. Either renew coe, buy used car or new car.

Like I said in the other thread, there is still large outstanding booking since after CNY.

So I won't forsee there is much changes in COE prices.

When I collect my new car today, notice most of the buyers are mature adults. IE in 40s n 50s, working adult n professional who most probably hv sufficient savings to purchase new car. So most probably there are current owners replacing their current ride.

Talk to my SE and he told majority of his buyers are so call replacement buyer. Ie getting new ride to displace their old ride.

Another group he notice are young professionals/ young working adult. These groups sometimes get help from their parents for deposit for new car...

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Guess all those car owners whose car due this year, can have 3 options lah. Either renew coe, buy used car or new car.

Wah . .. You damn solid... Why i didn't thought of those 3 options....lol..

• Praise 3

Wah . .. You damn solid... Why i didn't thought of those 3 options....lol..

There is one more option....but maybe much less popular......scrap car and take public transport. I for one will not be able to give up the car....

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1