Help! Birds nesting on rooftop, how to remove/prevent !

A_korusawa

stourne-bronze-ad-iw1.jpg

This bloody bird: Asian Glossy Starling was found and keep loitering on my rooftop. Then it comes in a pair, producing very sharp chirping sounds...... I'm ok and delighted, but when I noticed that it has become a daily business....... I realised that the birds had started hiding on my rooftop, nesting by itself. But worst, their shits were everywhere on the balcony.

No matter how many times you clean and wash them, those bird shits are always there.....

Worst! Seeds, twigs, and more seedings were everywhere as these birds brought them in......And these particles are dropped all over my house.............. no matter how many times we swept the floors.

I cannot believe I am intruded, and my place is messed up with just these 2 bloody birds !!!!

I tried to erect those colorful windmill, putting up a flag and even spray water to the rooftop, in desperate spurs to chase these birds away. Night & day, the bloody birds will insist and fly back...... very persistent ! They would even hide in some place and fly back the moment they saw you retiring into the rooms!

I welcome if there's anyone out there whom have better, logical, feasible ideas to help me in removing these bloddy birds, please. And hopefully to prevent them from coming back !!!

I once thought " Live & let Lived" but the messes arises just from these 2 bloody birds are indeed drivng you very very crazy!

Please advice, thanks!

Edited by A_korusawa
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Supersonic

Spray dried chili or pepper around the area. Mothballs too. I had birds nesting on my air con ledge and that worked.

• Praise 2

Catch them. I know one uncle always put cages with doors open to attract birds in, then he will close it while they are inside. I think its illegal. But could try it, then once caught you drive them to a far end of SG and release them. I'm not sure whether those birds are good at navigation or not. But in the mean time can clear away the nest if you could reach it.

stourne-bronze-ad-iw1.jpg

This bloody bird: Asian Glossy Starling was found and keep loitering on my rooftop. Then it comes in a pair, producing very sharp chirping sounds...... I'm ok and delighted, but when I noticed that it has become a daily business....... I realised that the birds had started hiding on my rooftop, nesting by itself. But worst, their shits were everywhere on the balcony.

No matter how many times you clean and wash them, those bird shits are always there.....

Worst! Seeds, twigs, and more seedings were everywhere as these birds brought them in......And these particles are dropped all over my house.............. no matter how many times we swept the floors.

I cannot believe I am intruded, and my place is messed up with just these 2 bloody birds !!!!

I tried to erect those colorful windmill, putting up a flag and even spray water to the rooftop, in desperate spurs to chase these birds away. Night & day, the bloody birds will insist and fly back...... very persistent ! They would even hide in some place and fly back the moment they saw you retiring into the rooms!

I welcome if there's anyone out there whom have better, logical, feasible ideas to help me in removing these bloddy birds, please. And hopefully to prevent them from coming back !!!

I once thought " Live & let Lived" but the messes arises just from these 2 bloody birds are indeed drivng you very very crazy!

Please advice, thanks!

Hi, All

To add on . . . . its on my rooftop in my balcony on the top floor.

Thus, its quite impossible for to climb on top else I engage someon/contractor......

Sigh . . . .

Paging @chowyunfatt! Birdie issue. Come in come in :D

Whose this Chowyunfatt? Can he help? What's his specialty???

[sweatdrop] Please help......!

Hypersonic

Whose this Chowyunfatt? Can he help? What's his specialty???

[sweatdrop] Please help......!

His specialty is birds. All kinds of birds :D

TS, see if a tall ladder could reach? Or engage pest buster to remove & then stuff rolled up chicken wire mesh to cover (I presume it's those holes under the roof tiles?).

• Praise 1

Supersonic

I saw one food court hang a black paper bird figure.

Supposed to look like a bird of prey.

It seems effective to scaring off some birdies.

• Praise 1

Don't know if it is legal or not but try getting some aviancide to poison the buggers.

Do it quietly so those ACRES buggers won't come and bug you also.

Ask Bro RadX for his picture and hang facing outside at your balcony, my advise is easiest and cheapest to scares them away.

What post #13 mentioned is very true.

Edited by 2BDriver
  • Praise 5

Can try to get an owl statue to place near your rooftop.

I have seen it being used with good effect.

I think the intimidating eyes of the owl does scare away some small animals and other birds.

The other option which I have seen is people hanging multiple CDs along their roofline.

Apparently the reflective nature of the CDs scare away birds.

• Praise 1

Eat the bird?

attachicon.gifbird.jpg

now another bird come to my house

attachicon.gifbird1.jpg

later I have scramble egg for dinner

Wait eat already Tua lao sai [laugh]

But you blessed man liao lah

Got beautiful bird come your house lay egg

Must be your house got very powerful calming and soothing and safe aura

Your house what number ah? I wanna buy 4d [grin]

↡ Advertisement