Buying Ceiling fan and lighting from JB

Yaloryalor

Bros here..

Just wish to ask; if you are well prepared to pay for 7% GST on the purchased ceiling fan incase that it's requested by the officer...

but..

wat you guys normally answer when there is a very classic phrase quoted by the officer: "anything to declare sir"...

Can i just simply say no at first.. but if later they found the fan... then how? Is this considered heating ah gong ah... or i can just self pro-claim that the purchased items are not exceeded SGD150 per head; that's y i've answered "no" initially  [;)]

anything to declare usually is aimed at ciggies.. liquor ... drugs.. contrabands etc..  

Fake ignorance if asked abt the GST rule...  gets me off the hook everytime...  

but if u have the face of a criminal or .. sibei guai lan...  good luck  :XD:

↡ Advertisement

Bros here..

Just wish to ask; if you are well prepared to pay for 7% GST on the purchased ceiling fan incase that it's requested by the officer...

but..

wat you guys normally answer when there is a very classic phrase quoted by the officer: "anything to declare sir"...

Can i just simply say no at first.. but if later they found the fan... then how? Is this considered heating ah gong ah... or i can just self pro-claim that the purchased items are not exceeded SGD150 per head; that's y i've answered "no" initially [;)]

I kiasi... I just passed the receipt to the custom officer when they checked my boot..

First time- she take a look at the receipt, asked me how many person , I said 2, then she said should be ok and give me back receipt.

Second time - I passed the receipt to custom officer, officer see see look look passed to someone in the immigration booth, that guy in the booth ( not the one stamping passport) radio to office ... Ask me wait for another officer that will guide me to custom office, held up the car behind me until officer arrived.

Me pay GST at custom office, show the officer the receipt before going back into my car, but officer saw receipt and then like doing a 100% check on my car *faint* but I guai guai one, nothing hidden in my car. After searching for a while then only let me go... Haiz I already declared everything Liao la

• Praise 1

I kiasi... I just passed the receipt to the custom officer when they checked my boot..

First time- she take a look at the receipt, asked me how many person , I said 2, then she said should be ok and give me back receipt.

Second time - I passed the receipt to custom officer, officer see see look look passed to someone in the immigration booth, that guy in the booth ( not the one stamping passport) radio to office ... Ask me wait for another officer that will guide me to custom office, held up the car behind me until officer arrived.

Me pay GST at custom office, show the officer the receipt before going back into my car, but officer saw receipt and then like doing a 100% check on my car *faint* but I guai guai one, nothing hidden in my car. After searching for a while then only let me go... Haiz I already declared everything Liao la

I see.. but i don't like the waiting game.. imagine you have to go the designated area to park your car, wait at the counter office, re-visit your car with the officer.. show and declare the recipient,  shifting all the items down for individual inspection... rearrange back after that...zzz.... really abit troublesome and is totally wasting of time.. so based on your experience, you would normally say "yes, yes,.. got things to declare" upon being questioned by the officer ah... LOLx... perhaps i would just say: ohh.. nothing to declare as the purchased items are less than Sg150 per head LOLx.. then have to see the officer's mood edi..  :nosepick:

As a community service to all who visit JB and buying items that need to pay GST. Now there is an apps known as custom@SG. Download from play store. Pay there before reaching custom. No need to Q anymore.

• Praise 6

I would say all fans need balancing or else they could wobble.

Kdk or Panasonic fan with plastic blade need no balancing.

Each blade will be labelled with their weight on it. Just make sure you install the 2 blades with the most similar weight opposite of each other to balance out will do.

• Praise 5

Twincharged

but if u have the face of a criminal or .. sibei guai lan...  good luck  :XD:

then i think i must declare what i eat also liow ... my face go anywhere also kenah check one.

20 mins to pay S$3 GST: Settling tax for groceries from JB means additional queuing 

After a woman was arrested at Changi Airport for evading GST, when and how to pay the tax has been in the spotlight. After spending more than S$150 on a grocery shopping trip in Johor Baru, Channel NewsAsia’s Amir Yusof tested how easy it is to pay at Woodlands Checkpoint.

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/pay-gst-settling-tax-for-groceries-from-jb-additional-queuing-9873504

• Praise 1

20 mins to pay S$3 GST: Settling tax for groceries from JB means additional queuing 

After a woman was arrested at Changi Airport for evading GST, when and how to pay the tax has been in the spotlight. After spending more than S$150 on a grocery shopping trip in Johor Baru, Channel NewsAsia’s Amir Yusof tested how easy it is to pay at Woodlands Checkpoint.

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/pay-gst-settling-tax-for-groceries-from-jb-additional-queuing-9873504

Now can use Apps to pay online.  No need to Q anymore.  Wonder why he did that...

• Praise 1

After a woman was arrested at Changi Airport for evading GST, when and how to pay the tax has been in the spotlight. After spending more than S$150 on a grocery shopping trip in Johor Baru, Channel NewsAsiaâs Amir Yusof tested how easy it is to pay at Woodlands Checkpoint.

Heng I only go in makan massage movie :grin:

The most is buy a few packets of famous Amos :XD:

Heng I only go in makan massage movie :grin:

The most is buy a few packets of famous Amos :XD:

Boss. Since you are there already, you should buy groceries... Can save a lot.

Boss. Since you are there already, you should buy groceries... Can save a lot.

I take train in because pickup cannot go in

Carry things too Siong

But I will buy large price difference items like marks and spender the anti persperisnt

I take train in because pickup cannot go in

Carry things too Siong

But I will buy large price difference items like marks and spender the anti persperisnt

You can rent a car drive in.

You can rent a car drive in.

haha. that's crazy la.

Rent a car to drive in then all the savings are gone. Might as well just buy everything from redmart.

haha. that's crazy la.

Rent a car to drive in then all the savings are gone. Might as well just buy everything from redmart.

He can go not just buy things, but eat, explore places, etc.

Maybe can find more mistresses there.

Uh.... what makes you think he can't do those things now?

Mistress will drive him around la.

He can go to more places and find more mistresses.