Buying Ceiling fan and lighting from JB

Yaloryalor

haha bro you are spot on...fellow jb kaki...

actually most led lights are manufactured in taiwan and china (cheaper type) and korea/japan (more ex but durable), sg also selling the same type but you know lor...mark up... [shakehead]

I even bought extra 5 sets to replace incase 1 goes off...till now still burning brightly...kiasu me... [:p]

and they are tested there one by one by the workers there...indeed priceless. [cool]

Erm what type of LED lights are cheaper in SG then in JB?

every single type of LED light is cheaper in JB.
Yes singapore has more upmarket brands and wider variety.

Corresponding QC some is better as well.

JB is not that far off.

But can test on the spot whether the thing works + can go back for exchange = priceless. lol.

TV definitely we are better. The malaysians buy their tv here. lol

haha bro...next time ask me along...i help look after car...blanja sanlou bee hoon will do...thugs sure wun dare come close...

bro @hamburger got see me before in my original size... [:p]

Nice to know that it is cheaper in JB but everytime I went in to buy things, my heart always pumping fast and my mind is not at ease ....

My mind was always on my car parking outside or basement car park ... [sweatdrop]

If nothing happen, then the smiles on our faces for the saving as compare to SG but if my car or even family members ever get hurt, then it not worth the saving ....

It just take one incident and one will never want to go JB again... :ph34r:

↡ Advertisement

haha bro...next time ask me along...i help look after car...blanja sanlou bee hoon will do...thugs sure wun dare come close...

Its not about size...... :wacko:

It's that the robbers in JB have upsize to firearms from small knives in the 80's ..... [grin]

[laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1

haha bro you are spot on...fellow jb kaki...

actually most led lights are manufactured in taiwan and china (cheaper type) and korea/japan (more ex but durable), sg also selling the same type but you know lor...mark up... [shakehead]

I even bought extra 5 sets to replace incase 1 goes off...till now still burning brightly...kiasu me... [:p]

and they are tested there one by one by the workers there...indeed priceless. [cool]

Yeah i only bought 2 ceiling lights from JB.

Other 4 of them i bought from Singapore cos JB don't have the model i want.

For lights, buy in SG is either for the variety or QC (higher end models) or the convenience. Also the $150 SGD limit may be troublesome if u buying q a lot.

my recommendation. Completely square downlights don't look good.

Get this square with rounded edges.

Get this from taobao from 一极喜光

DSC_0360.jpg

I'm using for my house. My BIL also bought this for his house.

I'm using 20 in my house. Bought 23. One failed on arrival.

1.5 years on, no failure since...

My BIL also roughly same fail rate.

Average cost was about $24/light after air shipping

DSC_0350.jpg

this one need false ceiling , right???

i felt like midget then............. [laugh]

wah then i run away... [:p][smash]

Its not about size...... :wacko:

It's that the robbers in JB have upsize to firearms from small knives in the 80's ..... [grin]

[laugh][laugh]

I believe mine is

66065 WHITE

CW 20 X 0.5 LED

http://www.lightings.com.sg/images/pdfs/Philips%20led%20downlight.pdf

they are selling at $60. i got it for less than $30 in JB. happen to actually chance upon the shop and its near Johor Jaya. they are a distributoir of philips lightings exact name i have to go back and find.

My downlights I bought for $10 each from an online LED store in Singapore. After 1 year still going strong and very bright. Don't get ripped off by brick and mortar retail stores.

this one need false ceiling , right???

i felt like midget then............. [laugh]

yes incur more cost. But chioh lah with warm yellow light.

With this LED downlight, u only need a false ceiling 10cm deep instead of the usual 15cm.

Most pple won't even notice it's a false ceiling if not for the downlights.

I'm not a fan of cove lights cos i don't like dust accumulation or place for insects to hide.

