yo2020

2v8n5lf.jpg

so, with

44% more Cat A,

28% more Cat B,

100% more Cat C,

14% more Cat D &

54% more Cat E

frm jz 2 wks later (!!), will all AD continue to bid aggressively this round?? :o[sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

depend on respective AD backlog and current order book that they need to fill

especially for conti AD ... if they have order to fill they have to bid for COE

bmw will fight with merc with fight with vw/audi

japanese and korean AD will have to play along

backlog (previous promo all cleared already?) + newly received order (not fill yet) + new order for the weekend

Why should they? If they bid lower, can make more profit leh...

Edited by Wt_know

prices will finally take a breather in the next bidding April

after that AD will have to plan their bidding strategy

Much will depend on the no of new bookings in the coming weeks and the backlog

Toyota may start the initiative again by lowering prices to attract the next rush for coes.

2v8n5lf.jpg

so, with

44% more Cat A,

28% more Cat B,

100% more Cat C,

14% more Cat D &

54% more Cat E

frm jz 2 wks later (!!), will all AD continue to bid aggressively this round?? :o[sweatdrop]

• Praise 3

I Just walked pass some car dealers - Many Japanese parallel import new cars are already on display, ready for the COE tsunami!

Next used car process should be dropping soon!

• Praise 3

the august 1900 number is more interesting.

i guess COE price will gradually slide lower unless someone changed the rule between now till 2019

• Praise 3

Reading Yoyo's chart, it is conceivable that demand will stabilize at 2K - 2.5K per bid until Aug, which after may see a jump to 3.5K - 4.5K bidders per auction. Enter the market when you need since with this level of demand, price will not be going south significantly anytime soon.

• Praise 3

After July, CEV will kick in and I guess prices will go up by S$5000.

The govt keeps throwing spanner in the COE thingy. Even if COE drop 10K.......... and that is a big if, you only see price reduction of 5k after July.

What will they come up with next is anybody's guess.......... This is gonna be a wild ride.

Actually even if COE drops 25K, tat is only a savings of S$200 a month.

I dunnoe why people keep saying many will give up driving with COE at 60k. Those who bought at COE of 20K ten years ago may pay 40K more but it is only 4K more a year. This equates to S$330 more a month. Surely even the lower level workers managed more than S$330 increment over ten years.........................

• Praise 2

After July, CEV will kick in and I guess prices will go up by S$5000.

The govt keeps throwing spanner in the COE thingy. Even if COE drop 10K.......... and that is a big if, you only see price reduction of 5k after July.

What will they come up with next is anybody's guess.......... This is gonna be a wild ride.

Actually even if COE drops 25K, tat is only a savings of S$200 a month.

I dunnoe why people keep saying many will give up driving with COE at 60k. Those who bought at COE of 20K ten years ago may pay 40K more but it is only 4K more a year. This equates to S$330 more a month. Surely even the lower level workers managed more than S$330 increment over ten years.........................

You are spreading the increments of COE over the 10 years ownership of the car.. everything becomes cheaper that way. Do you pay the COE slowly over the full 10 years? Nah, you face the full brunt of the cost now because the COE form the car selling price and half of it is downpayment, which many of these lower level workers do not have cash for.

In other words, you are over-simplifying it.

• Praise 5

One point more point to contribute to higher demand is number of deregistration > COE offer , as the computation of reintroduction of COE takes 3 months

You are spreading the increments of COE over the 10 years ownership of the car.. everything becomes cheaper that way. Do you pay the COE slowly over the full 10 years? Nah, you face the full brunt of the cost now because the COE form the car selling price and half of it is downpayment, which many of these lower level workers do not have cash for.

In other words, you are over-simplifying it.

Itz not that great a difference.

Ten years back with a B&B car at 70K, 40% deposit would mean 28k.

Now with B&B car at 110k, 40% deposit would mean 44k.

Thatz a difference of only 16K. It is not a difference of 40k cos you loan the rest. Of cos there are people who took full loan back then. These are the people who will not be driving even if COE drops to 30k cos they cannot fork out the deposit. How many of these people abound? That is the question. They are the ones contributing to the COE pool.

Many people still can afford. And no, I am not talking about full cash type.

MCF a lot of richies......

Edited by Piyopico

2v8n5lf.jpg

so, with

44% more Cat A,

28% more Cat B,

100% more Cat C,

14% more Cat D &

54% more Cat E

Good work, Bro yo2020.

I am waiting to go in before Oct this year when wife's car due to scrap.

• Praise 1

Itz not that great a difference.

Ten years back with a B&B car at 70K, 40% deposit would mean 28k.

Now with B&B car at 110k, 40% deposit would mean 44k.

Thatz a difference of only 16K. It is not a difference of 40k cos you loan the rest. Of cos there are people who took full loan back then. These are the people who will not be driving even if COE drops to 30k cos they cannot fork out the deposit. How many of these people abound? That is the question. They are the ones contributing to the COE pool.

Many people still can afford. And no, I am not talking about full cash type.

MCF a lot of richies......

Depends on how you look at it.. some people sell their car get no money back, hence they need to cough out 44k, which is a lot for the average family man. Anyway it is all relative lah, 16k to you is "only" but to others may not be.

Just look at the number of people in MCF asking if they should renew COE or buy new car when used car depreciation is very high + possible maintenance problems when top up a bit for downpayment can get a newer used car or new car already.. but renewing COE itself for them is already stretching it so that top up becomes impossible lor.

• Praise 1

i think over the next few biddings, it will gradually fall back the 10k that it gained off the lows but when it happens again or falls slightly below that, buyers will come in again and it will push the coe back up again.

↡ Advertisement