Kia Carens 2015: all new 7-seater arrives

yo2020

I'm one of the diesel SX Galaxy brown.

So far FC about 7L/100km. Approx 14km/L.

This is without Eco mode. I find Eco mode less power. Will try a few week with Eco and check the FC again.

This is without Eco mode. I find Eco mode less power. Will try a few week with Eco and check the FC again.

The spec claim 19km/l.. guess is overstated.

Those spec are tested in control environment. Same for any car. No standard for controlling FC test. In real environment we will faced traffic jam during peak hours, waiting people, heavy load, up/down hill, many humb, many zebra, many junction, many traffic light, spin many round to reach car park, waiting 5-10mins for a car park lot and etc.

Hardly can remember how many time can drive 80/90km/hrs on highway nowadays except midnight and low peak hour which I'll be staying at office or sleeping at home most of time.

This is real life driving condition...

Those spec are tested in control environment. Same for any car. No standard for controlling FC test. In real environment we will faced traffic jam during peak hours, waiting people, heavy load, up/down hill, many humb, many zebra, many junction, many traffic light, spin many round to reach car park, waiting 5-10mins for a car park lot and etc.

Hardly can remember how many time can drive 80/90km/hrs on highway nowadays except midnight and low peak hour which I'll be staying at office or sleeping at home most of time.

This is real life driving condition...

How u feel about the overall experience of the car?

Any area you dont like?

Any review of the sunroof? Does it feels hot during the day at the roof area for SX?

How the heat rejection of the solar film, think is rikecool.... is it good?

Overall experience with my Carens is very good. Love the interior and exterior.

What I don't like is the Diesel engine noise. Louder that petrol engine when accelerate. No issue when driving in constant speed so still can bear with it.

Another think is the engine response. When apply pedal brake or hand break, it will bring engine to idle (like in neutral state). So when let go brake, it need some time to react when accelerate. Response not very good on first gear. Subsequence is ok.

For sun roof, I open sun shade during morning/parking indoor car park and evening. When parking outdoor, I will close the shade. I added curtain at rear window and cover up front screen when parking under hot sun so when collect the car no issue. Very fast cooling even during hot day. Ride cool seems to work for me.

I'll open up sun roof when waiting for people inside with engine off.

Supersonic

For a car of this size & weight, 14km/ L is good based on 50/50 driving.

Hi Folks,

just to share, just bought a 2.0L petrol version. Running for 2 weeks plus. petrol consumption is around 8-8.5km per litre....mixture of highway (1/4) and city (3/4) driving. I'm the light footed kind.

• Praise 2

Hi Folks,

just to share, just bought a 2.0L petrol version. Running for 2 weeks plus. petrol consumption is around 8-8.5km per litre....mixture of highway (1/4) and city (3/4) driving. I'm the light footed kind.

Hi, care to share more on your petrol version ride? Is the power adequate etc? TIA

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Am considering between the Carens, 5008 and Grand Scenic. The 5008 and Grand Scenic has a much quieter ride, but my current ride, a forte SX has serve me well with no issues for the last 7 years.

Why did you guys decide to go with a Carens over the other compact MPVs? Price wise it's all in the range.

• Praise 1

I was driving a stream previously. Power and trim of the caren is better. But stream has better space. The continental alternatives are easily 10k more expensive and diesel kind. Have not considered diesel vehicle.

If you use Eco and push the car cos less power, u might end up with even worse FC so unless you are prepared to accept Eco as it is, otherwise best you use normal mode.

• Praise 6

I was driving a stream previously. Power and trim of the caren is better. But stream has better space. The continental alternatives are easily 10k more expensive and diesel kind. Have not considered diesel vehicle.

The Stream is a pretty outdated model so it's not surprising that the Carens has better trim than it. Have you tried the Honda Jade 6-seater? It's the spiritual successor to the Stream and comes packed with features at a similar price to the Carens (at least for the ones that the PI are bringing in). Unfortunately, it's only a 6-seater and not 7.

Neutral Newbie

I am currently driving a a Stream. Jow do you find the car compared to Stream in terms of handling and steering frel? Is the suspension too soft as what a lot of reviews said?

I need a quasi 7 seater. 6 seater will not do. (as such, Jade is out).

The steering is really very light. And the suspension is quite hard. But able to absorb unevenness. Sound Insulation is pretty good too.

A gripe is the 3rd row seats. when trying to lay flat or upright, the 2nd row seat cannot be at the extreme back, need to push the 2nd row seat slightly forward if not the 3rd row seat headrest will get stuck in between while lowering or lifting. Also the 3rd row seat backrest only has 1 standard position, not adjustable at all compared to Stream. Overall seating space is also not as good as Stream.

But this is the best budget 7 seater that appeals to me...Guess will have to accept certain inconveniences.

Hi Folks,

Also considering the Carens but cannot decide between petrol and the diesel version which also comes with dual-clutch. What was the deal-clincher for you?

↡ Advertisement