Driving on PIE today

Pinobii

Was driving from pie to tuas in the morning, there was an ambulance with siren on, and on the way back from pie to changi, there were two ambulances with siren on which came past at different timing.

The traffic in the evening around 6+ was so bad that the cars weren't moving at some stretches of road and the cars in lane 1 had no space to move out for the ambulance.

Was just thinking for the emergency cases, and the increasing bad traffic, what can be done to make sure these life saving moments can be improved

Just some thoughts on a Friday evening...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

weekday 6pm, pie to changi after eng neo is always sibeh jialak one, having 6 lanes still cannot cope. I always scared to go there during such timing

• Praise 4

yeah .. this one really sibei jialat ... give you 10 lanes also cannot cope

weekday 6pm, pie to changi after eng neo is always sibeh jialak one, having 6 lanes still cannot cope. I always scared to go there during such timing

• Praise 3

PIE always heavy traffic during the evening peak, thinking how come until today they still have not switch on the ERP gantry there? Even AYE now also have evening ERP! Lol.

• Praise 3

PIE always heavy traffic during the evening peak, thinking how come until today they still have not switch on the ERP gantry there? Even AYE now also have evening ERP! Lol.

Coming soon. GPSS...
  • Praise 2

they can use the road shoulder if really no choice

I had emailed to LTA n TP few years ago, suggested that the ambulances n other emergency vehicles use the shoulder. However the reply was the shoulder is not for this purpose.
  • Praise 1

In anywhere else in this world

Road shoulder is for breakdown vehicles and emergency vehicles

I see sometimes ambulance get stucked in jam with siren on. Sad thing

• Praise 2

I saw a youtube on other country the ambulance was stuck in traffic jam. Do you know what the ambulance staff do? Instead of waiting in the jam, they go out of the ambulance left the driver in the ambulance to direct the vehicles in front to shift left and right so that there is space for ambulance to pass through, I know it's a bit extreme, but that is their attitude towards saving life.

Somewhere I feel we still need to be more automatic, even if stuck in traffic jam, hope drivers don't have this mindset, its already jam what can I do? In traffic jam, drivers still can do something which is to shift left and right as extreme as possible so that in between lane there is enough gap for ambulance to pass through. Our road is wide enough to do that especially in expressway that 2 lane can actually squeeze 3 vehicles if they are willing to shift the vehicles a bit.

So well..

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 4

Was driving from pie to tuas in the morning, there was an ambulance with siren on, and on the way back from pie to changi, there were two ambulances with siren on which came past at different timing.

The traffic in the evening around 6+ was so bad that the cars weren't moving at some stretches of road and the cars in lane 1 had no space to move out for the ambulance.

Was just thinking for the emergency cases, and the increasing bad traffic, what can be done to make sure these life saving moments can be improved

Just some thoughts on a Friday evening...

Either use helicopter or let coe increase to 100k and reduce growth of private cars to keep it at 500k level, which of course I will not support the latter.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Ambulance always use direct expressways and expect everyone to give way.

They never think sometimes it's not possible if there is massive traffic jam.

It seems they never think about using alternate routes, especially nowadays gadgets are available with traffic reports and alternate routing.

• Praise 3

PIE evening everyday jam

bottlenecks are the lentor/adam road exit and steven road exit

luckily i dun need to drive past this area everyday

I saw a youtube on other country the ambulance was stuck in traffic jam. Do you know what the ambulance staff do? Instead of waiting in the jam, they go out of the ambulance left the driver in the ambulance to direct the vehicles in front to shift left and right so that there is space for ambulance to pass through, I know it's a bit extreme, but that is their attitude towards saving life.

Somewhere I feel we still need to be more automatic, even if stuck in traffic jam, hope drivers don't have this mindset, its already jam what can I do? In traffic jam, drivers still can do something which is to shift left and right as extreme as possible so that in between lane there is enough gap for ambulance to pass through. Our road is wide enough to do that especially in expressway that 2 lane can actually squeeze 3 vehicles if they are willing to shift the vehicles a bit.

So well..

You might want to refer to this clip. Different from what you described, but just as good. And yes, it had to be the Germans.

Sadly not going to happen in Singapore.

1st u got drivers all over the world (prc, Indian, bangala and others) whom dun understand it.

2nd u got pple like this:

post-13404-0-38052200-1429429166.jpg

post-13404-0-53804100-1429429177.jpg

• Praise 1

Some ppl are just too self centered to think that the world revolve around them and only them ....

They forgot to think abt others and care abt others....

Only when something bad happen to them and they bemoan abt their plight, and yet without thinking that other ppl have suffered the same plight too....

Be considerate, be magnanimous :)

• Praise 2

Got to start somewhere.

If we can squeeze and give way

other people will see and follow.

We are Asian so we see and copy.

Someone just has to start.

:D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1