Which car has the right of the way

Wadexu

Send your video clip to traffic police and you will get your answer.

So with your reasoning...xxxx chia should tangkap themselves. I better go delete my car camera pronto.
Some more in front of home bases.

So if no sign forbidding uturn can u anot?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

so, illegal u-turn?

another traffic accidents solely based on driver's own doing.

why does such drivers exists? ownself wan to die nvm but wan to harm other people.

• Praise 2

Supercharged

Coincidentally, i was asking myself the same question this morning as i pass by this particular junction in Yishun every morning:

ddf6sx.png

I will be turning left and there will be some doing U-turns. There is no traffic light in this case. I don't know the right of way and i don't really care about it. My general rule of thumb is to give way first. If I'm doing left turn and a car started to U-turn, i will let the car complete the turn before moving off. If I'm doing U-turn, just turn slowly and sharply so that other drivers will know that you are doing a U turn instead of the right turn.

Having the right of way does not mean that one can drive without opening their eyes. I feel that this accident can be avoided if car A give way to car B since car B has already started turning before car A.

LTA has made changes to the Yishun ave 7. There is a small hole a small distance before the junction to allow vehicle to do u-turn. At the junction there is a no u-turn and indicated there is another u-turn place after the traffic junction.

And since they have restricted cars from making u-turn from yishun ave 7, now there is a left turn on green arrow along ave 6 at the same time when vehicles on ave 7 are turning right.

• Praise 2

Haha, I happened live in yishun and use the junction quite offen.

The situation is different. The case I started is that left turn is not filter out, it's direct left turn with solid left green light.

It's good to drive safely. However, Human being human, there are times that due check is not done fully that's why we need road rules, that's way right or the way is there.

Agree. I'm not inferring that you are wrong since car b should not be doing u turn at that junction. Good luck in your claims. That amk junction is well known to be very confusing due to the high human and vehicle flow. Other than cars, pedestrians will start to cross illegally before the green man lits up.

LTA has made changes to the Yishun ave 7. There is a small hole a small distance before the junction to allow vehicle to do u-turn. At the junction there is a no u-turn and indicated there is another u-turn place after the traffic junction.

And since they have restricted cars from making u-turn from yishun ave 7, now there is a left turn on green arrow along ave 6 at the same time when vehicles on ave 7 are turning right.

This is the turn before the junction you are referring to. Ya they modify the junction between 6 and 7 so that vehicles can turn from 6 to 7 during red light to reduce the congestion at ave 6. I prefer to take st 22 and merge into ave 7 which is where i have showed in the previous post.

• Praise 2

Alfa driver should give way. Lousy driver. Still point middle finger. Kns face macam amos yee

• Praise 4

By rule, Cam car tats it

• Praise 7

Alfa driver should give way. Lousy driver. Still point middle finger. Kns face macam amos yee

HDB fault. The road is simply too narrow lah. Also did not paint the separator line in the middle.

;p

• Praise 7

There's actually enough space for both cars to pass thru

alfa driver driving cmi, so much space left on her left side

have seen narrower car parks, two luxury cars can go pass each other no problem at all

• Praise 2

I absolutely detest driver who does not keep left especially in carpark. There are a lot of such carparks where there is no lane marking and it allows both way traffic. I have encounter a few times drivers who can't keep left and despite my left effort to keep within my lane, I have to back off just to let such drivers pass. 

With the exception of big trucks or lorries, I believe such winding roads have no issue accommodating 2 saloon cars either way. Like what some have already pointed, if both cars keep within their side, none of this would have happen. 

Edited by Gizmore
  • Praise 2

Alfa should give way. Stop at the carpark exit, ensure road is clear before turning out.

Edited by Dafansu
  • Praise 1

Actually both drivers need to go back to driving school. Both drive in the middle for what? The cam car got plenty of space on the left and the alfa driver also got lots of space on the left. The cam car should have turned left then turned right instead of trying to just go straight through that bend.

Yes, both drivers are in the wrong.

At 0:02 you can see the white line drawn on the road to separate it into 2 lanes. The cam car decided to cut across and head straight for the carpark entrance. By right if got no car, wouldn't have any problem, who knows at the same time the Alfa exit and also cut across the centre and want to head out straight. End up both cars are in the middle of the 2 lane road.

However if I was the cam car, I would reverse as I feel I caused the situation by improperly cutting across first. If cam car followed the lane, even if the Alfa cut out, there would be enough space for the Alfa to move off.

• Praise 4

Am sure when d alpha at d exit, can see d cam car, should have stopped n let cam car pass. If not, should have at least kept to her lane if still want exit. Road is big enough for two cars. Likewise, d cam car should have kept to his lane too. If both have done so, both cars can pass wo problem. Cam car did d right thing by giving way though alpha is first to fault.

Edited by keanie

If the cam car followed the road is he was turning in and not cross the white line, he would probably scrape the wall. If I were to be in the cam car position, I would reverse n let the Alpha [:p] go first.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2