Buying Ceiling fan and lighting from JB

Yaloryalor

Neutral Newbie

Yes you can. Except you need to find an electrician to fix for you if it's a ceiling fan. Much cheaper there.

Any bro/ sis bought their ceiling fan or lighting from JB?

Pls share your experience. [:)]

i bought 4 kdk and yes, its much more cheaper. Remember to ask them for an invoice for singapore bound if you are required to pay gst.

i believe there is a thread which is quite explicit liao. cheers...

i bought 4 kdk and yes, its much more cheaper. Remember to ask them for an invoice for singapore bound if you are required to pay gst.

i believe there is a thread which is quite explicit liao. cheers...

I heard from my fren its about 50% cheaper. I suppose the reliability is the same since from same manufacturer. But warranty will be troublesome.

Turbocharged

Tampoi Lighting, popular with Singaporeans. Just went to this shop this morning as my friend searching for lights and fan

I heard from my fren its about 50% cheaper. I suppose the reliability is the same since from same manufacturer. But warranty will be troublesome.

the only trouble is bringing it back to them. The seller whom is the distributor will honour their products, i know cos i been there done that.

But frankly its pretty freak that the fan would broke down when purchased new.

no worries there...........relac [grin]

• Praise 2

Any bro/ sis bought their ceiling fan or lighting from JB?

Pls share your experience. [:)]

KDK fans are about 40-50% cheaper.

Both ceiling fans and normal stand fans.

Do note the $150/person/limit.

Some ICA staff do ask to see the receipts.

I bought some lights at tampoi area, and one of my KDK fan at YESS electrical shop.

the only trouble is bringing it back to them. The seller whom is the distributor will honour their products, i know cos i been there done that.

But frankly its pretty freak that the fan would broke down when purchased new.

no worries there...........relac [grin]

Usually limited by boot space and rear cabin space.

2 of the 16" stand fans will eliminate all rear cabin space.

That being said, only 1 of my stand fans is from JB. The other 3 are bought in SG from convenience.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

Ceiling fans are pretty outdated.

Get smaller fans like this and install at 2 corners...if you are installing in the living room. Looks better. There are reciprocating ones but can cost twice as much as fixed position onces. One like this cost about RM400++. In Singapore it can cost around S$500 or more. You can more or less buy two. You will benefit from the exchange rates.

Buying in JB does cost a lot less dan buying from Singapore. If you are lucky the customs from both sides won't disturb you. Else they ask you to pay GST. You should have bought earlier before the M'sia GST kicked in.

diane-brushed-nickel-wood.jpg

• Praise 1

Get smaller fans like this and install at 2 corners...if you are installing in the living room. Looks better. There are reciprocating ones but can cost twice as much as fixed position onces. One like this cost about RM400++. In Singapore it can cost around S$500 or more. You can more or less buy two. You will benefit from the exchange rates.

Buying in JB does cost a lot less dan buying from Singapore. If you are lucky the customs from both sides won't disturb you. Else they ask you to pay GST. You should have bought earlier before the M'sia GST kicked in.

What do you mean by reciprocating? They are not in fixed position? Just curious.

Jus called up a shop in JB, the boss say Crestar fan not available in Malaysia.

Anyone know its true?

It's not available in JB. y u want crestar. it's only good looking.

It's like whether u want a toyota for ur fan, or u want a cute renault/peugeot [laugh]

What do you mean by reciprocating? They are not in fixed position? Just curious.

What I mean is swivel left and right. Just with an additional reciprocating motor it can cost twice as much as fixed ones.

If your ceiling is very high they also have an extended pole for you to purchase.

• Praise 2

if you stay more than 2 days in malaysia you can buy up to 300dollars worth of items per head. if not is only 150 sgd per head. Anything more you need to pay tax that is our GST.

Yes you can. Except you need to find an electrician to fix for you if it's a ceiling fan. Much cheaper there.

for the ceiling fan remember to ask for the installation bracket which is not included in the package. if not you will not be able to install in sg.

• Praise 1

if you stay more than 2 days in malaysia you can buy up to 300dollars worth of items per head. if not is only 150 sgd per head. Anything more you need to pay tax that is our GST.

for the ceiling fan remember to ask for the installation bracket which is not included in the package. if not you will not be able to install in sg.

if more than 48 hrs, it's S$600/pax....

http://www.customs.gov.sg/leftNav/trav/Duty-free+Concession+and+GST+Relief.html

• Praise 1

I bought my ceiling fan from Malaysia and had problem... take note of the length of the "holder" of the ceiling fan. Malaysia ceiling height is much higher than average condo/ HDB in SG. If you buy a fan with standard "holder" lenght. chances is, your ceiling fan is around your neck level...

As for the size, not to worry, If my vios can bring in 4 sets of ceiling fan (2 in boot, 2 in rear passenger seat), i believe most car could bring in 4 sets as well.. thanks to the compact packaging. For tax, just prepare to pay 7% GST if the custom officer decided to pull you aside, no big deal compare to the savings you got.

Edited by Tigershark1976
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged

bought a ceiling fan from the kdk distributor in jb. 40% cheaper. the shop fella asked if i stayed in hdb to make sure i bought a model with the right shaft length, to avoid a beheading.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1