Kia Carens 2015: all new 7-seater arrives

yo2020

Test drove the CAREN yesterday. Good pick up, comparable with my current Nissan Latio. Quite nimble with almost full load. 3 adults and 2 kids. 3rd row quite ok for my 8 and 9 years old. Not keen on the Car radio Headunit. The salesman mention that they are working on replacement based on numerous feedback that they received, but will not be so soon. My car coe due in January 2016, so actively looking for a replacement car. Price wise they claim they have the lowest mark up about $7K. My heart is on Nissan X-trail (more than $17k more) but presently the sensible choice will be Kia Caren.

↡ Advertisement

Same feedback from the Salesman about the car radio. I felt in these days, who still use such a system. I frequent Korea. The Korean model is better. Nice tail lamps, Audi look alike, Xenon head lamps, etc.

Hypersonic

Same feedback from the Salesman about the car radio. I felt in these days, who still use such a system. I frequent Korea. The Korean model is better. Nice tail lamps, Audi look alike, Xenon head lamps, etc.

What to do, our OMV system always not flavors full spec car.

If the car came in with all original high spec from factory, OMV will increase and the selling price will be even higher..

• Praise 1

Test drove the CAREN yesterday. Good pick up, comparable with my current Nissan Latio. Quite nimble with almost full load. 3 adults and 2 kids. 3rd row quite ok for my 8 and 9 years old. Not keen on the Car radio Headunit. The salesman mention that they are working on replacement based on numerous feedback that they received, but will not be so soon. My car coe due in January 2016, so actively looking for a replacement car. Price wise they claim they have the lowest mark up about $7K. My heart is on Nissan X-trail (more than $17k more) but presently the sensible choice will be Kia Caren.

for me, it is between Wish and Xtrial. Never try the Caren but should be smaller as compared to Xtrial. Bro-in-law just got his COE for the Xtrial and will be getting his car end of next month. Will be able to get a 'feel' of the car, in terms of pick up, fuel consumption....

• Praise 1

Oh. Xtrail is a 7/8 seater?

Xtrail has smaller 3rd rows seats but I like the features of XTRAIL compare to Carens. Xtrail price just too high for me.

Test drive the Carens, good pick up, but what let me down is the radio head unit, it is not as per the brochures.

Was at Nissan showroom yesterday to look at the XTrail. The second row seat is elevated. Seating at that position with the sun/ moon roof, I must say good feel. Sales lady Jolene was friendly.

Fully agree the 3rd row seat Carens is better off.

I had spoken to the Sales at Kia about the radio and other stuff, seems a deaf ear to them. I'll be travelling to Korea next month to source for the accessories to replace especial the head unit. Any one here has more details to where to find these, please drop me a note.

The Mitsubishi Outlander fair well to space. Side mirror not folderable. However, this is a 2.4L.

Was at Nissan showroom yesterday to look at the XTrail. The second row seat is elevated. Seating at that position with the sun/ moon roof, I must say good feel. Sales lady Jolene was friendly.

Fully agree the 3rd row seat Carens is better off.

I had spoken to the Sales at Kia about the radio and other stuff, seems a deaf ear to them. I'll be travelling to Korea next month to source for the accessories to replace especial the head unit. Any one here has more details to where to find these, please drop me a note.

The Mitsubishi Outlander fair well to space. Side mirror not folderable. However, this is a 2.4L.

Just test drive the Xtrail Nissan Xtrail today at Bukit Timah. Nice dashboard, fully equiped. Yup feel good factor when you sit in the car, pick up not as good as Carens. 3rd row fail for me, my 2 kiddos 8 and 9 years old does not feel comfortable at the last row. We like the moon roof though... giving additional $1000 of as I am Nissan driver. Likely to stick with Caren for now(but radio no go for me), have not test drive the WISH yet.

Neutral Newbie

Will there be facelift for WISH or model change? Price abt 20k diff. For now Caren seems a better choice for me.

• Praise 1

Will there be facelift for WISH or model change? Price abt 20k diff. For now Caren seems a better choice for me.

Dun need to test drive Wish la. Just hop on any Wish taxi and you can feel how it drives already.

You may wish to ignore the severe vibration from the engine and the loud droning sound, CNG is killing the engine fast so never mind that.

Worn wheel bearings is a common thing in every taxi.

Anyway, the JDM Wish BM selling is considered not bad in terms of equipment count liao... at least for a Toyota in SG. It has 6 airbags, VSC/traction control and steering wheel mounted audio switches. And HID headlights. But that's about it liao. You can't even get rear aircon vents nor dual zone climate control

I've test drove it last yr... Its not very powerful no thanks to the CVT and big car with tiny engine syndrome. The 2L option is no longer being imported. And its not very quiet either. Road noise is about the same as my FD1. Which is not a good thing considering the Wish is not a sporty car.

ANd the Wish comes with tiny 15" wheels from BM... The proper 17" option is not there to keep the cost down

• Praise 1

Yes, Wish is more expensive by $20k but if trade in the price I think can be negotiated. The only advantage of Wish is the third row is bigger than Caren and the luggage space is bigger than Caren. Other than these two, all the other things Caren seen more advance. Mazda5 does not have new model. I drove mazda5 for about 10 years and my car can seat 7 adults. My brother in law driving Wish for more than 9 years and last year bought a new Wish as he liked the reliability and the spaces.

Caren is pretty and good and the only weak point is the third row only for children. Mazda5 and Wish are above my budget and Caren third row a bit small and so finally I settled for a 1.6 saloon car instead. At least second row can seat 4 adults - normal adult size.

How much is Carens selling now?

$132,999 for guarantee and $128,999 for non-guarantee.

• Praise 1

(edited)

WISH 20K more expensive than Caren than better stick with Caren. Top 20K Nissan XTRAIL is better option. Just saw the price for wish, abit more u can get KIA Sorento!

Edited by JAILANIMUSA
  • Praise 1

WISH 20K more expensive than Caren than better stick with Caren. Top 20K Nissan XTRAIL is better option. Just saw the price for wish, abit more u can get KIA Sorento!

Actually the Wish drives just like a Altis station wagon, if there's still such a model.... Axio Fielder not counted la.

Its a workhorse with not much refinement no thanks to its dated and simple construction. And typical of Toyotas sold by BM, you loose quite a lot of features while still having to pay top $$ for it.

No hill start, hill decent control, no lane departure warning etc.... The Toyota brand HU is locally fitted and the GUI looks odd. doesn't respond quickly either. And no proper trip computer nor cruise controls.

↡ Advertisement