Kia Carens 2015: all new 7-seater arrives

yo2020

Sound like a gd deal u gt 4 e SX model.

Do they take-in ur car at $5k trade in's value? Or higher?

Y UOB & nt May-bank? Ani reason?

E mentioned freebies r standard or given per on request?

trade in rebate of 6k

took UOB because Maybank charge a higher penalty if you decide to make early full payment

they will give u few freebies and the rest is very much on nego parts, who need who more 

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

You must pump Euro 6 diesel...

In Malaysia, use Euro 5. Don't think they have Euro-6. I drove to Malaysia and most of the pump stations nowadays has Euro-5. At the petrol station cluster near to 2nd link, only Petronas has Euro-5. All other stations near the 2nd link do not carry any Euro-5 diesel as of now. I already pumped thrice with Euro-5 diesel in Malaysia and there is no issue at all. For a list of Shell stations in Malaysia with Euro-5 diesel, you can refer to http://www.shell.com.my/motorists/shell-fuels/shell-fuelsave-fuels.html  

For BHP stations, you can refer to http://www.bhpetrol.com.my/products-services/bhpetrol-fuel/infiniti-euro2-euro5-diesel

trade in rebate of 6k

took UOB because Maybank charge a higher penalty if you decide to make early full payment

they will give u few freebies and the rest is very much on nego parts, who need who more

Does it mean they take your car in at paper value + $6k?

Not to confuse diesel vs euro standard.

European emission standards define the acceptable limits for exhaust emissions of new vehicles sold in EU member states. Country outside EU adopting the standard.

It define the emission standards for petrol and diesel for passenger car and commercial vehicle.

Singapore is adopting the euro 5 standard now. Plan to move to euro 6 in 2016. refer to my previous post.

Kia Carens is already euro 6 certified so it's comply to euro 6 and lower emission regulation.

Other euro 5-compliant diesel vehicle may already comply to euro 6 standard. Check with your car manufacturer for update.

For type of diesel available in market, basically classify as follow:

1. Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD)

it's a cleaner diesel. Ultra low sulphur diesel fuel has been refined so that its sulphur content is 15 parts per million (ppm) or less.

Suitable for modern and old type diesel engine. Refer to car manufacturer recommendation.

2. Low Sulfur Diesel (LSD)

Maximum 500ppm sulfer.

For old type diesel engine. Not suitable for modern diesel engine because it may clog up filter and damage engine.

3. Off road diesel

May exceed 500ppm sulfur.

For other diesel machinery usage.

ULSD diesel is available in Singapore in all fuel stations now in order for diesel vehicle to comply with euro 5 emission standard. Some fuel station may label their diesel suitable for euro 5-compliant vehicle and some may not. This may create confusion among users without knowledge on their diesel engine and rely on euro 5 or euro 6 label on fuel station and think that the diesel labelled with euro 5 is not suitable for modern diesel vehicle with euro 6-compliant.

Again, euro 5 or euro 6 is emission control standard. Not to confuse with ULSD offer by fuel stations.

The modern diesel engine with euro 5 or euro 6-compliant should work with ULSD diesel.

Refer to vehicle manufacturer if you have doubt.

Layman we say Euro 5/6 diesel. Normally ppl don't use LSD or ULSD.

In Malaysia all BHP will have both LSD and ULSD (my experiences so far). Look for label euro 5 or blue handle in Malaysia petrol station. Not the black handle.

Some JB petrol station will have ULSD.

If you on highway from SG to KL, ULSD available at Kulai Shell or next is Pagoh. After that in Klang Valley but not all. Easiest is look for BHP.

In Malaysia, use Euro 5. Don't think they have Euro-6. I drove to Malaysia and most of the pump stations nowadays has Euro-5. At the petrol station cluster near to 2nd link, only Petronas has Euro-5. All other stations near the 2nd link do not carry any Euro-5 diesel as of now. I already pumped thrice with Euro-5 diesel in Malaysia and there is no issue at all. For a list of Shell stations in Malaysia with Euro-5 diesel, you can refer to http://www.shell.com.my/motorists/shell-fuels/shell-fuelsave-fuels.html

For BHP stations, you can refer to http://www.bhpetrol.com.my/products-services/bhpetrol-fuel/infiniti-euro2-euro5-diesel

What I meant was diesel suitable for Euro 6 compliant diesel engines... anything with higher sulfur content will cause fouling of your engine... for emergency, still can use Euro 2 standard diesel - that is ordinary diesel... but you have to plan for the diesel runs cos while all BHP stations have suitable diesel, they aren't as ubiquitous as say Shell or Petronas...

