Sub-divide the COE for Category D?

Tian6970

Cat D – for motorcycles – S$6,801 to set another record high.

These piece of paper can buy a 2 ~ 3 used bikes in the old days.

I can't understand why there is such a high demand for motorcycles.

Nowadays, I can see more people riding the luxury bike like Harley Davidson, BMW etc..

These people indirectly or directly push the coe up, I think so. [smash]

Normal people need a small cc bike for personal or to do dispatch job etc. This coe has a great impact on these group of riders.

In the current coe, LTA should sub-divide the Cat D category to Cat D1 & Cat D2.
D1 for motorcycle less than 200cc and D2 for motorcycle above 200cc.
How can I know the sale figure of the motorcycle maker ?
↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

most of those high end bike owners r buyers who r priced out of cars. they can afford a vehicle costing 30k n more n used to b able to buy cars previously. but since car coe is so high, they end up buying bikes. n of cos wif that budget they might as well get a high end bike.

so the pie for the bike market is now being shared by more compared to mayb 2 yrs ago. n also the coe quota for bikes r somehow reduced, when govt's concern was supposed to b road congestion.

so with more deeper pocket buyers n less coe, the price continues to climb to crazy heights. bikes r now no longer for those who needs a transport fm A to B.

Sigh. When will ppl learn?

Last ppl suggest something to LTA they dropped the 130hp bombshell.

Now you suggest this? If LTA get wind of it you can get ready to pay even more.

Good luck. Suggest somemore things lah. See whether you and fellow bikers will be screwed big time?

Kindly bear in mind...LTA wants you and me to take public transport. Suggest ideas to have easier access to private transport is suicidal.

Edited by Watwheels

Turbocharged

Doesn't help that motorbike quota getting low. Makes no sense when you can have four or five or even six bikes in the footprint of a car.

If Cat D requests split up then Cat C also will also fight for split ups as its range can be a small 1000cc van till a 10,000cc behemoth used in construction and buses too; Then comes the apportioning of how much for D1 and how much for D2 (no. of Coe's to be available between them) Very hard to draw the line here as we have seen with Cat A and Cat B , but Cat B can "play cheat" as they have Cat E cushion; AND if you look carefully the Cat B + Cat E is agak agak equal to Cat A cateogory (meant for B&B cars) ...... ah just no end/ solution to it

• Praise 1

Is up to the authority whether they want to help these small portion of bikers who really need a bike to earn an income !

Nobody make noise, so they do nothing.