RS Chip Tuning

azaouogh

Sports mode for better FC??? [confused]

Yes. Sports mode improves fc over stock settings whilst improving pick up speed. Haven't tried eco mode to see how much more it improves fc.
↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

If that's the case then eco mode will improve the FC tremendously

Yes. Sports mode improves fc over stock settings whilst improving pick up speed. Haven't tried eco mode to see how much more it improves fc.

Initially was told that this chip will release the hidden potential of your engine and make it more power with higher torque, then this will lead to FC saving....

So the reality is we have to sacrifice FC in order to gain power?

Initially was told that this chip will release the hidden potential of your engine and make it more power with higher torque, then this will lead to FC saving....

So the reality is we have to sacrifice FC in order to gain power? ð°ð­

If u want more power usually it means more fuel burnt to get that power. Thats sports+ i guess.

But just sports mode alone already improved power and yet improves fc. So that kinds of is "releasing the hidden potential" part i gurss

• Praise 1

So the reality is we have to sacrifice FC in order to gain power?

• Praise 1

Tried the RSChip on my bmw 320i f30 and bmw x1 e84. I gotta say its a shit product. I made a complaint to the chip maker themselves to prove dyno, then monstertune got back to me and asked me to remap with them rather than encourage the use of rschip. Anyhow didnt get my refund nor anything, so i decided to post my review on this shit product. With that price tag, i could go and remap else where. I have the dyno for the one with RSchip with and without if anyone is interested.

• Praise 2

Tried the RSChip on my bmw 320i f30 and bmw x1 e84. I gotta say its a shit product. I made a complaint to the chip maker themselves to prove dyno, then monstertune got back to me and asked me to remap with them rather than encourage the use of rschip. Anyhow didnt get my refund nor anything, so i decided to post my review on this shit product. With that price tag, i could go and remap else where. I have the dyno for the one with RSchip with and without if anyone is interested.

Hey Brandon,

Sorry to hear.

Yes, pls PM me your dyno.

Tke in advance.

Richard

• Praise 1

are you BMWs turbo-charged? I kind of remember reading somewhere that these chips do not do much for TC engines, more for NA.

Share the dyno charts here? Which seller did you buy the chip from, as I think most of the authorised sellers offer a moneyback guarantee.

Hi Brandon,

You might want to check if the chips have been programmed with the correct maps. Monstertune did mine and the remap was specific to the car. Sorry to hear of your experience.

are you BMWs turbo-charged? I kind of remember reading somewhere that these chips do not do much for TC engines, more for NA.

Share the dyno charts here? Which seller did you buy the chip from, as I think most of the authorised sellers offer a moneyback guarantee.

Yes, my BMWs are all turbo charged. I will be posting the dyno chart here.

https://s22.postimg.org/vml7li3td/15239183_10209540716148124_1410207609_n.jpg

*to reduce confusion, the image shows stage 1 tuned is direct remap. Take note that the RSchip has reduced my cars effect, this dyno tests the boost etc*

Please note that by the time i realized the RSchip is a fake, ive sent an email off to the owners and monstertune responded to me. That they refused to acknowledge my claim and also, they said because its already over the refund policy. Anyhow, i found out about the placebo effect right after i dyno tested it after using it for 3 months.

By all right, i gotta say dyno is everything.

Edited by BrandonLooi

Been using sport+ for 2weeks. I notice somehow the chip goes into sleep mode or the ecu adapts to these changes. Felt the power dropped after awhile not as powerful as it was when just installed.

Switched off RSChip and car immediately felt sluggish. Turn back on and re-calibrated to sport+, the low end torque immediately came back and car is alive again.

Anyone had same experience of car losing power after sometime then needs to calibrate again to feel back the punch effect from rschip?

Edited by Honduck

Been using sport+ for 2weeks. I notice somehow the chip goes into sleep mode or the ecu adapts to these changes. Felt the power dropped after awhile not as powerful as it was when just installed.

Switched off RSChip and car immediately felt sluggish. Turn back on and re-calibrated to sport+, the low end torque immediately came back and car is alive again.

Anyone had same experience of car losing power after sometime then needs to calibrate again to feel back the punch effect from rschip?

Most modern ECUS will learn and adapt to your driving.

so it's possible that the ECU adapting to your RSChip changes the car's driving behaviour.

or it's possible also that we as drivers get used to the RSChip behaviour. but once you switch back to stock or off, you can feel the car became back to normal and more sluggish, and switch back on again it feels fast again.

Neutral Newbie

When i first installed, I used sport + mode to see the any difference with sport mode.

Yes, the performance quite improved but FC suffer alot from sport mode.

We driving same car.

"Feel" may deceive you. Better do a Dyno for both scenarios to have a more definite answer.

For daily driveability, the feel is enough to satisfy. Initially also thought it was a placebo effect. Unplugged the chip car and immediately felt the sluggish performance of the car, plug it back and car became lively again. Some might say it's a throttle controller but whatever it is, it definitely made a significant difference.

Hi, has anyone used this before? Any reviews? Does these chips actually increase the hp and torque?

Mate did and he blow his block

Anyone updated the software? Feels like massive upgrade after installation

mass pain in the neck bro

Hi guys..has anyone tried RS Chip or Racechip Ultimate on a MB CLA-180?

can share if there's any performance gain or improvement on power?

Thanks in advance

↡ Advertisement