RS Chip Tuning

azaouogh

Hi guys. Just want to improve the Fc of my new Elantra. does this helps?

Hi Elantra,

No, these are for owners who wish to make their car a bit more responsive and willing to accept increased FC.

You can set it to typically availablr eco mode to save a little bit but will retard the response of your elantra.

Cheers.

Richard

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

to the best of my knowledge, piggyback tuning is not worth the $700/$800. direct ecu tuning on the other hand is well worth the $1700-$2000. im talking about value for money here guys. I got my audi A6 3.0 tuned with MSP. never looked back since, got a 100 extra horses and Nm. super grateful to varun and calvin...well worth the ECU tune especially since they were cheaper than monster and dynotechnica. even my wife loves it. 

Whats MSP? I also driving a CAKA engine.

Hi Elantra,

No, these are for owners who wish to make their car a bit more responsive and willing to accept increased FC.

You can set it to typically availablr eco mode to save a little bit but will retard the response of your elantra.

Cheers.

Richard

Hello Richard,

I  am very new to all these and wish to know more.

So the RS chip is for car that does not have Eco/Sport mode?

I am driving Honda Grace, it has ECO and sport mode. Does this mean it has an RS chip integrated in my car?

If I need to save fuel I can switch to ECO mode and if I need more power I can press the "Sport" button.

if I want more power, should I go for ECU reflash? Actually in Sport mode it is very responsive and fast.

regards

weiliang

Edited by BBISHAN

Hello Richard,

I  am very new to all these and wish to know more.

So the RS chip is for car that does not have Eco/Sport mode?

I am driving Honda Grace, it has ECO and sport mode. Does this mean it has an RS chip integrated in my car?

If I need to save fuel I can switch to ECO mode and if I need more power I can press the "Sport" button.

if I want more power, should I go for ECU reflash? Actually in Sport mode it is very responsive and fast.

regards

weiliang

Hi BB,

RSchip is primarily for NA cars while others like Racechip is more for turbo-charged cars since the latter has added turbo that can intervene on the signalling to turbo to manipulate ... effects of such modules on turbo-charge cars are more obvious since one key parameter to manipulate is turbo boost value which NA does not have.  These are also primarily for improvement on performance albeit limited especially on RSChip and not for lowering FC ... stock is the best on FC at already optimum performance.

After trying all these RSchip and Racechip aftermarket modules and reading up, the improvement on performance is primarily on high speed or bhp power at very high and unrealistic rpm e.g. 5-6k and not the usual expectation and wish of car owners for better driveability from better pick up but yet not go into fully ECU tuning/reflash as this is not reversible and detectable with diagnostic tool by AD service centres on the concern of warranty void of engine and associated parts ... these RSchip, Racechip etc. modules are removable and not traceable.

To your queries specifically:

- RSchip can be for any car regardless with eco/sport mode

- No, your honda grace does not have RS chip even with eco/sport mode ... eco/sport mode are primarily just different throttle control (how much fuel) and gearing (when to change gears)

- Yes, ecu flash can do more than rschip for NA and Racechip for Turbo-charged cars as it manipulates even more parameters, value timing, gearing etc. in addition to just throttle's air/fuel of rscchip turbo boost value and added turbo boost pressure for racechip

Last but not least, I would recommend just install ethrottle from most reliable pivot drive for pick-up and driveability but at expense of higher FC of course ... it also has added advantage of AD Service being more tolerant with least concern on warranty void while it can be adjusted on the fly to each driver's wish in the comfort of in-cable controller.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi BB,

RSchip is primarily for NA cars while others like Racechip is more for turbo-charged cars since the latter has added turbo that can intervene on the signalling to turbo to manipulate ... effects of such modules on turbo-charge cars are more obvious since one key parameter to manipulate is turbo boost value which NA does not have.  These are also primarily for improvement on performance albeit limited especially on RSChip and not for lowering FC ... stock is the best on FC at already optimum performance.

After trying all these RSchip and Racechip aftermarket modules and reading up, the improvement on performance is primarily on high speed or bhp power at very high and unrealistic rpm e.g. 5-6k and not the usual expectation and wish of car owners for better driveability from better pick up but yet not go into fully ECU tuning/reflash as this is not reversible and detectable with diagnostic tool by AD service centres on the concern of warranty void of engine and associated parts ... these RSchip, Racechip etc. modules are removable and not traceable.

To your queries specifically:

- RSchip can be for any car regardless with eco/sport mode

- No, your honda grace does not have RS chip even with eco/sport mode ... eco/sport mode are primarily just different throttle control (how much fuel) and gearing (when to change gears)

- Yes, ecu flash can do more than rschip for NA and Racechip for Turbo-charged cars as it manipulates even more parameters, value timing, gearing etc. in addition to just throttle's air/fuel of rscchip turbo boost value and added turbo boost pressure for racechip

Last but not least, I would recommend just install ethrottle from most reliable pivot drive for pick-up and driveability but at expense of higher FC of course ... it also has added advantage of AD Service being more tolerant with least concern on warranty void while it can be adjusted on the fly to each driver's wish in the comfort of in-cable controller.

