Which car has the right of the way

Wadexu

Hard to say who's in the wrong. Left turn is allowed since green arrow is lighted. U-turn also allowed cos there is U-turn sign. Though if it's a 3 lane road, U-turn should be to middle lane and shouldn't hit any cars who are turning into the left-most lane.

Agree if left turn is allowed, as car B should keep to the middle lane and not encroach into the other car's lane.

↡ Advertisement

now the point is what was the timing it happened cos maybe the left turning vehicle wanted to filter straight into 2nd lane since the 1st lane was bus lane and he did not wan to get fined for being inside a bus lane, so most likely would be his fault

As picture.

Car A is turn left on solid green.

Car B is doing U turn and hit the middle of the car.

If claim insurance, which car should pay for the bill?

Kindly please advice

How comes LTA design the signal to let the u-turn and left turn to come to same direction? very dangerous!

It's the junction of AMK AVE 3 and 8, green left turn into AVE 3

Bro i notice in whole singapore road

That when there is left green light, normally that junction dont allow u-turn. So far yet to see u turn and left green turn junction

Hi, is this the left turn you wanted to turn to? If you are sure that the traffic signal was green when you were turning left, i really can't understand why the traffic signal from the U-TURN car's direction still allow cars to do the u-turn. :huh:

that's the correct junction. even if there is a u-turn sign, the u-turn car must b beating a red light coz TS said his direction is full green, not jz left turn green.

Turbocharged

yes supreme leader [thumbsup]

I suggest TS go back to scene and take a photo that there is no U-turn sign ... sure win !

Sorry to write in Chinese (with all respect to non-Chinese forummers or Chinese who can't read Chinese):

China's ex-leader Deng Xiaoping once said, "seek the truth from the facts", "以实践检验真理",

This is one of them.

No point to argue, truth and justice prevails.

Edited by Doppel

Hard to say who's in the wrong. Left turn is allowed since green arrow is lighted. U-turn also allowed cos there is U-turn sign. Though if it's a 3 lane road, U-turn should be to middle lane and shouldn't hit any cars who are turning into the left-most lane.

no such thing lah....you cant have left turn and u turn simultaneously. One of them is lying obviously.

anyway no point arguing here....cos NVNT

Turbocharged

I use this junction almost everyday. The traffic light pattern at this junction is somewhat unconventional than the usual. It changed about a year ago or so. The picture on google street view is old. The bus stop next to the mrt has already been upgraded. I'm not sure if U-turn is still allowed, but definitely NO dropping off of passengers beside the entrance of MRT as there's camera installed and lampposts painted yellow at the spot of accident.

My advice is go back there have a look again.

anyone noticed that green man for pedestrian will come on first follow by a 2-3sec delay for car turning right????

so out lta scholar thinks this way is safer for pedestrian as they can start crossing first......

There are 2 "NO U-TURN" signboards; one at the traffic light and one about 30m before the junction.

Car B MUST NOT make the u turn. Too DANGEROUS!!

Probably driver of car B cannot READ the English words and so don't know what it's saying.

Anyway Car A has video cam.

Please download so we can all clarify that it was a GREEN and car B made that U-turn.

Thanks

• Praise 3

Bro i notice in whole singapore road

That when there is left green light, normally that junction dont allow u-turn. So far yet to see u turn and left green turn junction

U r absolutely right, tat's how LTA manage traffic flow to clear cars faster at junction (left turn with green arrow) So confirm n chop no U-turn at tat junction.

B driver at fault based on rules 👍

• Praise 5

There are 2 "NO U-TURN" signboards; one at the traffic light and one about 30m before the junction.

Car B MUST NOT make the u turn. Too DANGEROUS!!

Probably driver of car B cannot READ the English words and so don't know what it's saying.

Anyway Car A has video cam.

Please download so we can all clarify that it was a GREEN and car B made that U-turn.

Thanks

No U-turn sign, don't need to argue at all. 100% car B is wrong and should foot the bills.

• Praise 1

Car B did an illegal u-turn and also on RED light.

But if Car B made a right turn from the opposite direction (GREEN light), then A shd give way.

Better if got witness or car cam identifying car B making u-turn.

Concurred. No way will car b have the right of road. It is either illegal uturn or red.

• Praise 2

l6TZz7H.jpg

I believe is similar case to what I encountered at another junction too.

Most probably:

Car B has a right turn arrow but he chose to do an illegal U-turn instead.

Car A has a left turn arrow at the same time.

In the end, I managed to horn the U-turn bugger before he could knock into me and he stopped in time so lucky for me.

Edited by Iiiusion
  • Praise 3

U turn is a kind of right turn rt?

And right turn always have the last priority what

So with your reasoning...xxxx chia should tangkap themselves. I better go delete my car camera pronto.

Some more in front of home bases.

So if no sign forbidding uturn can u anot?

Edited by Super366

Twincharged

So with your reasoning...xxxx chia should tangkap themselves. I better go delete my car camera pronto.

Some more in front of home bases.

So if no sign forbidding uturn can u anot?

No sign means cannot. Only can u-turn when there is a u-turn sign.

• Praise 3

No sign means cannot. Only can u-turn when there is a u-turn sign.

Then I delete my car camera beedeo. Can xxxx chia do uturn without siren?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2