COE expiry soon.. Buy used or new Car?

Guanleng

Supersonic

Hello all... on this topic of expiring car, I have a 9yr 2mth old Nissan Latio, mileage is very low, now about 84000 (OPC).

Recently got into an accident, my bumper is broken, and bonnet has a dent. Other than these, everything else is alright (no engine or lights damages). Rough quote from a workshop to repair is about under 1K, but now i'm considering to live with it till end of its 10 yrs and scrap it.

I asked around and was told my car has no body value, so will expect to get back the entire scrap value as quoted on OneMotoring website. As this is my first time, does anyone know if such unrepaired damages affect my scrap value at the scrap yard? After reading up on MCF, I figured that this is decision should be the best for me (in terms of $$ and convenience).

Can anyone share experience on this? Does my calculations make sense? Thanks in advance!

if u can send the car to the scrapyard wif the chassis and engine block intact, can officially scrap liao.

dented bumper and bonnet no diff. heck, even no door or seats dun matter.

↡ Advertisement

Hi ,

My current CAR COE expiring soon in Aug 2015 .

I'm considering one of 3 following options :

1. Buy a new car with High COE

2. Buy a 2-3 used car , and buy new car in 2017 .

3. Give up driving for the time being , and buy new car in 2017

Any suggestion ? or anyone selling their 7-8 years old car ?

Thanks .

if your car mileage low and condition still ok, suggest you renew coe 5 years

Turbocharged

Hello all... on this topic of expiring car, I have a 9yr 2mth old Nissan Latio, mileage is very low, now about 84000 (OPC).

Recently got into an accident, my bumper is broken, and bonnet has a dent. Other than these, everything else is alright (no engine or lights damages). Rough quote from a workshop to repair is about under 1K, but now i'm considering to live with it till end of its 10 yrs and scrap it.

I asked around and was told my car has no body value, so will expect to get back the entire scrap value as quoted on OneMotoring website. As this is my first time, does anyone know if such unrepaired damages affect my scrap value at the scrap yard? After reading up on MCF, I figured that this is decision should be the best for me (in terms of $$ and convenience).

Can anyone share experience on this? Does my calculations make sense? Thanks in advance!

10 months left only, save that 1k and live with it. PARF value quoted on onemotoring website will be returned to you once the vehicle is deregistered, it doesn't matter in what condition. Body value for bnb cars isn't much, even if there is a deduction for damaged car body it won't be 1k as you probably only get $100 for the car body.

if u can send the car to the scrapyard wif the chassis and engine block intact, can officially scrap liao.

dented bumper and bonnet no diff. heck, even no door or seats dun matter.

I think this is a OT question haha... but how does one sell a deregistered car to an exporter instead? Maybe it'll get a few more hundred dollars and condition would matter?

↡ Advertisement