New Ford Mondeo

Suhaimiebrahim

HI ALL BROS,

THE NEW MONDEO LOOK STUNNING AND HAS THE ASTON MARTIN LOOK....BUT ANYONE TEST DRIVE THIS RIDE BEFORE? [gossip]

Edited by Suhaimiebrahim
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

The previous Mondeo shares platform and engine/transmission with Wowo S80, the new model probably has carried over platform too.

I have never owned a Ford B4. Anyone can comment on reliability and repair/service costs?

• Praise 1

The previous Mondeo shares platform and engine/transmission with Wowo S80, the new model probably has carried over platform too.

I have never owned a Ford B4. Anyone can comment on reliability and repair/service costs?

from experience, its relatively reliable compared to the French and VW.

Parts not cheap due to lack of availability. Some parts are shared with volvo, e.g. powershift transmission.

Solid car and nice drive. Lack image.

• Praise 1

I always thought the Ford Mondeo is a very handsome looking car and the latest model is looks even better imho

Ford-Mondeo-2015-Preis-1200x800-cdc6511f

• Praise 2

i test drove the car. it handles well, relatively powerful and has some nice gadgets inside as well. i liked the look of this car, but doesn't seem like many others think so.

my wife prefers a smaller car so had to pass on it.

i m not sure why it is not selling well, but gotta say, the new hyundai sonata has some resemblance to it.

i read that at the bottom 2 months back, a bro managed to get an offer at 154k for mondeo. hyundai sonata was offered at 121,999 for non sun roof version then.

HI ALL BROS,

THE NEW MONDEO LOOK STUNNING AND HAS THE ASTON MARTIN LOOK....BUT ANYONE TEST DRIVE THIS RIDE BEFORE? [gossip]

• Praise 2

i test drove the car. it handles well, relatively powerful and has some nice gadgets inside as well. i liked the look of this car, but doesn't seem like many others think so.

i m not sure why it is not selling well, but gotta say, the new hyundai sonata has some resemblance to it.

That's because most people in SG have been thought to work like herds. Go with what you like - but too bad it's too big for wifey.

I owned a Mondeo new back in 1998 - the one with a oval grille and liked it a lot.

• Praise 1

i read that at the bottom 2 months back, a bro managed to get an offer at 154k for mondeo. hyundai sonata was offered at 121,999 for non sun roof version then.

It's not same class with sonata, it's for those whoever cannot afford Q50, VW cc, S80, A6, but they want enjoy conti cars handle, performance, space, feature etc,

Cheapest conti cars

• Praise 1

Saw it on PIE earlier today. Very stylish and handsome car, was in black colour. Really got very good road presence.

This 2.0T is not the ecoboost anymore?

• Praise 1

still the same engine as predecessor. should be 2l ecoboost.

Saw it on PIE earlier today. Very stylish and handsome car, was in black colour. Really got very good road presence.

This 2.0T is not the ecoboost anymore?

• Praise 1

agree on that for sure. what i mean is sonata's slight resemblance may have put pple off mondeo, but dun think so lah. in general i m not sure ford has been experiencing declining sales since there were many previous owners of focus and mondeo.

for mondeo, pple should compare with Q50 where prices are actually pretty close? can't really say can't afford coz if can buy >160k car, i think 180k+ for S80 and A6 is not that much diff?

It's not same class with sonata, it's for those whoever cannot afford Q50, VW cc, S80, A6, but they want enjoy conti cars handle, performance, space, feature etc,
Cheapest conti cars

as my nick suggests, ended up with a subaru forester XT, has the power and handling, has the height and shorter length/width that my wife wants.

That's because most people in SG have been thought to work like herds. Go with what you like - but too bad it's too big for wifey.

I owned a Mondeo new back in 1998 - the one with a oval grille and liked it a lot.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Anyone been to Regent to find out what their cover and hidden specs are? Since the Mondeo price is pretty competitive I'm considering.

Also family feels Ford doesn't have resale value. Previous Ford owners got any advisement on that?

Edited by 7hm
  • Praise 1

Anyone been to Regent to find out what their cover and hidden specs are? Since the Mondeo price is pretty competitive I'm considering.

Also family feels Ford doesn't have resale value. Previous Ford owners got any advisement on that?

check if its Titanium model... if it is, it should be the highest spec already

in singapore, there are only 2 cars with superior resale value - Mercedes and Toyota.

BMW and Honda are next, ... all the others are about the same.

just got the mondeo brochure although i did not visit the showroom.

it's turbo charged @ 240ponies and 345Nm. they have a 5 dr with moon roof and 4 door with sunroof. plenty of features too.

about $168k after discount (as told to me).

i think it is worth taking a look at the car. :-)

• Praise 1

agree on that for sure. what i mean is sonata's slight resemblance may have put pple off mondeo, but dun think so lah. in general i m not sure ford has been experiencing declining sales since there were many previous owners of focus and Mondeo.

I actually thought it looked too much like a Kia K5 except for the AM front end. The rear is almost identical, and the same from the side.

I tested the Mondeo then 30min later put money down on a Q50. The Q50 has better equipment, better seats, Real Wheel Drive (meaning no Torque Steer like on the Mondeo), higher OMV and, from a personal point of view, a better name under Infiniti than Ford.

• Praise 1

I owned it (Mondeo 2L) till coe almost mati.(last year- so it lived with me for almost 10 years!) ... was quite reliable.... treated me well.... after 5th year warranty send it to one of the workshops in Bukit Merah(weng Fatt i think so)... much cheaper than Agent and buy the parts yourself from one of the stockist in Desker Road area; never paid more than $500 ever for service + parts....except last one year the hand brake (cannot pull up or engage) calliper give some problems but the mechanic just adjust here and there ... good till deliver back for scrapping, I guess

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

How is FC with the 240hp EcoBoost on the previous gen? I just read an article the other day saying Ford got sued for lousy FC in EcoBoosts...

↡ Advertisement