Kia Carens 2015: all new 7-seater arrives

yo2020

Way, good leh, 2.0L NA got 166bhp, 135k only

Wish, mazda5 got strong competitor liao

exactly, I like the NA engine, smoothly and liner power output,

especially for MPV,

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Don they have a 1.6L version for this car? Price it like Altis, can fight with Vezel, QQai.

cannot lah, 1.6L sure underpower for a 7 seat MPV, unless turbo, but turbo got jerking in city driving, not suitable for MPV

Saw the specs of this all new Carens over the weekend. Rather disappointed by the specs level which the model came to our shore. No Xenon lamp. No park asist. No moon roof. Interior colour only black. The selling price is tag at SGD 138K for sure get. At this price, there are others too to choose from with these/ some of these options package into as well. No reverse camera thus no head unit with LCD screen.

A bit of a let down.

ok lah, at least got 6 airbags, don't like some Jap makers only provide 2 airbags,

and got smart key, auto tailgate, auto headlight & rain sensor, LCD screen, reverse sensor, etc

moon roof totally useless in Singapore, I rather 17" rim instead of moon roof

• Praise 1

Korean basher I guess.. confirm that dude is a Toyota or Honda fan boy. The hippo carens is very much reliable as it's running on a timing chain. Requires less maintenance in that aspect already. Plus the specs are better as compared to the older 1.8 and 2.0 litre ones.

Anyway, if it's priced at 110k to 125k.. I would consider.. 130k is too overpriced for a basic one

I drive my carens since new till now at 125k km.

I still have not change any wear n tear parts except brakepad at 80k km which the mechanic tell me still can last another 15k to 20k km.But i just change for safety.

Change one head light bulb which cost me $10 last year.

Orginal wiper last me 4+ years.Now those aftermarket wiper last me 1.5yrs only.

i m going to change my wiper again.

Mine is 2008 model.

• Praise 3

Received invitation to attend preview over the weekend but did not go as no intention to change ride in near future.

Anybody went or visited showroom to view actual unit?

Can't imagine a 2L NA engine can churn out 166bhp, so nobody can complain Kia low tech. And 10.8sec century sprint should put it among the fastest mid-size MPVs, other than those with turbo charge engines. IIrc, previous Carens only has about 135bhp.

• Praise 1

So far, C&C have been selling Kia cars based on reasonable pricing and full specs as their selling point so I expect this to continue with the Carens.

Don't see them selling bare bones cars to bring down the cost unlike some Jap ADs.

My 2 cents and I suppose anything is possible in a tight market, let's see.

• Praise 8

cannot lah, 1.6L sure underpower for a 7 seat MPV, unless turbo, but turbo got jerking in city driving, not suitable for MPV

Well Toyota evidently believed its 1.3 and 1.5L engine can pull 7 adults along... so 1.6L not bad liao wor

The Avanza delivery van with rear windows was once offered in 1.3L E model and a 4AT!

But I'm sure Kia won't stoop so low like Toyota and throw out rubbish models for SE Asian markets and people are still Q-ing up for them!

Having said that, it would be great if the new Carens can be had with the 250hp 2L Nu Turbo GDI. That would be the kind of MPV people wants

• Praise 3

Well Toyota evidently believed its 1.3 and 1.5L engine can pull 7 adults along... so 1.6L not bad liao wor

The Avanza delivery van with rear windows was once offered in 1.3L E model and a 4AT!

But I'm sure Kia won't stoop so low like Toyota and throw out rubbish models for SE Asian markets and people are still Q-ing up for them!

Having said that, it would be great if the new Carens can be had with the 250hp 2L Nu Turbo GDI. That would be the kind of MPV people wants

read from somewhere Hyundai/Kia 2.0L Turbo got overheat problem in U.S,

so Singapore definitely dare not import because weather even hotter than U.S

• Praise 1

Strange, u are the one who claim that the running and maintenance costs of New Carens are high as compared to the 3 cars mentioned and yet now u are asking me if the New Carens has improved in its reliability and running cost. Shouldn't u have the proof that it is unreliable and has high running costs before alluding that both the running and maintenance costs are high comparing with other cars? [:|]

Anyway to each its own.

Nice counter :)

• Praise 1

read from somewhere Hyundai/Kia 2.0L Turbo got overheat problem in U.S,

so Singapore definitely dare not import because weather even hotter than U.S

Izzit? Arizona, Nevada desert temp often shoot past 40c... yet US markets Optima and Sonata 2L Turbo run just fine over there.. LOL

Went to view the Carens over the weekend. Previously owned 2 Korean cars that gave me no problems. The build quality of KIA had scaled higher, very evident from the Carens and the other KIA models in showroom. The engine warranty is now 10 years to match the coverage in the US market. 3 years free servicing include engine oil and parts and labour as I was told by the sales consultant.

Tempted to go back to Korean when my current conti is due and hopefully COE gets 'friendlier' when nearing.

• Praise 1

Received invitation to attend preview over the weekend but did not go as no intention to change ride in near future.

Anybody went or visited showroom to view actual unit?

Can't imagine a 2L NA engine can churn out 166bhp, so nobody can complain Kia low tech. And 10.8sec century sprint should put it among the fastest mid-size MPVs, other than those with turbo charge engines. IIrc, previous Carens only has about 135bhp.

Actually this 2L Nu GDI can offer up to 178hp. The Hyundai i40 wagon 2L GDI uses this engine as well. And it offers 178hp in Euro 5 tune.

Prob hp dropped to 166 due to tighter engine bay area and hence more restrictive intake setup...

Nonetheless its still outstanding power o/p considering what Toyota can only offer these days... LOL Still trying to sell using 15 year old engine tech and even older 4AT... LOL

• Praise 1

Friends,

I used to drive a Hyundai Excel & Elantra long time ago. Korean car still have not move up with times. The left passenger side mirror is still the same old "flat" mirror when I had my Elantra back in the 1990s. I sat in this Carens many times during my frequent trips to Korea Seoul. They use this model as taxis, running on LPG. I agree, this is a comfortable car but .... Must follow up with the modern time. The average price for this car is about USD30K, 1.6 Diesel. A no frills MPV.

On good tip for all Korean fans, buy spare parts in Korea. Cheap and original. They are found almost everywhere.

• Praise 1

Friends,

I used to drive a Hyundai Excel & Elantra long time ago. Korean car still have not move up with times. The left passenger side mirror is still the same old "flat" mirror when I had my Elantra back in the 1990s. I sat in this Carens many times during my frequent trips to Korea Seoul. They use this model as taxis, running on LPG. I agree, this is a comfortable car but .... Must follow up with the modern time. The average price for this car is about USD30K, 1.6 Diesel. A no frills MPV.

On good tip for all Korean fans, buy spare parts in Korea. Cheap and original. They are found almost everywhere.

Go Korea to buy the parts or can buy online and they ship to home, like Amazon?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1