New Ford Mondeo

Suhaimiebrahim

hello, i'm new here. Been driving the 1.5l mondeo for a year now. No complaints compared to my previous nissan sunny, haha. Thinking of how to change aesthetically. Have already done the rims. Any suggestion?

How is the touch-screen? Any lagging experience?

I think this model is considered fully done up, no need much modification. Perhaps the best modification is to have a chiobu sitting beside you. Haha.  [drivingcar]  [laugh]

I think this model is considered fully done up, no need much modification. Perhaps the best modification is to have a chiobu sitting beside you. Haha.  [drivingcar]  [laugh]

the touch screen kinda slow, cannot expect to respond like our smart phone. Like the fast back kind of look of the car, Just thought wanna add something subtle. But workshops that modify ford are rare, if not none. haha

Does anyone know why there is only the option of beige leather....

i got mine a year ago. Leather was locally fitted. Back then i had a few options, beige, grey, dark grey, black and dark red (+200). Chose black.

Thinking back, should have paid 200 and get the dark red. whats 200 compared to the cost of the car?? ha!

Cos the beige option is some special ceramic don't know what... it's special... very soft and pliable... but not very lasting...

I think this model is considered fully done up, no need much modification. Perhaps the best modification is to have a chiobu sitting beside you. Haha. [drivingcar][laugh]

Actually the new sync 3 was pretty fast and responsive when I tried it in the demo. Supporting Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. The car is very well spec. Edited by Rcaero

hello, i'm new here. Been driving the 1.5l mondeo for a year now. No complaints compared to my previous nissan sunny, haha. Thinking of how to change aesthetically. Have already done the rims. Any suggestion?

The car is already very handsome. I don't think it is necessary to dress it up.
  • Praise 1

The beige and the stitching is original from factory and I believe it is on all the 2.0L. I was offered to change all to grey after waiting sometime for the replacement of the front driver seat leather but I held on for the same colour. It is just that much more classy. Anyway, the end is near and hope to be able to change the front seat leather to original beige soon now that Ford has finally worked out the part order numbers. 

Hi all Bros,

Need some advise. Will be collecting my Mondeo soon and looking for dash cam (Front&back).

31931633283_3e1c592dbd_m.jpg

I was thinking of thinkware F770. But it seem that the Lane departure camera is blocking the way for the front camera to be installed.

For Bros who are driving MK V, 1) do you still have space for Front camera to be installed just above the lane departure camera? If not, what is your recommended brand of camera for that given space?

As mine is a hatch back, 2) for the rear camera, Is there any way for the wire to be run & concealed such that when the trunk is lifted up, you will not see wire dangling across the top of rear boot & the rear window?    

Thank you :-)

cheers.

Turbocharged

Hi all Bros,

Need some advise. Will be collecting my Mondeo soon and looking for dash cam (Front&back).

31931633283_3e1c592dbd_m.jpg

I was thinking of thinkware F770. But it seem that the Lane departure camera is blocking the way for the front camera to be installed.

For Bros who are driving MK V, 1) do you still have space for Front camera to be installed just above the lane departure camera? If not, what is your recommended brand of camera for that given space?

Mine is attached to the glass under that black shroud you see there, so I suggest you just do the same. It'll be mounted lower than you might expect, but I don't see any problem with that. The other option is to mount it to the side.

Welcome to the relatively exclusive club!

Mine is attached to the glass under that black shroud you see there, so I suggest you just do the same. It'll be mounted lower than you might expect, but I don't see any problem with that. The other option is to mount it to the side.

Welcome to the relatively exclusive club!

I see. Yup the black shroud seems to have some allowance there. Thank you 7hm. :-) 

Turbocharged

I see. Yup the black shroud seems to have some allowance there. Thank you 7hm. :-) 

If you're feeling adventurous, you can try to mount on the black shroud itself.  [idea]

But that probably requires proper mounting tape.

If you want though I can provide a sample image of how mine is mounted. 

If you're feeling adventurous, you can try to mount on the black shroud itself. [idea]

But that probably requires proper mounting tape.

If you want though I can provide a sample image of how mine is mounted.

Oh yes pls. Very much like to take a look at how u mount it. How's the rear camera mounted? Thanks 7hm.

Turbocharged

Oh yes pls. Very much like to take a look at how u mount it. How's the rear camera mounted? Thanks 7hm.

Were you able to get yours mounted?

here's my front cam:

VzXPCUZ.png

My rear cam is just mounted at the top of the rear window. Mine is the sedan version so I'm not sure how to help you with the hatchback concern.

Neutral Newbie

In-house insurance is by MSIG. Authorised repairer is Regent. So not too bad. Quote was reasonable and claim was prompt too.

For servicing, it's not too costly - quite similar to other B&B authorised dealers. To save more, BYO lub oil and spark plugs (both can be bought cheaply from Amazon). BTW, Regent's spark plug price is crazy - $155 for a set of 4 normal plugs that last only 20,000 km! A set of 4 Iridium plugs from Amazon is only USD40 and can run up to 40,000 km.

Mr. Tyongchi,

Please PM me. Mondeo owner to be soon..

Neutral Newbie

i remember they were like that too at Regent, even with appt done in advance [ they should not make customer wait longer than 2 hours max for basic oil change and even brake changes   ; I dont know why they even give refreshments like simple coffee/drink machines with some cakes/ biscuits  ; they must give lunch and dinner packs if it takes so long ; I immediately started sending to outside workshop the minute my car hit 5 years warranty period and everything done within 2 hours in Bukit Merah location last time (just about 2km from Regent or even nearer) 

Mr. BanCoe,

Please PM me... gonna be a Mondeo owner soon.. Thanks

Mr. BanCoe,

Please PM me... gonna be a Mondeo owner soon.. Thanks

Hi Mr PTR

I gave up my Mondeo already like now 3 years back;  I have thrown away all the Invoices/contact etc but I have is one contact whom used to deal in Ford spares which is 95 Desker Road tel: 62949441 (i dont know the company name as I put it in my mobile as Ford Spares; just go to him and ask him who can repair or service Ford Cars and I am very sure he will help you get the contacts; I remember one was in Bt Merah and the other was in Sin Ming ... cant remember the exact name but was something like..... A&J  (this one started out later on towards last 5-6 years back and was a JV between  a chinese and indian guy in a small sharing basis unit there ; Maybe other bros here can contribute some inputs hopefully.      

↡ Advertisement