Help! Birds nesting on rooftop, how to remove/prevent !

A_korusawa

Make sure you don’t go and use it in the house 

don’t use it on tiles

on concrete and bird shit can

dont kena the aircon compressor 

after it eats into the shit, use a hose to hose away everything 

remember to tell your neighbors downstairs to close the windows

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Hey guys!! I was sitting under this fan yesterday

heng my family and me nothing happen

But all the carbon dust fly on the food

another family kena more jialat

i suspect the bird spike not perperly secured

5968373C-E0CC-4FD2-BC91-22CFCD3A993B.jpeg

• Shocked 1

9 minutes ago, Mustank said:

5968373C-E0CC-4FD2-BC91-22CFCD3A993B.jpeg

The pigeons pushed the spikes down.....! 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

39 minutes ago, Mustank said:

wah really heng. Good to hear that.

• Praise 2

I am using bird spike on the railings, empty soft drink/mineral bottles filled with water occupying the floor of the aircon ledge. So far the pigeons have not nested. However they still fly back to check once in a while, hoping to rebuilt their nest on my aircon ledge.

• Praise 1

Bought this from Lazada 3 boxes ( 6 PCs per  box  each one 0.5m long $17 / per box ..... in my place the mynah’s are a nuisance , just installed 1 week back ....... now to wait n see who win, me or mynahs 

394E896D-C2DD-4ECE-BA5F-D5FA5FC88D98.jpeg

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

39 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

Bought this from Lazada 3 boxes ( 6 PCs per  box  each one 0.5m long $17 / per box ..... in my place the mynah’s are a nuisance , just installed 1 week back ....... now to wait n see who win, me or mynahs 

Before this I tried using pvc trunking by tying cable tie , worked for about 2 weeks then the mynahs started waking thru them  ... final score Mynah 1 Me 0 😖

58663A39-21A0-4009-84B6-E2BF2FA6F725.jpeg

• Praise 4

2 hours ago, Adrianli said:

I am using bird spike on the railings, empty soft drink/mineral bottles filled with water occupying the floor of the aircon ledge. So far the pigeons have not nested. However they still fly back to check once in a while, hoping to rebuilt their nest on my aircon ledge.

It was raining on saturday afternoon, so i took the opportunity to flush more of my AC ledge. 

The nesting site is now blocked with my CDs and the clothes hanger. But saw some fresh poop around the edge of the AC ledge where they must have hung around trying to see if can go back into the nesting site. For now i'll observe. but kiv use the bird spikes if they still keep hanging around. 

They only like the area behind my compressor. The other areas they not much interest...

On 10/10/2019 at 10:23 AM, Mustank said:

Make sure you don’t go and use it in the house 

don’t use it on tiles

on concrete and bird shit can

dont kena the aircon compressor 

after it eats into the shit, use a hose to hose away everything 

remember to tell your neighbors downstairs to close the windows

Boss I OT a bit.. do you know what cleaner to use for those traditional white bathroom wall tiles that have water marks?

Just now, Beehive3783 said:

Boss I OT a bit.. do you know what cleaner to use for those traditional white bathroom wall tiles that have water marks?

You got picture? Need picture to see see look look

2 minutes ago, Mustank said:

You got picture? Need picture to see see look look

No picture at the moment, but it's those water marks that form from years of shampoo and soap water dripping down the tiles when showering

1 hour ago, BanCoe said:

Update us when you start seeing your birds doing this:

• Haha! 2

11 minutes ago, Beehive3783 said:

No picture at the moment, but it's those water marks that form from years of shampoo and soap water dripping down the tiles when showering

this type no point using bleach

dont bother with any chemical all no use one. There is no easy way to deal with these type of stains. Only way is either (drill + brush attachment) or green scrub 

if you have a Battery powered hand held drill the easier: can use this:

12pcs Electric Drill Brush Scrub Pads Grout Power Drills Scrubber Cleaner https://s.lazada.sg/s.hdA4

trick is to spray water on the wall first, then use the drill + brush. Start with the lower wall. That’s the hardest to do. Then work your way up the wall. Last then is the floor which is the easiest. Scrub one section, use water to spray one section. Prepare to spend one hour. Usually your battery won’t last very Long one so you probably have to spilt up the work

Don’t bother with the power jet spray. These type just use drill brush 

if you don’t have drill brush, then you need new green scrub. Same method. Water, scrub, water. Very siong one. 

but once you do once nice nice one. Then every week maintenance is not so siong. Those very week maintenance can use power spray

but the best maintenance trick is this: everytime bath finish, use the shower head to spray cold water on the wall to flush down any soap. 10 seconds job but save one hell of a work

• Praise 3

Supercharged
26 minutes ago, Beehive3783 said:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Bar-Keepers-Friend-21-oz-All-Purpose-Cleanser-and-Polish-11514/305034131  👍✌️

I use it to remove stains and deposits from glass aquariums and gunk from aquarium filter parts. Works on tiles and other hard surfaces too.

• Praise 3

26 minutes ago, Kklim said:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Bar-Keepers-Friend-21-oz-All-Purpose-Cleanser-and-Polish-11514/305034131  👍✌️

I use it to remove stains and deposits from glass aquariums and gunk from aquarium filter parts. Works on tiles and other hard surfaces too.

Whoa!! I gonna buy this. My scrub method doesn’t work on the glass doors

the review in amazon Damm good!!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1