Help! Birds nesting on rooftop, how to remove/prevent !

A_korusawa

40 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

what to do... I really wished i had a BB gun to shoot at them while they were standing across the corridor looking at me while i cleaned up the mess on Friday :pissed-off:

:grin:

1263C9BE-645D-4BEC-A852-670086DE0191.jpeg

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 4

Buy those spike mats from Daiso. Each piece quite big and can cut. Also can attach different pieces together to make it bigger. 

• Praise 2

7 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Buy those spike mats from Daiso. Each piece quite big and can cut. Also can attach different pieces together to make it bigger. 

I'm still waiting for a rainy afternoon, so that i can flush the rest of the pebbles and twigs down. I've gotten rid mostly 80% but some on the other fringes are stuck there. 

Limited by the fact that i don't want to climb out. Haha not without a carabina and safety rope haha 

16 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Mentioned I had pigeon problems. 

Few months ago, my wife cleared off one nest. Then last Friday after coming home from work, I realised pigeons came back. And built another nest while our guard was down.

Because of them bringing all the pebbles, twigs up. There was even a mini cockroach infestation. 

On Friday, I first sprayed lots of insecticide from my mbr window. Then spent one hour using bamboo pole kiap, and toilet broom brush to remove the twigs and used lots of pails of water to flush most of the twigs and pebbles down. It had rained earlier in the day but lucky the neighbours were out. Didn't realise so many twigs and pebbles were under the compressors. Created a mess on the first floor but can't be helped. Poured Liberal amounts of bleach onto the wet ac ledge to disinfect and possibly remove the smell for the pigeons. 

Thought the stupid birds who were perched across the corridor would give up. But no... Next day after work, I open to spot check and they had already brought up new twigs and trying to reform the nest.

Cleared the thing off again without flushing. Then went to find stuff at household goods shop across the road to fill up the space. But I didn't want to leave anything on the ground since I don't want to climb out and I also don't want them to use anything on the ground so improvised this. So far so good. 

20191005_155845_compress98.jpg

20191005_160305_compress73.jpg

Count your blessing Doc, it is bird (nest) only. This poor owner in US found out that squirrel had used her car engine bay to store hundreds of walnuts...

Aww Nuts! Woman Finds Hundreds Of Walnuts Under The Hood Of Her Crossover

bbb6b62b-walnuts-under-the-hood.jpg

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 2

1 minute ago, Carbon82 said:

Count your blessing Doc, it is bird (nest) only. This poor owner in US found out that squirrel had used her car engine bay to store hundreds of walnuts...

My entire AC ledge is dried bird poop leh. even the ledge just outside my access window. Dried up until u cant remove it unless u use a scraper. 

Wanted to get a jet washer. But the spray may affect the compressor and also not living in landed, really not much use for jet washer bah.

3 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Aww Nuts! Woman Finds Hundreds Of Walnuts Under The Hood Of Her Crossover

bbb6b62b-walnuts-under-the-hood.jpg

This is interesting, certainly something cool to laugh at. If all possible, I will try to find a place to relocate the walnuts and nest so that the little squirrels have a place to call it home of theirs.

2 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

This is interesting, certainly something cool to laugh at. If all possible, I will try to find a place to relocate the walnuts and nest so that the little squirrels have a place to call it home of theirs.

actually i never knew walnut look like that... They are supposed to be smaller. Shouldn't be a walnut.

Edited by Lala81

8 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

My entire AC ledge is dried bird poop leh. even the ledge just outside my access window. Dried up until u cant remove it unless u use a scraper. 

Wanted to get a jet washer. But the spray may affect the compressor and also not living in landed, really not much use for jet washer bah.

Get those HydroJet, not so powerful till it can cause damage to your compressor, but good enough to remove tough stain / dried bird shit. @Mustank any recommendation?

3 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

actually i never knew walnut look like that... They are supposed to be smaller. Shouldn't be a walnut.

The walnut we are seeing are actually the seed. This is how the fruit look like.

Juglans_regia_2009_G2.jpg

walnut-tree.jpg

Juglans_regia_Echte_Walnussfrucht_2.jpg

4 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

I will also consider the same if I have a big house, but mostly likely I will take the walnut for my roti.:grin:

• Praise 8

10 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Interestingly, this is how the raw walnut  looks like, we only get to see the brown color  core, not the fruits itself.

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Get those HydroJet, not so powerful till it can cause damage to your compressor, but good enough to remove tough stain / dried bird shit. @Mustank any recommendation?

The walnut we are seeing are actually the seed. This is how the fruit look like.

walnut-tree.jpg

I will also consider the same if I have a big house, but mostly likely I will take the walnut for my roti.:grin:

Oh ok. interesting.

1 minute ago, Ct3833 said:

Interestingly, this is how the raw walnut  looks like, we only get to see the brown color  core, not the fruits itself.

yeah i thought that core is the dried up fruit already.

• Praise 1

10 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

walnut-tree.jpg

I am referring to if I will to be in the US or somewhere that I have a big land also, not that I have it here. But I dont mind contributing a small area of my existing space if any squirrels is keen to build their nests here.😄😄

Edited by Ct3833

25 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Perfect time for the Worx Hydroshot haha

• Praise 1

13 minutes ago, Genes said:

Perfect time for the Worx Hydroshot haha

Worth it vs a real jet washer? Actually a real jetwasher is only about 120-130 dollars for the entry level one.

1 minute ago, Lala81 said:

Worth it vs a real jet washer? Actually a real jetwasher is only about 120-130 dollars for the entry level one.

No need for jet power

use this one 

LEO Wipe Stain Remover - (Regular) https://s.lazada.sg/s.6wMs

it will eat anything. Do not add water! See the shit burn!! Haha!!

make sure you don’t splash until your aircon also have 

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Power perhaps no. Portability and Store-ability should be better?

4 minutes ago, Mustank said:

No need for jet power

use this one 

LEO Wipe Stain Remover - (Regular) https://s.lazada.sg/s.6wMs

it will eat anything. Do not add water! See the shit burn!! Haha!!

make sure you don’t splash until your aircon also have 

can beat household bleach?

↡ Advertisement