New Ford Mondeo

Suhaimiebrahim

(edited)

y u so nice never go back bang table hard hard?

I guess it my own fault for being slipshod with the paper trail...and at this point in time since I have no proof  I felt there wasn't any point to bang any tables anyway....Let this be a lesson to the existing owners who still have warranty - ensure there is paper work if there are any parts changed

Edited by Cheong72
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Hypersonic
(edited)

Those 2 guys in Sin Ming??  ; Is it one an Indian and another a Chinese using or rather sharing someone else workshop; I went to them a long time back for my Mondeo (about 6 years back) they were ex- Ford staff

Kind of not so nice news to hear that Regent can do such low down activities (like patch up) instead of fixing/ replacing the fault ; You should just go over to them and ask them why is it like this the situation

If this happened in US, and if found the Consumer Rights people will screw the Company; But anyway can just tell them off that you will be bringing them to task (CASE) just say say only ; They should be able to give you duplicate reciepts of previous repairs....etc and they do carry a warranty still (if its the same part)  and tell them that outside workshop says otherwise     

I guess it my own fault for being slipshod with the paper trail...and at this point in time since I have no proof  I felt there wasn't any point to bang any tables anyway....Let this be a lesson to the existing owners who still have warranty - ensure there is paper work if there are any parts changed

Edited by BanCoe

(edited)

Those 2 guys in Sin Ming??  ; Is it one an Indian and another a Chinese using or rather sharing someone else workshop; I went to them a long time back for my Mondeo (about 6 years back) they were ex- Ford staff

Kind of not so nice news to hear that Regent can do such low down activities (like patch up) instead of fixing/ replacing the fault ; You should just go over to them and ask them why is it like this the situation

If this happened in US, and if found the Consumer Rights people will screw the Company; But anyway can just tell them off that you will be bringing them to task (CASE) just say say only ; They should be able to give you duplicate reciepts of previous repairs....etc and they do carry a warranty still (if its the same part)  and tell them that outside workshop says otherwise     

I dunno, I went to this shop called Allen Motor.

I don't have physical proof that they 'replaced' the steer pump. Its not written in the service chit and not in their system. The previous time was just  a phone conversation (which I didn't record) and a watsapp msg (which I have deleted already). Bring to CASE is useless also I think. And the Svc Advisor also did tell me, even if they did change in Dec 2017 and if my 5 year warranty is up on Mar 2018, the part replaced will also be not under warranty anymore after Mar 2018....Aiyah....sua lah.....

I just wanted to give a heads up to the rest to be a bit more cautious when dealing with them that's all. Also to let the rest know that for this part, it doesn't mean got a bit of leak and whining sound must straightaway change the steering pump (its not cheap leh). Can try topping up the fluid and monitor see first.

Edited by Cheong72
  • Praise 1

2019 Ford Mondeo facelift model

https://www.caradvice.com.au/718069/2019-ford-mondeo-facelift-unveiled/

ford-mondeo-wagon-facelift-front_zxfo3u.

The facelifted Ford Mondeo have been unveiled at the 2019 Brussels motor show in Belgium.

Subtle is probably the best way of describing this update. Up front all models gain a new front bumper, which visually joins together the lower air intake and fog light pods for a slightly sportier design.

Depending on the trim and model there's also new grille inserts and alloy wheel designs to marvel at.

ford-mondeo-hatch-facelift-rear_u4crou.j

Out the back, the sedan, hatch and wagon models now feature a chrome bar linking and bisecting the two sets of tail-lights, like the one we spotted on the MY2018.75 wagon.

Unlike the related Fusion sedan sold in North America, the European Mondeo sticks with the same headlight shape as the pre-facelift model.

The changes beneath the skin are more substantial, with the Mondeo now available with the company's eight-speed automatic transmission.

Other new features include adaptive cruise control with stop and go functionality, and an intelligent speed limiter tied into the traffic sign recognition system.

ford-mondeo-facelift-interior_toi0gp.jpg

An 8.0-inch touchscreen for the latest Sync 3 infotainment system, as well as Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone mirroring, is also available.

In Europe the Mondeo wagon will now be available with a hybrid drivetrain. The hybrid drivetrain makes a total of 138kW of power, and features a 2.0-litre Atkinson-cycle petrol engine, an electric motor, and a 1.4kWh lithium-ion battery pack.

The company expects hybrid models to account for half of all Mondeo sales.

