Which car has the right of the way

Wadexu

Twincharged

At the junction of AMK Ave6 & Ave3, I have witnessed some near miss like the one shown except that car A is filtering left from Ave3 to join Ave6.....car B legally U turn at junction.

If bang, whose fault is it?

For your picture, A is wrong because slip road will have the give way line. B is considered to be on the main road. A must give way to B.

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

It is not Right turn have the last priority, it should be giving way to vehicles coming from the Right at any road without traffic control....... And of course Minor road vehicle to give way to Major road vehicle.

So in my example, I believe Car A at fault because it failed to give way to U turn Car B. There also should have a "Give Way" sign on the filtering left lane.

Note: my example is different from the OP

Car A.

Because there is a Give Way sign for car A.

Car A needs to check there is no on coming car, including U-turning car before joining the main road.

I hope I got the correct location.

Car A.

Because there is a Give Way sign for car A.

Car A needs to check there is no on coming car, including U-turning car before joining the main road.

I hope I got the correct location.

I checked don't have u turn sign so B is wrong

yes supreme leader [thumbsup]

I suggest TS go back to scene and take a photo that there is no U-turn sign ... sure win !

I checked don't have u turn sign so B is wrong

Edited by Wt_know

yes supreme leader [thumbsup]

I suggest TS go back to scene and take a photo that there is no U-turn sign ... sure win !

yeap, i think sure win if like that.

Seems like there is no "u-turn" or "no u-turn" sign for car B from the latest update from our bros. This makes it more straight forward. Car B at fault, 100%.

Coincidentally, i was asking myself the same question this morning as i pass by this particular junction in Yishun every morning:

ddf6sx.png

I will be turning left and there will be some doing U-turns. There is no traffic light in this case. I don't know the right of way and i don't really care about it. My general rule of thumb is to give way first. If I'm doing left turn and a car started to U-turn, i will let the car complete the turn before moving off. If I'm doing U-turn, just turn slowly and sharply so that other drivers will know that you are doing a U turn instead of the right turn.

Having the right of way does not mean that one can drive without opening their eyes. I feel that this accident can be avoided if car A give way to car B since car B has already started turning before car A.

• Praise 5

Supercharged

Coincidentally, i was asking myself the same question this morning as i pass by this particular junction in Yishun every morning:

ddf6sx.png

I will be turning left and there will be some doing U-turns. There is no traffic light in this case. I don't know the right of way and i don't really care about it. My general rule of thumb is to give way first. If I'm doing left turn and a car started to U-turn, i will let the car complete the turn before moving off. If I'm doing U-turn, just turn slowly and sharply so that other drivers will know that you are doing a U turn instead of the right turn.

Having the right of way does not mean that one can drive without opening their eyes. I feel that this accident can be avoided if car A give way to car B since car B has already started turning before car A.

Run out of power.. orh tang u

Regardless "right of way", if everyone adopt yr mindset then everybody will find it enjoyable driving in Spore.

Edited by Qpik
  • Praise 2

ddf6sx.png

Haha, I happened live in yishun and use the junction quite offen.

The situation is different. The case I started is that left turn is not filter out, it's direct left turn with solid left green light.

It's good to drive safely. However, Human being human, there are times that due check is not done fully that's why we need road rules, that's way right or the way is there.

This kind of situation is everywhere.

Let's say no one beat traffic light, and car B can u turn legally.

Car B is consider in the main lane already after the U turn. And Car B is at the main lane completing the U turn only it is possible to hit the A car that turn in to Car B lane.

Turbocharged

Since there is no U-turn sign as others have pointed out (still unsure here, you mean the junction under the MRT track yes? When going there yesterday I'm really sure no U-turn sign), imo Car B is in the wrong, since illegal u-turn.

Car A probably should have looked out for him and gave way but anyway Car B is also the one with the nose in the other car so I guess its 99% Car B fault imo.

Supercharged

ddf6sx.png

in this yishun scenario, I believe there is a stop line for the turn left vehicle. thus, left turn vehicle may be in the wrong instead.

nevertheless, I agree that no matter who right or wrong, best is to avoid accident..

Since there is no U-turn sign as others have pointed out (still unsure here, you mean the junction under the MRT track yes? When going there yesterday I'm really sure no U-turn sign), imo Car B is in the wrong, since illegal u-turn.

Car A probably should have looked out for him and gave way but anyway Car B is also the one with the nose in the other car so I guess its 99% Car B fault imo.

Just revisited the site again, Yes. it's under MRT trace and there is a no u-turn sign there. something like

post-18383-0-55867500-1429860829.jpg

There's a similar T-junction at Rivervale Drive/Rivervale Lane as well. Kinda dangerous sometime when people do high speed u-turns...

This junction U-turn is illegal.......

In Singapore, unless there is a U-turn sign. If not U-turn is consider illegal.

Neutral Newbie

As picture.

Car A is turn left on solid green.

Car B is doing U turn and hit the middle of the car.

If claim insurance, which car should pay for the bill?

Kindly please advice

How comes LTA design the signal to let the u-turn and left turn to come to same direction? very dangerous!

It's the junction of AMK AVE 3 and 8, green left turn into AVE 3

Wow Really this one is a good one Post.

Updated with detail landmark. thank you.

I am not quite sure. but google street view show the u-turn sign. but you know the google map might be not up to date one.

Hi, is this the left turn you wanted to turn to? If you are sure that the traffic signal was green when you were turning left, i really can't understand why the traffic signal from the U-TURN car's direction still allow cars to do the u-turn. :huh:

post-25965-0-10582900-1429885393_thumb.jpg

Hard to say who's in the wrong. Left turn is allowed since green arrow is lighted. U-turn also allowed cos there is U-turn sign. Though if it's a 3 lane road, U-turn should be to middle lane and shouldn't hit any cars who are turning into the left-most lane.

↡ Advertisement