Help! Birds nesting on rooftop, how to remove/prevent !

A_korusawa

Birds like many animals are territorial by nature.

So if you are a guy show the pesky bird your kuku bird and show the pesky bird who is boss.

Hope this helps. Have a good week ahead

Note:

if too small, may actually backfire, pesky bird may think he hit jackpot, a worm

if too big, also may backfire, if pesky bird is a single female bird, may get her gang of lady friends to come visit you

I can see you have a serious problem

Crooked shape ones are the most effective, birds scares of snakes :XD:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

stourne-bronze-ad-iw1.jpg

This bloody bird: Asian Glossy Starling was found and keep loitering on my rooftop.  Then it comes in a pair, producing very sharp chirping sounds...... I'm ok and delighted, but when I noticed that it has become a daily business....... I realised that the birds had started hiding on my rooftop, nesting by itself.  But worst, their shits were everywhere on the balcony. 

No matter how many times you clean and wash them, those bird shits are always there.....

Worst! Seeds, twigs, and more seedings were everywhere as these birds brought them in......And these particles are dropped all over my house.............. no matter how many times we swept the floors.

I cannot believe I am intruded, and my place is messed up with just these 2 bloody birds !!!!

I tried to erect those colorful windmill, putting up a flag and even spray water to the rooftop, in desperate spurs to chase these birds away.  Night & day, the bloody birds will insist and fly back...... very persistent !  They would even hide in some place and fly back the moment they saw you retiring into the rooms!

I welcome if there's anyone out there whom have better, logical, feasible ideas to help me in removing these bloddy birds, please.  And hopefully to prevent them from coming back !!!

I once thought " Live & let Lived" but the messes arises just from these 2 bloody birds are indeed drivng you very very crazy!

Please advice, thanks!

sigh! 

these bloody nuisances are back again, after paying contractors to cover the gaps with wire mesh that had kept them away for 2 consecutive seasonal years.  the traces of them have left twicks, wastes and messes on my roofsm lobbies and the shelters (lucky my pool is sheltered...).

anymore brilliant advices from the gurus here (apart from the crooked ones)?

please share your experiences on those ultrasonic sound repellents on birds, if any?

btw, those so-called ultrasonic repellents for insects (even 110V with >6000 sqft range) are utter BS!

I see lizards crawling next to them to catch their feeds.... damn!

• Praise 1

sigh!

these bloody nuisances are back again, after paying contractors to cover the gaps with wire mesh that had kept them away for 2 consecutive seasonal years. the traces of them have left twicks, wastes and messes on my roofsm lobbies and the shelters (lucky my pool is sheltered...).

anymore brilliant advices from the gurus here (apart from the crooked ones)?

please share your experiences on those ultrasonic sound repellents on birds, if any?

btw, those so-called ultrasonic repellents for insects (even 110V with >6000 sqft range) are utter BS!

I see lizards crawling next to them to catch their feeds.... damn!

Desperate times call for desperate measures

http://www.lazada.sg/powerful-folding-wrist-brace-support-shot-slingshot-bow-catapultoutdoor-hunting-game-be-careful-when-use-intl-11468473.html

Surely will die one

Effectiveness level: if can hit, 100%; if bobo shooter, 20%

Karma level: bad really really bad

Maybe can setup a pump with timer and connect a hose to spray at the place where the birds keep coming back. Then set it with 5mins interval.

Dont think the birds will like it.

erhmmmm . . . .  thanjs, but . . . . .

I'm actually equiped with these slingshot(s) last obtained from BKK (with balancing weight for accuracy) and iced balls are applied instead of metal beads..... I even flew a drone up to scare them!

But you dun wanna damage your roofs corners and tiles with your sling shots, right???

and dun think I have time to fly the drone every morning just to scare them for a few moments where they return with laughters......

and mind you; these starlings are damn dominating! - they recognised your face.......

needless to say - these desperate measures ain't no measures at all.

any better ideas please?

for once, I was thinking of installing a loudhailer and blast them just by pressing a button!

but that'd be noise pollution,,,,, I guess.

so , back to that ultrasonic thingy, does it really works on birds?

any experienced souls out there?

erhmmmm . . . . thanjs, but . . . . .

I'm actually equiped with these slingshot(s) last obtained from BKK (with balancing weight for accuracy) and iced balls are applied instead of metal beads..... I even flew a drone up to scare them!

But you dun wanna damage your roofs corners and tiles with your sling shots, right???

and dun think I have time to fly the drone every morning just to scare them for a few moments where they return with laughters......

and mind you; these starlings are damn dominating! - they recognised your face.......

needless to say - these desperate measures ain't no measures at all.

any better ideas please?

for once, I was thinking of installing a loudhailer and blast them just by pressing a button!

but that'd be noise pollution,,,,, I guess.

so , back to that ultrasonic thingy, does it really works on birds?

any experienced souls out there?