Ford's latest 2.0-litre EcoBlue turbo-diesel engine replaces the current car's 2.0-litre TDCi mill, and will be available in 110kW and 140kW versions.

ford-mondeo-hatch-facelift-front_bujt3q.

Hi guys, not seen an update in this chat recently.

For the 2.0 Ecoboost MK5 Mondeo owners, any updates on how the car has been holding up? I'm a little tired of my existing car so thought i'd take a look at the market. Came across the Mondeo that's quite reasonably priced and ticks a fair bit of my checklist so thought i'd check it out.

Any notes on the reliability and quirks? Regent was doing fairly well previously in 2016/2017 but from 2018 onwards seems to dropped off the radar completely? Hardly bring in reasonable cars that will appeal to the market. What has happened to them?

17 hours ago, Mercur1al said:

For the 2.0 Ecoboost MK5 Mondeo owners, any updates on how the car has been holding up? I'm a little tired of my existing car so thought i'd take a look at the market. Came across the Mondeo that's quite reasonably priced and ticks a fair bit of my checklist so thought i'd check it out.

Any notes on the reliability and quirks? Regent was doing fairly well previously in 2016/2017 but from 2018 onwards seems to dropped off the radar completely? Hardly bring in reasonable cars that will appeal to the market. What has happened to them?

Ford stopped making sedans... that's what happened... and decided to sell only cross-overs and trucks...

Turbocharged
On 8/17/2021 at 2:19 PM, Mercur1al said:

Oh hey, long time since I've been here. I forgot about everything. 😅

Mine has been reliable, practically flawless. Only problems off the top of my head have been:
Musty smell in air-conditioning within the first few months, but could be attributed to extreme haze conditions
Short lifespan of the OEM battery (~15 months at best, but I got around 22~26 months with a larger capacity Varta silver)
Brake pedal detection switch got busted at some point and left the car stuck in brakes on state
Brake hose got broken during a trip up north. Could have been due to something striking undercarriage however.
Just had the left D-pad on the steering wheel replaced. It was having difficulty pressing >

Nothing I've had with it has been "ruined the experience" or meant complete downtime, apart from the brake hose and pedal switch. The engine, suspension, etc., are all reliable and there have been no electronic failures.

I'm in a rush right now so here's the most obvious quirks I can think of:
SYNC 2 is very outdated right now and has no support for latest phone features. But it'll take phone calls, display messages and etc. perfectly fine, but you can't accept/reject VoIP calls (e.g. whatsapp, LINE) from the car buttons, the Bluetooth connection can sometimes fail to connect, but could be a bug with my devices
Auto air-con mode seems to not really have tunnel detection.
Wipers have opposing directions. I like this. But the blades are larger (26~28 inches)
Rear brake pads wore down faster for me. In all my years with it I've finally replaced the pads for the first time, but the rear pads went faster, surprisingly.
On occasion the warning tone for the forward collision detection will glitch - the alarm occurs for the sound is broken up.
When the battery is low or on other random occasions the car will fallback to its "basic" sound set for alert tones instead of the "pleasant" version you're supposed to hear.
The Trip Computer has an overflow bug or other sort of problem for Trip 1/2 records, it spills over after a certain point (I guesstimate around 4800km) and restarts the distance display. Very weird.
The car has a battery state awareness of some kind and will vary/limit the sleep-time for the 12V sockets accordingly. However there is no way to control the timer yourself and if you have things permanently plugged into them they will stay on for at least a certain amount of time if your battery is healthy
The headlights are aimed relatively high. I think they're fine personally but you might not. The Left/Right hand drive mode for the adaptive headlights has a level angle difference as well for some weird reason.
On occasion the parking sensors get triggered when there doesn't seem to be anything there. Maybe they even react to exhaust from buses. Haha.

I'll be back shortly with more thoughts when I can.

In regards to Regent Motors they've been the worst part of the experience. Service is just "adequate" at best despite their premium pricing and their work is nothing to write home about. They've never been able to give me any software updates either despite me demanding and paying for one.
I just want the improved trip computer fuel economy display, gosh darn it.
The repairs for the brake hose took thrice as long as expected, and the job wasn't done properly three times, and I was given no courtesy car.
I love the car. I hate the dealer.

I've asked about their future a few times but the last I'd heard was they had been trying to negotiate the newer models but they don't pass local emissions tests and will be placed in a worse CEVS band. I suspect it's due to non-carbon emissions. Ford engines aren't the best in terms of that.
It's a pity since the latest Focus, Kuga and Puma are all excellent cars.

