Interesting car - SBB 8181 Z

SBB ... plate is registered in 1985. 30 years old VRN.

I remember becos my first car has the same VRN ... quite nice plate as well SBB5252 .... it was too difficult to keep the plate in the old days as I cannot afford a new car then.

Last time if you retain car number, can only registered to a new car. So indeed quite difficult to keep, but last time new car also not say very expensive lah. Lol.

Anyway, you have killed a nice car plate number! I like SBB this combination. Last time when i want buy used car, came across this car with a SBC car plate, but in the end didn't buy cause the car was manual! Now quite regretted missed such an old VRN!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Last time if you retain car number, can only registered to a new car. So indeed quite difficult to keep, but last time new car also not say very expensive lah. Lol.

Anyway, you have killed a nice car plate number! I like SBB this combination. Last time when i want buy used car, came across this car with a SBC car plate, but in the end didn't buy cause the car was manual! Now quite regretted missed such an old VRN!

When you were on your first job .... even 45k was a big amount.

Went to Champion Motor then to look at the Suzuki Swift Notchback ... but they did not want to take in my car. Otherwise I would have keep the VRN ...since ... my VRNs were ... SBF,SBN,SCF,SCN,SFS,SJJ ... got lucky with the SJJ plate and did the number retention since.

Edited by Civic6228
  • Praise 1

This car owner paid $65k to renew his car until 2023, by then his car already 38 year old!

how to renew coe for so long? I tot max is 20 yr must bye bye already?

The longer you keep the VRN, the more unique it becomes, regardless the number nice or not. Sometimes I saw those very old VRN, but number not say very nice but due to the super old VRN, the plate still stand out.

• Praise 1

This car owner paid $65k to renew his car until 2023, by then his car already 38 year old!

by then, will be able to convert to classic car scheme even if COE prices are astronomical.

hopefully this means it's here to stay on our roads.

by then, will be able to convert to classic car scheme even if COE prices are astronomical.

Classic car scheme will make the car spoil very fast.

Classic car scheme will make the car spoil very fast.

I know... must ration the 28 days properly lor. Once every 2 weeks.

Or just drive to Malaysia and avoid everything :D probably won't even attract attention up there because there're still many E28s running around.

Max 20 years is for commercial vehicles only.

Private cars can keep on renewing COE, but only in chunks of 10 years.

If you renew only 5 years, you must scrap the car at the end of the 5 years.

how to renew coe for so long? I tot max is 20 yr must bye bye already?

What is the maximum lifespan that a car can renewed its coe? U mean after the car reached 40 year old, the car must convert to classic car scheme?

What is the maximum lifespan that a car can renewed its coe? U mean after the car reached 40 year old, the car must convert to classic car scheme?

there is no maximum lifespan. if the car can still pass inspection, you can keep it on normal plate forever.

classic car scheme is just something that becomes available after year 35 to reduce the cost of keeping it. once converted, cannot convert back to normal plate. but it'll also greatly reduce the cost, at 10% COE (if i recall correctly) and minimal road tax.

↡ Advertisement