• Praise 2

Remember to ask for a 2nd "receipt" if you buy a lot. :D

Just a warning - singapore custom officers do know that Tampoi provides a second receipt....when they ask you if this is the actual receipt...you better confess and provide the actual one...else it will be cheating ah gong

i bought my kdk and elmark fans from tampoi....fanastic value for money. The lightings are also very affordable....BUT i was told by my malaysian colleagues, locals dont get it from tampoi. Only rich singaporeans do it

• Praise 1

Just a warning - singapore custom officers do know that Tampoi provides a second receipt....when they ask you if this is the actual receipt...you better confess and provide the actual one...else it will be cheating ah gong

i bought my kdk and elmark fans from tampoi....fanastic value for money. The lightings are also very affordable....BUT i was told by my malaysian colleagues, locals dont get it from tampoi. Only rich singaporeans do it

Malaysians go wher buy?

I got most of my lighting in JB too. Price is much cheaper and wider variety too. Just make sure you check the item before packing. Also avoid getting lights using bulbs that are not commonly found in SG.

Neutral Newbie

Crestar design looks good and I heard from the local shops its more durable than Fanco.

I will go and see and try for myself. Need the fan with bright lighting too.

Ceiling fan is not like other electrical appliances (TV, washing machines, toaster,..etc) which can change by ourselves easily. Usually once installed wont change for the next 10 years.

Bro, go any lobang to recommend installing the ceiling fan here?

Malaysians go wher buy?

My fren recommend Tampoi lighting at JB.

However, I just checked for the same fan he bought 4 months ago is RM 150 increased! He bought RM530 for a fan, now selling RM680! :pissed-off: Their 6% GST became 28% increased! Maths failed!

Still cheaper than Spore. So Lan Lan. :wut:

However, I just checked for the same fan he bought 4 months ago is RM 150 increased! He bought RM530 for a fan, now selling RM680! :pissed-off: Their 6% GST became 28% increased! Maths failed!

what brand??? If its kdk i dont see the need to get it at tampoi.

tampoi is only good for lightings.

taobao

http://s.taobao.com/search?q=%E4%BA%94%E5%8F%B6%E5%90%B8%E9%A1%B6%E6%89%87&imgfile=&js=1&stats_click=search_radio_all%3A1&initiative_id=staobaoz_20150703&ie=utf8&data-key=sort&data-value=sale-desc#J_relative

Anyone knows if Panasonic ceiling fans are any good? Heard they're the OEM for KDK.

Not Ceiling fans but I have several Panasonic standing fans that are EXACTLY like KDK except for colour and logo! Cheaper by about 15%-20% or so....

• Praise 1

(edited)

anyone knows whether those vonardo fans are any good?

taobao got many replica

Edited by Mustank
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

Buy KDK stuff from YESS.

More close to causeway. Near city sq mall also.

Not Ceiling fans but I have several Panasonic standing fans that are EXACTLY like KDK except for colour and logo! Cheaper by about 15%-20% or so....

Erm panasonic owns KDK. That's why the fans are the same.

In malaysia, they are made from the same factories lol. But I googled the prices from their malaysia electrical store before. Seems the same. <10 ringgit difference, hence i just bought the KDK.

Kawakita Denki Kigyosha (Japanese for "Kawakita Electric Company"; commonly known as KDK), is the brand name used by Matsushita Ecology Systems Co., Ltd., a separate company of the Panasonic Corporation (formerly the Matsushita Electric Industrial Group), to manufacture the group's ventilating products. Before becoming part of Matsushita Electric, KDK was a separate company not affiliated with Matsushita Electric Industrial Co. Ltd. KDK was registered as a trademark in 1912 but originated in 1909 as Nippon Electric Industry Co. Ltd.

But don't be stupid and buy pennsonic hor. Haha that's their boleh imitation brand. Don't think it's lousy, but why pay more for a weakly branded competitor.

anyone knows whether those vonardo fans are any good?

taobao got many replica

U want to blow at you, or really use it the way it's supposed to be used, push the air upwards into the room to create a cooling effect?

Last time when amazon started free shipping, quite a few renotalk siao kias bought from USA. They seem to like it...

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1