Cheers,

Richard

Thanks Richard for your reply,

I am driving a hybrid, I have no problem with pickup and throttle even on eco mode. if I need even more power and response I can switch to sport mode.

just wonder, can I tune the eco mode to be more responsive and power without the need to use sport mode. my current FC for eco is around 20km/l.

I saw advertisement on facebook that ECU tuning can get better power and fuel saving, so this is not really true but a gimmick?

Thanks Richard for your reply,

I am driving a hybrid, I have no problem with pickup and throttle even on eco mode. if I need even more power and response I can switch to sport mode.

just wonder, can I tune the eco mode to be more responsive and power without the need to use sport mode. my current FC for eco is around 20km/l.

I saw advertisement on facebook that ECU tuning can get better power and fuel saving, so this is not really true but a gimmick?

Hi BB,

Unfortunately I have ZERO experience with hybrid car on such piggyback modules of rschip, racechip, bluespark etc. and ethrottle controllers.

Even there is positive impact, it will be only when petrol engine running which then defeat the purpose of getting hybrid.

My advice is save your $ and avoid doing anything for your more complicated hybrid system for  your intention of power and fuel saving but sure, ECU tuning removed certain safety margin as they are tuned to lowest petrol octane say 89 to handle it by car mfgrs and you can push it since we only use higher octane petrol in Singapore ... it is just not worth it for hybrid car in my opinion.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi BB,

Unfortunately I have ZERO experience with hybrid car on such piggyback modules of rschip, racechip, bluespark etc. and ethrottle controllers.

Even there is positive impact, it will be only when petrol engine running which then defeat the purpose of getting hybrid.

My advice is save your $ and avoid doing anything for your more complicated hybrid system for  your intention of power and fuel saving but sure, ECU tuning removed certain safety margin as they are tuned to lowest petrol octane say 89 to handle it by car mfgrs and you can push it since we only use higher octane petrol in Singapore ... it is just not worth it for hybrid car in my opinion.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your advice, i will wait for something more beneficial for my hybrid.

until then i will not do anything to it.

thanks

weiliang

• Praise 1

Hi guys,

Can i check if the chip has 4 mode does it override my cars driving mode or isit compliment? I'll be getting my K3 soon and is considering to get this chip.

Any advise?

Thanks!

Hello, what’s your feedback on RS Chip for K3 ?

which trim of K3 did you get?

I just put it into my K3 SX, so currently testing it out. Will let you know my feedback in a couple of weeks or so of testing.

Turbocharged

I decided to YOLO and put down the deposit for the RaceChip GTS at the motorshow, they say that it's install first, test drive and then decide if want to keep and pay the balance.

Given that the claim is a whopping boost of 65hp and 93Nm, they seem confident that posterior dyno can feel it. So they don't do actual dynos. Fuel consumption improvement is said to be more from faster acceleration meaning cruising speed is acquired faster. 

Well, I'll see for myself. It does seem like this is something that would have been better to get earlier in the car's lifetime, if there really is a fuel savings (dubious).

Edited by 7hm
  • Praise 1

Lol.. posterior test absolutely more chun than real Dino!! Like they say it’s all about the ass

Edited by BenTong

I can't tell the diff between stock and sport. Sport+ has a lighter feel, and gear change is faster and smoother... Tend to keep the chip on Sport+ and leave my car to ECO mode 70% of the time.

I can't tell the diff between stock and sport. Sport+ has a lighter feel, and gear change is faster and smoother... Tend to keep the chip on Sport+ and leave my car to ECO mode 70% of the time.

Alot of positive and negative reviews on the internet, bro u think it is good to install? Still considering

I decided to YOLO and put down the deposit for the RaceChip GTS at the motorshow, they say that it's install first, test drive and then decide if want to keep and pay the balance.

Given that the claim is a whopping boost of 65hp and 93Nm, they seem confident that posterior dyno can feel it. So they don't do actual dynos. Fuel consumption improvement is said to be more from faster acceleration meaning cruising speed is acquired faster.

Well, I'll see for myself. It does seem like this is something that would have been better to get earlier in the car's lifetime, if there really is a fuel savings (dubious).

post warranty better to go for a stage 1 remap

much better posterior feeling than piggyback

don’t have to worry about longer term reliability of the piggyback plugged in the engine bay subject to heat stress and possible hardware failure

Alot of positive and negative reviews on the internet, bro u think it is good to install? Still considering

My own experience is that when I used it on my previous Lancer EX, the car's performance was noticeably better, so it worth the install.

Now that I have changed to the K3, it's kinda neutral, but no negative experience. But because I already have it, so just keep it there lo... [laugh]

Turbocharged

post warranty better to go for a stage 1 remap

much better posterior feeling than piggyback

don’t have to worry about longer term reliability of the piggyback plugged in the engine bay subject to heat stress and possible hardware failure

Still under dealer warranty, actually.

ok.... enjoy the hassle of removing and reinstalling when sending to dealer for service

↡ Advertisement