RS Chip Tuning

azaouogh

Turbocharged

ok.... enjoy the hassle of removing and reinstalling when sending to dealer for service

Edited by 7hm
↡ Advertisement

:we-all-gonna-die:

I mostly was thinking... up to now always doubted chiptuning... so more like just put down to try only [drivingcar]

But if I end up keeping it, I do expect the trouble of removing it before service will be annoying. But lately I've been planning to start looking for third party workshops since now it's illegal for them to invalidate warranty at 3PW. :a-happy:

I think my main concern.. is whether will need to start drinking 98. If so then confirm not worth it.

removing for regular dealer servicing is a hassle indeed but you also need to note if ever your car breaks down, you will also need to somehow remove that piggyback and all related wire harnesses before towing back to dealer for warranty claims.

i would pump 98 if i were you just to be safe. i did.

Neutral Newbie

Hi bro, for your case is abnormal. After engine shut off, it suppose to "Red" a few times and no more. I will suggest you to plug out, reset the chip then plug back and recalibrate. Hope this help. Cheers.

Reviving an old thread.. What colour should the LED be flashing during operation? How about when engine is off? Mine only flashes in red during driving and engine off.

I don't believe in chipping without hardware upgrade can add another 20%-30% power to the car.

buy a better car if need more power. Porsche has a good range of cars to suit individual needs and preferences.

• Praise 1

I don't believe in chipping without hardware upgrade can add another 20%-30% power to the car.

buy a better car if need more power. Porsche has a good range of cars to suit individual needs and preferences.

Not only chipping, even an ECU reflash can gain you that 20-30% depending how much the original settings have been down tuned to suit LTA's legislation. Example, to meet Cat A requirements, certain VAG cars 1.4 TSi are tuned to 122 hp with 200 nm of torque for Singapore. With a reflash or chipping, the original state of tune 150hp and 250nm of torque can be achieved.

What's there not to believe?

On 5/22/2019 at 5:33 PM, Lava said:

Sharan with RaceChip GTS.jpg

this is dyno done on a fellow VW Sharan with EA888Gen3 engine with a RaceChip GTS 

Edited by Vtim
  • Praise 1

SMP9746JMAP2.jpg

This is my VW Sharan on JB4 preset Map 2, also EA888Gen3 engine, both of us only have K & N drop in filter, no IC/DP or internal engine upgrade 

Edited by Vtim
  • Praise 1

Will be throwing a lot of fuel and will also notice no significant usable low rpm improvement and only at high rpm ... especially NA ones as shared.

Stock is indeed best as designed for fuel efficient and engine reliability ..

Had not tried rschip but removed installed racechip in my fxt and unfortunately bought used and resold with minimal loss ... many used ones available in carousell for a reason.

Cheers.

This Tuning is a LTA Loophole for Cat A COE Cars become Cat B Cars..Register as Cat A Car like the new Honda Civic,just fit this easily become Cat B Car,without to need to pay Cat B COE Premium.

Just want to put this somewhere. I had the TDI Tuning box installed on my car for a few years. Its an off-the-shelf (plug and play, no further tuning) chip like the racechip ultimate. Mine slots in between the boost sensor and ecu, supposedly faking lower boost so the ecu try to make more. Always suspected that it does not really boost the output by 20% as claimed, but dragged my feet to have it measured.

Then earlier this year, i went to a tuner and asked to do a measurement for stock and with the TDI tuning box. As suspected, it was snake oil as there was no output improvement at all.

Oh yeah, i also had the RS chip before all these. Though I never did any actual measurements, this is also likely a snake oil since there is no difference felt.

• Praise 1

27 minutes ago, Columbian78 said:

Just want to put this somewhere. I had the TDI Tuning box installed on my car for a few years. Its an off-the-shelf (plug and play, no further tuning) chip like the racechip ultimate. Mine slots in between the boost sensor and ecu, supposedly faking lower boost so the ecu try to make more. Always suspected that it does not really boost the output by 20% as claimed, but dragged my feet to have it measured.

Then earlier this year, i went to a tuner and asked to do a measurement for stock and with the TDI tuning box. As suspected, it was snake oil as there was no output improvement at all.

Oh yeah, i also had the RS chip before all these. Though I never did any actual measurements, this is also likely a snake oil since there is no difference felt.

Fake lower boost with a fake product...only real boost is the wellbeing of snakey seller 😁

this is a fellow Sharan owner on RaceChip, also 7N2 with EA888Gen3 engine, still on stock IS20 Turbo, slight drop on lower rpm but after mid to high of 2k rpm can see gain. 

Some off the shelve tuning box only intercept the Boost sensor, wic imo will not do much.

RaceChip & RSchip intercept 2 sensors, Boost sensor and MAP sensor, so as you can see the chart below there is a gain in both BHP & Torque.

For mine Sharan, I using JB4, which will intercept 4 sensors + ODB2 (which can set the max boost level as a safe measure against overboost, once it detected the pre set value, it will prompt the ECU to go into limp mode which will drop the boost level into half of stock value), Boost Sensor + MAP Sensor + CAM position Sensor + O2 sensor.

Sharan with RaceChip GTS.jpg

Edited by Vtim
  • Praise 2

@Vtim I bought the JB4 from a Mk7 Golf GTI owner, less dan S$400, as there isn't one officially made (preset map) for my 7N2 Sharan which share the same engine and gearbox with Mk7 Golf GTI.

I just DIY install the JB4, uses the Map1 & Map2 to drive, collect the log (frm the JB4 mobile app) and email to Burger Motorsports (https://burgertuning.com/  I no affiliation to them or any of the local distributors, just to share my experience) and get them to provide some adjustment to Map6 (wic is a customise mapping). 

So being the guinea pig, I still getting some more logs to send to them to finalised a mapping that I am happy with, of cos in order to really maximise my current Sharan, a dyno custom tune will be the best but of cos at a higher price.

Just a note, Burger Motorsports will only entertain 1st owner of JB4 but because I am the 1st Sharan to be on JB4, they are working with me so they can offer the JB4 for the rest of the world that has VW Sharan, USA do not have VW Sharan.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1