RS Chip Tuning

azaouogh

Neutral Newbie

Hi fellas, got my C30 chipped recently at monster tune and it's running brilliantly. Pick up has improved significantly and she's gunning it like a dream when I put my foot down. Awesome and cost effective way to get tuned up.

Thanks monster tune!

↡ Advertisement

Not sure how this RS chip works but if any guru can enlighten if can damage engine ie overstress in long run ? Thanks in advance :-)

Not sure how this RS chip works but if any guru can enlighten if can damage engine ie overstress in long run ? Thanks in advance :-)

RS chip,"Alter" the signal from the ECU,if drive normally,won't affect the engine.

Neutral Newbie

Hi i currently having a rs chip planning to sell. Anyone interested please contact me. Still under warranty.

Reaosn for selling cause planning to do a reflash for my ECU.

Anyway this is a good item.

My contact is 91878173

Neutral Newbie

i had juz install my Mark X at subang jaya KL. i can feel is more pickup, when i was in highway , feeling like a tiger roar .... keep wanna pushing me up . i not yet do dyno, feeling great . the best part was, i can switch this device to other car next time . worth !

All the newly registered and one post comment come out to sell "koyo" of this chip. That speak so much about the credibility....

Edited by LoverofCar
  • Praise 2

Thats my hunch too. Sounds too much like pitching.

Hello bro! haha i am a old member but seldom post :c but personally have one on my civic.

Actually i feel like it does help abit but honestly speaking not comparable to a proper tune, its more like a general remap on the car. Its worth the money as it can be reused for other vehicles.

How it works is

The garage will program the chip through their computer.

Then just attached to your car :x haha i doubt this will factor mods like exhaust and intake into the map but the workshop says it will adapt.

Though when compared to a custom remap/tune i still prefer a proper custom tuning instead of general. So this is a good alternative if your car doesn't have a tuner or cost a bomb for a tune. like honda -_- need hondata to tune, forget that i am not a type r. haha

Cheers! just sharing my own opinion.

But side track to this post abit.

If you want to mod , don't start right from this chip.

with 600+ you could get a decent used lta-approved exhaust for your ride, which will gives you more power instantly, or at least a nicer engine note :p

Well at least its money spent where you can see effects instantly, or you could just go to any reputable workshop to customize a air intake for better air flow so your car can breathe better in the mid to high rev range.

600 could get you one hella good air intake imho.

I have just installed. Cost me $600.

Bro, can PM when u install yr RSChip?

But side track to this post abit.

If you want to mod , don't start right from this chip.

with 600+ you could get a decent used lta-approved exhaust for your ride, which will gives you more power instantly, or at least a nicer engine note :p

Well at least its money spent where you can see effects instantly, or you could just go to any reputable workshop to customize a air intake for better air flow so your car can breathe better in the mid to high rev range.

600 could get you one hella good air intake imho.

Bro, some cars can never get their LTA approved exhaust. My previous Honda ride waited 6years also nothing happen.
Wanting a slightly faster ride, but not sacrifacing comfort, when need to ferry kids/COs. I thnk diff pple have diff requirement. 2X young boys can zeng the hell out of their ride.. Juz my 2c worth

Btw anything to enhance low rev range?

Bro, can PM when u install yr RSChip?

Bro, some cars can never get their LTA approved exhaust. My previous Honda ride waited 6years also nothing happen.

Wanting a slightly faster ride, but not sacrifacing comfort, when need to ferry kids/COs. I thnk diff pple have diff requirement. 2X young boys can zeng the hell out of their ride.. Juz my 2c worth

Btw anything to enhance low rev range?

Hello bro! if no lta approved.. no choice :x need to go another route, hmm low rev range you could start off with a better drop in air filter, like K&N, do some weight reduction (remove spare tyres, any things in the car you dont use, change to lightweight rim, change to lightweight crank pulley)

Probably will cost you less than 300 for both air filter and lightweight crank pulley, this two will improve your low end response.

Do you have a link for this RS chip? I am not familiar with it.

Chips in general can work very well. My racechip ultimate definitely makes a difference for my car, improving power and torque and also fuel consumption. So that's win-win.

Chips are definitely not snake oil like throttle boosters etc. By the same token, they are actually an engine modification and can therefore cause more wear in the medium to long term. Some cars can also throw error codes.

Chips are definitely not snake oil like throttle boosters etc. ??????????  Think this is way too sweeping a statement !!!!!

• Dislike 1

Chips are definitely not snake oil like throttle boosters etc. ??????????  Think this is way too sweeping a statement !!!!!

You disliked my post, and at least had the balls to leave your name, so good for you, I respect that.

Now prove that throttle boosters (e.g. Sprint Booster) work. Objectively

I'm not going to ask you to show me dyno curves, because I know that throttle boosters are not even claimed to increase those figures.

I *am* going to ask you to show me any objective, reliable evidence that throttle boosters improve (decrease) timings in controlled sprints. The simplest measure is a 0 to 60mph run.

Because, if there's no *objective* improvement in acceleration time, all you're left with is a "feel good" subjective feeling about how "fast" the car "feels".

So - can you come up with anything objective?

I'm guessing no.

Because even Sprint Booster's website freely admits the 0 to 60mph timings are completely unchanged.

https://www.sprintboostersales.com/whyitworks.cfm

• Sprint Booster does not reduce your 0-60mph times.

Something that makes you *feel* something has improved without any *demonstrable, objective* improvement is almost an exact analogue of snake oil in Medicine.

Prove me wrong. You make the claim that throttle boosters work - the burden of the proof is on you.

• Praise 5
  • Dislike 1

What's so sweeping about that?

Chips are definitely not snake oil like throttle boosters etc. ?????????? Think this is way too sweeping a statement !!!!!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Dislike 1