On 8/18/2021 at 7:29 AM, teomingern said:

Ford stopped making sedans... that's what happened... and decided to sell only cross-overs and trucks...

That's true of the American division of Ford, Ford Europe, which is where our cars come from, still markets the Focus, but as with everyone else they have shifted focus to "utility" vehicles. The Mondeo has no future for now, apart from perhaps returning as yet another plastic-clad family crossover. Take the wagon, jack it up a little, put some black trim and there you go. Mondeo Active. The Focus Active exists, so... yeah.

• Praise 2

35 minutes ago, 7hm said:

Oh hey, long time since I've been here. I forgot about everything. 😅

Mine has been reliable, practically flawless. Only problems off the top of my head have been:
Musty smell in air-conditioning within the first few months, but could be attributed to extreme haze conditions
Short lifespan of the OEM battery (~15 months at best, but I got around 22~26 months with a larger capacity Varta silver)
Brake pedal detection switch got busted at some point and left the car stuck in brakes on state
Brake hose got broken during a trip up north. Could have been due to something striking undercarriage however.
Just had the left D-pad on the steering wheel replaced. It was having difficulty pressing >

Nothing I've had with it has been "ruined the experience" or meant complete downtime, apart from the brake hose and pedal switch. The engine, suspension, etc., are all reliable and there have been no electronic failures.

n regards to Regent Motors they've been the worst part of the experience. Service is just "adequate" at best despite their premium pricing and their work is nothing to write home about. They've never been able to give me any software updates either despite me demanding and paying for one.
I just want the improved trip computer fuel economy display, gosh darn it.
The repairs for the brake hose took thrice as long as expected, and the job wasn't done properly three times, and I was given no courtesy car.
I love the car. I hate the dealer.

its a good car - my 10 year experience - no major costs apart small ones below $200-$300 range, used to buy the parts from a Veerasamy Road shop fella and just sent to some Ah Beng workshop in Redhill area cost about $200-$300 only (only serviced with Regent for 3 or 5 years - cant remember now, always got silly charges), Last went to their showroom about 8 years to see the Mondeo again to give support ........ damn teruk lah the car .....lousy overtrade ... ... no rear AC also when even 1.5-1.6L korean cars had them already back then; Even the showroom like damn dingy apart from the  Mustang's

I think they have even outsouced the servicing to a private company.... Vantage something...... which also does Peugeots (back then ....... dunno the latest now)   

Back then about 10 years plus Regent also got quite a big contract to supply MINDEF with the jeep like ATR vehicles and they used to lease out lots of thier cars to rental companies

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, BanCoe said:

its a good car - my 10 year experience - no major costs apart small ones below $200-$300 range, used to buy the parts from a Veerasamy Road shop fella and just sent to some Ah Beng workshop in Redhill area cost about $200-$300 only (only serviced with Regent for 3 or 5 years - cant remember now, always got silly charges), Last went to their showroom about 8 years to see the Mondeo again to give support ........ damn teruk lah the car .....lousy overtrade ... ... no rear AC also when even 1.5-1.6L korean cars had them already back then; Even the showroom like damn dingy apart from the  Mustang's

I think they have even outsouced the servicing to a private company.... Vantage something...... which also does Peugeots (back then ....... dunno the latest now)   

Back then about 10 years plus Regent also got quite a big contract to supply MINDEF with the jeep like ATR vehicles and they used to lease out lots of thier cars to rental companies

Regent is a Division of Vantage Automotive which is in turn a part of the Sime Darby Group, hence why some BMW services (such as grooming) go to the Vantage Automotive Centre. Peugeot's AD is Autofrance, which, bing bing, is a division of Vantage Automotive, hence why RM/Af all operate in the same building and basically you might as well just consider the whole thing "Vantage Automotive" instead of distinguishing between RM/Af/VA.
So servicing is under RM which is under VA and so on.
Currently now the former RM showroom on the ground floor left side of the entrance is now Vantage Preowned (I'm guessing mostly cars traded in... especially to BMW... that didn't wind up at PPSL select). The Ford showroom, if it's even still actually there, is now on the upper floor, which was once a collection area or occasionally an event room, though if they have anything on display it would only be Ranger and Mustang.

Which Mondeo did you see at the time? I have rear air-con vents in the Mk5 and I believe Mk4 would have had rear air-con vents.

To my awareness, RM/Vantage ops for Ford are now focusing on fleet/B2B, including government/civil service vehicles since the civil services still use a number of Ford special-utility vehicles as well as the small squad of civil defense Focus wagons.