Or you try bird spikes lor

fitting-seagull-spikes-on-roof-1s.jpg

Or you try bird spikes lor

fitting-seagull-spikes-on-roof-1s.jpg

aiyah, oso need some spidermen to climb on top right?

moreover, these starlings even actuall squeeze into tiles grooves and hid in corners lehhhh

dunno why they keeo insisting to dominate on my roofs instead of all my other neighbours???

alamak! howwwww.... ?

sigh :TT_TT:  :TT_TT:  :TT_TT:

Mentioned I had pigeon problems. 

Few months ago, my wife cleared off one nest. Then last Friday after coming home from work, I realised pigeons came back. And built another nest while our guard was down.

Because of them bringing all the pebbles, twigs up. There was even a mini cockroach infestation. 

On Friday, I first sprayed lots of insecticide from my mbr window. Then spent one hour using bamboo pole kiap, and toilet broom brush to remove the twigs and used lots of pails of water to flush most of the twigs and pebbles down. It had rained earlier in the day but lucky the neighbours were out. Didn't realise so many twigs and pebbles were under the compressors. Created a mess on the first floor but can't be helped. Poured Liberal amounts of bleach onto the wet ac ledge to disinfect and possibly remove the smell for the pigeons. 

Thought the stupid birds who were perched across the corridor would give up. But no... Next day after work, I open to spot check and they had already brought up new twigs and trying to reform the nest.

Cleared the thing off again without flushing. Then went to find stuff at household goods shop across the road to fill up the space. But I didn't want to leave anything on the ground since I don't want to climb out and I also don't want them to use anything on the ground so improvised this. So far so good. 

20191005_155845_compress98.jpg

20191005_160305_compress73.jpg

• Praise 1

25 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Mentioned I had pigeon problems. 

Few months ago, my wife cleared off one nest. Then last Friday after coming home from work, I realised pigeons came back. And built another nest while our guard was down.

Because of them bringing all the pebbles, twigs up. There was even a mini cockroach infestation. 

On Friday, I first sprayed lots of insecticide from my mbr window. Then spent one hour using bamboo pole kiap, and toilet broom brush to remove the twigs and used lots of pails of water to flush most of the twigs and pebbles down. It had rained earlier in the day but lucky the neighbours were out. Didn't realise so many twigs and pebbles were under the compressors. Created a mess on the first floor but can't be helped. Poured Liberal amounts of bleach onto the wet ac ledge to disinfect and possibly remove the smell for the pigeons. 

Thought the stupid birds who were perched across the corridor would give up. But no... Next day after work, I open to spot check and they had already brought up new twigs and trying to reform the nest.

Cleared the thing off again without flushing. Then went to find stuff at household goods shop across the road to fill up the space. But I didn't want to leave anything on the ground since I don't want to climb out and I also don't want them to use anything on the ground so improvised this. So far so good. 

20191005_155845_compress98.jpg

20191005_160305_compress73.jpg

wah doc.. even the slum birds are trying to chase you out and make you move to atas condo or landed

😬😅

• Praise 1

Just now, Enye said:

wah doc.. even the slum birds are trying to chase you out and make you move to atas condo or landed

what to do... I really wished i had a BB gun to shoot at them while they were standing across the corridor looking at me while i cleaned up the mess on Friday :pissed-off:

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

11 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

what to do... I really wished i had a BB gun to shoot at them while they were standing across the corridor looking at me while i cleaned up the mess on Friday :pissed-off:

:grin:

https://s.lazada.sg/s.6wWY

can use this one 

【In stock】Vococal Tear-resistant Anti-UV Nylon Anti Bird Mesh Netting Net for Plant Protection Fish Pond Orchard Farmland Plantation Garden https://s.lazada.sg/s.6sQL

But don’t climb up On the compressor to do

Last time my Neighbour stand on the compressor then he fell down and died 

use a long pole to stick those hooks with 3m tape behind on the ceiling of the aircon ledge. Then use the pole to slowly put the net no the hooks

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

17 minutes ago, Mustank said:

:grin:

https://s.lazada.sg/s.6wWY

can use this one 

【In stock】Vococal Tear-resistant Anti-UV Nylon Anti Bird Mesh Netting Net for Plant Protection Fish Pond Orchard Farmland Plantation Garden https://s.lazada.sg/s.6sQL

But don’t climb up On the compressor to do

Last time my Neighbour stand on the compressor then he fell down and died 

use a long pole to stick those hooks with 3m tape behind on the ceiling of the aircon ledge. Then use the pole to slowly put the net no the hooks

Ha I don't even want to go on the ledge, cos I got two compressors on the ledge. 

38 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

pah jiao aka shoot bird?

🤣

↡ Advertisement