Kia Carens 2015: all new 7-seater arrives

yo2020

Join the watsapp group or Facebook a got about 30-40 of us changed to led light liao. We exploring hid without modification too now.

Can u PM me the WhatsApp admin number pls? I'm gonna get my Carens soon. Thanks
↡ Advertisement

For Carens DIY. If you need to change the rear brake pad, you will need to buy a Piston Compression Tools.

If you go to Aliexpress with this key words, you will never find it.  There, they called Piston Rewind Tools.

It cost about USD3

post-170907-0-47664200-1553697998_thumb.jpg

Edited by Apple-Tree
  • Praise 1

Hi Cheefarn, the kona 1.0 3 cyl is good if u drive like an ah pek. However if you are not 80 years old and above, give it a miss, floorboard will tremble at 3.5-4k rpm. Additionally the manual has a rubbish clutch and laggy shifts. If i were to buy a korean car, I would only go for stinger or maybe sorento. I reckon that you would want to try it out since i have always been driving at least 4 cyl engines. If you insist on a 3 cyl engine, i suggest you wait for the Vw T-ROC or just get the seat arona which is smoother and more punchy than the korean equivalents.

Chanced upon this comment. I drive a 3 cyclinder 1.0T Skoda octy. It beats a 2.0l standard engine easily for power, fuel and of course road tax. And the best part, it sounds good even on higher rpm and speed. Worth a test drive for those wondering. 

Happy driving!

• Praise 1

Chanced upon this comment. I drive a 3 cyclinder 1.0T Skoda octy. It beats a 2.0l standard engine easily for power, fuel and of course road tax. And the best part, it sounds good even on higher rpm and speed. Worth a test drive for those wondering. 

Happy driving!

It beats a 2.0l standard engine easily for power??

I think the 1.0T TSI only put out 114bhp so more like 1.5 NA territory.

Most 2.0 NA average 140-160 bhp which is quite a lot of difference.

• Praise 1

It beats a 2.0l standard engine easily for power??

I think the 1.0T TSI only put out 114bhp so more like 1.5 NA territory.

Most 2.0 NA average 140-160 bhp which is quite a lot of difference.

Yes many will be surprised. What better to test it than look at numbers. It runs faster than a 2.0 Mazda or Camry for sure. 

I think it's due to the torque coming in fairly early compared to the bigger cars. Once above 100, the big boys will catch up, by then traffic light! ;)

Yes many will be surprised. What better to test it than look at numbers. It runs faster than a 2.0 Mazda or Camry for sure.

I think it's due to the torque coming in fairly early compared to the bigger cars. Once above 100, the big boys will catch up, by then traffic light! ;)

They may not be running with you in the first place?lol...

Or maybe when they know your intention,then they catch up with you?

Drive safe la!别想太多。

• Praise 1

They may not be running with you in the first place?lol...

Or maybe when they know your intention,then they catch up with you?

Drive safe la!å«æ³å¤ªå¤ã

I don't understand this predilection for racing at the traffic lights...
  • Praise 1

I don't understand this predilection for racing at the traffic lights...

This is call 自己幻想自己爽。Lol.....

Agree the torque is high but still only 200 which is around the same as most 2.0L NA, although does come earlier in low rpm range.

If they really gun it not sure you will beat them though, with their additional hp. [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Hi ,  

My buddy's Kia Carens recently have issue with radio. No sound and button cannot be pressed only in Radio mode. 

Anybody faced same issue? 

Also the car is barely 2 years old, but Kia says the headunit is third party and only 1 year warranty! 

If replace, any recommendation to change the headunit? 

Lastly, is there a watsapp group of the owners? Please pm me the number to join. 

Thanks all

• Praise 1