Personally I can't recommend the Mk5 Mondeo enough, it's still a premium experience for merely a middle class price and packing many goodies that have taken half a decade to stop being scarce. I'll try to answer whatever question you might have about the car itself. @Mercur1al
The deal I got from RM was... subpar, but the car itself was worth it, I think. Naturally though the rarity and lack of recognition for the nameplate though means that value mostly sits with me 😂

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, 7hm said:

Regent is a Division of Vantage Automotive which is in turn a part of the Sime Darby Group, hence why some BMW services (such as grooming) go to the Vantage Automotive Centre. Peugeot's AD is Autofrance, which, bing bing, is a division of Vantage Automotive, hence why RM/Af all operate in the same building and basically you might as well just consider the whole thing "Vantage Automotive" instead of distinguishing between RM/Af/VA.
So servicing is under RM which is under VA and so on.
Currently now the former RM showroom on the ground floor left side of the entrance is now Vantage Preowned (I'm guessing mostly cars traded in... especially to BMW... that didn't wind up at PPSL select). The Ford showroom, if it's even still actually there, is now on the upper floor, which was once a collection area or occasionally an event room, though if they have anything on display it would only be Ranger and Mustang.

Which Mondeo did you see at the time? I have rear air-con vents in the Mk5 and I believe Mk4 would have had rear air-con vents.

To my awareness, RM/Vantage ops for Ford are now focusing on fleet/B2B, including government/civil service vehicles since the civil services still use a number of Ford special-utility vehicles as well as the small squad of civil defense Focus wagons.

Personally I can't recommend the Mk5 Mondeo enough, it's still a premium experience for merely a middle class price and packing many goodies that have taken half a decade to stop being scarce. I'll try to answer whatever question you might have about the car itself. @Mercur1al
The deal I got from RM was... subpar, but the car itself was worth it, I think. Naturally though the rarity and lack of recognition for the nameplate though means that value mostly sits with me 😂

Can’t remember the exact model I saw but it was about 7-8 years back …… Lost hope n confidence in Ford after that , even a friend of mine bought the Kuga ( good car) but sold it off last year after using it for only 3 + years ( scared sekali cannot get spares ) ……. Ford lost charm and excitement….. and in doing so losing market share for lack of new models 

@7hm Almost same here with me. I've had mine since August 2015, so its 6 full years of excellent performance. Nothing major except for the fuel pump issue which was replaced twice under warranty but no problem since then. Same brake detection disk broke immediately past midnight on Lunar New Year 2020 which lit up the whole carpark red. Again had it fixed under warranty but it delayed my trip into Malaysia. Already clocked up 170k plus on the odometer, it would have been closer to 200k if not for the border closure. I still get my service done religiously at Regent. Pay more but they go through their checklist. Its important to me since I drive outstation so much. I don't ever need to do anything myself except get the tires I want and top up windshield wiper cleaner fluid.

So, yes, I am extremely happy with the car and will likely extend it's life when the COE is up. Too bad Ford decided in 2019 to stop making the family sedan worldwide since the market is preferring the SUV body shape. You can watch Grand Tour Season 3 final or one of the last episodes which explains this.Tech-wise, I am still getting connected via bluetooth to Sync 2 using my latest smartphone, so it's still working the same as the day I bought it.

Hi all bros,

Does anybody know of any workshop that can replace the original Ford Mondeo MK5 reverse camera? Mine is 2015, the newer face lifted model. My Reverse camera is intermittent (sometime have and most time when gear is put on reverse, camera is not working) and the screen prompt says is unavailable and please contact your dealership.

I know of Allen workshop in Sin Ming - no stock at the moment. Regent motor charge $1k plus to replace + $120 for troubleshooting.

Any advise is appreciated and even not original one but it can work on MK5 is fine too.

Thank you everyone.

35 minutes ago, Charles_sgcarmart said:

Hi all bros,

Does anybody know of any workshop that can replace the original Ford Mondeo MK5 reverse camera? Mine is 2015, the newer face lifted model. My Reverse camera is intermittent (sometime have and most time when gear is put on reverse, camera is not working) and the screen prompt says is unavailable and please contact your dealership.

I know of Allen workshop in Sin Ming - no stock at the moment. Regent motor charge $1k plus to replace + $120 for troubleshooting.

Any advise is appreciated and even not original one but it can work on MK5 is fine too.

Thank you everyone.

Intermittent likely due to loose connection. Camera itself should be 100% working or 0% working.  Try checking for loose connectors or shorted wires first either near the camera of maybe near the head unit.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1