Proton just as good as BMW, Putrajaya says

Sagara

It is just like saying Malaysian ministers good, if not better than SG's LKY!

Yes Proton is as good as BMW

and I hope all Malaysian cabinet

ministers drive one after buying

one with their own money.

:D

↡ Advertisement

The statement I believe.

.... when combined with features of the “Lotus Ride and Handling”, has helped improve the standard of Proton vehicles.

[:)]

Proton cars are as safe as those from Volvo, the International Trade and Industry Ministry (MITI) has said. The ministry, in a written reply to Batu Gajah MP V. Sivakumar’s question on whether Proton has what it takes to compete with international rivals, said Proton’s newer models featured “advanced technology, high quality and performance”.

MITI elaborated by saying that current Proton models like the Exora, Preve, Suprima S and Iriz feature safety tech such as ABS, EBD, Brake Assist and Electronic Stability Control, in addition to things like “whiplash protection headrests”, six airbags and Isofix mounts for child seats. These features are typically offered in premium imported cars, the ministry pointed out.

They think having those equipment mention above means the car is as safe as conti? There is still the construction of the car to look into. My bread and butter conti has 10 air bags (which I don't know why) means my car is safer than volvo?

(edited)

in some 1st world countries, Proton is more exclusive than BMW! :Pmalaysia-perdana-wpcf_728x413.jpg

Edited by Dice

Agree but not everyone will bother to read the whole article, let alone search and/or able to perceive the intended message. As usual, the root of the problem often lies with the journalist / editor who chose a title to sensationalise the news otherwise it may not attract enough readers and critics - rightly or wrongly [sunny]

Read first then post leh, otherwise the joke may be on us in the end.

I'm not saying what they say is true, but the context they are talking about is safety.

"It noted that the national carmaker gained international acclaim when it earned five stars from the Australasian New Car Assessment

Programme (ANCAP) and Asean NCAP.

“This rating puts the Proton car models on par with other popular car makes like BMW, Volvo, Toyota and Honda,” the ministry said."

(edited)

in some 1st world countries, Proton is more exclusive than BMW! :Pmalaysia-perdana-wpcf_728x413.jpg

I think this Perdana is a re-badge of previous generation Honda Accord. So yeah, some truth in the Minister statement eventhough it is still shameful.

Edited by zerobim08

So far we only see Proton owner trying very hard to rebage their ride into a conti. When the day comes where conti owner trying very hard to rebadge their ride into a Proton, then we can say Proton is there there already.

(edited)

Proton would only be as [thumbsup] as BMW if they rebadge a BMW.

Honestly speaking..

Proton cars nothing bad...

but

nothing good either...

Who knows..

It may be more reliable than a VW [lipsrsealed]

Edited by Aaronlkl
  • Praise 8

Honestly speaking..

but

nothing good either...

Who knows..

I thought Lancer CS3 using same engine as the Waja ?

• Praise 2

Honestly speaking..

but

nothing good either...

Who knows..

And cheaper to maintain in long run

• Praise 4

The only way for pronton to be able to compete at home ground is to tax the foreign brand gao gao says it all. Period!

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I'm convinced. Trading in my BMW for a Proton nao.

Don't bluff. The BMW belongs to your neighbour 😂😂😂

Don't bluff. The BMW belongs to your neighbour 😂😂😂

No, but I know your ass does. My neighbour very happy with it, too. Says feels and smells just like sotong, don't even need lube.

How about I buy you a new proton and you just tx ur m5 to me, it's what my managers call a win win situation :)

I'm convinced. Trading in my BMW for a Proton nao.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1