Neutral Newbie

Hi anyone knows any one able to install reverse cam and more options of the player? Bcos i asked a few and they doesnt have the panel to change for our car thus unable to fix... any idea?

Does it mean they take your car in at paper value + $6k?

Yup on top of your paper value

*but some sales person told me it was kind of marketing and sales gimmicks*

Hey guys, I was told by the SE that the FL Carens SX no longer available with moonroof. Is that right?

Yup, the one I book didn't come with it.

You may check with the sales person about it

Hey guys, I was told by the SE that the FL Carens SX no longer available with moonroof. Is that right?

Dude... don't you think the sales person knows more accurately whether the new Carens comes with the moonroof or not compared to forum dwellers?

Dude... don't you think the sales person knows more accurately whether the new Carens comes with the moonroof or not compared to forum dwellers?

Don't you think we shouldn't always trust the sales person? Maybe they are clearing their existing stock (no moonroof version)....

Isn't it good that we are at an era where consumers have greater avenues to verify information and exchange pointers?

• Praise 1

(edited)

Just to share my experience with a certain French AD.... Not sure if it is intentional or that the sale person really didn't know. When I went to check out the new SUV, she told me that the higher trim version has been sold out, and only left with the lower trim... Bugged me for 2 over weeks despite me repeatedly telling her I am interested in the higher trim only. She kept saying worldwide shortage, no allocation timetable for Singapore, and even the lower trim is running out of stock. By the 3rd week, she texted to inform me that very limited units of the higher trim is available for booking.......... And there is also a more powerful engine on offer now

Edited by Notsogoodman

Just to share my experience with a certain French AD.... Not sure if it is intentional or that the sale person really didn't know. When I went to check out the new SUV, she told me that the higher trim version has been sold out, and only left with the lower trim... Bugged me for 2 over weeks despite me repeatedly telling her I am interested in the higher trim only. She kept saying worldwide shortage, no allocation timetable for Singapore, and even the lower trim is running out of stock. By the 3rd week, she texted to inform me that very limited units of the higher trim is available for booking.......... And there is also a more powerful engine on offer now

Well it seems like that's what available only at the point in time until new stock was allocated to Singapore... it does happen sometimes... especially for certain less popular car brands... we have not much leverage especially when a particular model or trim is limited for various reasons...

Don't you think we shouldn't always trust the sales person? Maybe they are clearing their existing stock (no moonroof version)....

Isn't it good that we are at an era where consumers have greater avenues to verify information and exchange pointers?

But we're hardly in a position to say if the sales person is right or not since we are not employed by the car dealer and have no privy information...

Yup on top of your paper value

*but some sales person told me it was kind of marketing and sales gimmicks*

Yup, the one I book didn't come with it.

You may check with the sales person about it

Dear Kia Carens Kaki,

I have some Aug'spost-175858-0-36672400-1503157588.jpg Esso voucher ( $5 off for every $50 worth of pump ) to share, PM if u r keen, i will be in seng kang or choa chu kang 

• Praise 1

Hi guys, has anyone booked Carens Diesel recently?

Current promo states from $106,999 (from SGCarmart) - which i suppose is for the EX model. SX model should be 6k higher, so around $112,999? Will take a close look at the car and head down to the showroom.

• Praise 1

Went to the showroom today..

Se says that price may increase next year due to cev tax... Can anyone confirm this. Thanks

Probably yes

The facelift carens ia nice..the smile is nicer now...any good se to intro?

Went to the showroom today..

Se says that price may increase next year due to cev tax... Can anyone confirm this. Thanks

Very unlikely to be selling diesel Caren next year due to VES. Their 2L NA isn't doing well before so I doubt there will be Caren in the market soon. Can wait until Nov/Dec period to see if there are any bargain for left over diesel cars. Same situation affecting cars not meeting Euro 6, so history will repeat again

Edited by EddieTan_121099
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2