Buy VW Polo more worthwhile or Jetta?

Axela525

Hello all brothers, my car Lancer EX left 4 years 8 mths, wait for COE to drop or buy new car better? Thinking of VW Jetta or Polo....found out my EX 1.5 can trade in at $55k to dealer at Cars @ Expo...hope to clear my $15k loan and roll over to my new car and hopefully pay less than $1k per mth for instalment. Jetta heard $1.2 k per mth...very tight! Any advice? Both cars got any issue? Thks for feedback!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Still got 4 yrs plus, should wait. Dun rush.. God knows miracle might happen.. Ex is also a good car, cherish it..

Agreed,esp,no need to worry about DSG failure. [furious][thumbsdown]

• Praise 1

Dealer's word...unless they put it on black & white, if not, only listen with a pinch of salt. Their pattern can be more dan badminton. They can tell you when you meet them again that coe price has drop and slash the 55K to dunno how many K. So you gotto anticipate such tactics.

VW marketing should get an award. Subaru should call them shifu and not do the ah beng ad on radio.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 2

Then better get other car. But never hear polo got problem

Got lah.!A local car magazine's editor long term test car,got tow before..

Only Golf GTI 6 speeder,is less problem.

I must admit the Jetta seems like a good buy. I went to the Car Expo and sat inside and honestly am quite impressed with the car interior and boot space. Not to mention the price attractive too.

• Praise 2

Supercharged

I must admit the Jetta seems like a good buy. I went to the Car Expo and sat inside and honestly am quite impressed with the car interior and boot space. Not to mention the price attractive too.

What was the Jetta price quoted?

Got lah.!A local car magazine's editor long term test car,got tow before..

Only Golf GTI 6 speeder,is less problem.

But i still bo lui to buy, 100k plus buy such a small car.

What was the Jetta price quoted?

I didn't ask but the price on newspaper states as $117k which honestly I feel is quite a decent price but of course if can lower definitely best la! [bounce2]

Hello all brothers, my car Lancer EX left 4 years 8 mths, wait for COE to drop or buy new car better? Thinking of VW Jetta or Polo....found out my EX 1.5 can trade in at $55k to dealer at Cars @ Expo...hope to clear my $15k loan and roll over to my new car and hopefully pay less than $1k per mth for instalment. Jetta heard $1.2 k per mth...very tight! Any advice? Both cars got any issue? Thks for feedback!

Still got outstanding loan of 15k.

Trade in value is 55k.

It means that you likely need to fork out 15k cash for downpayment.

Are you sure you can afford it?

Turbocharged

I didn't ask but the price on newspaper states as $117k which honestly I feel is quite a decent price but of course if can lower definitely best la! [bounce2]

$11k annual dep for a bead and butter 1.4l car is ridiculous. Not decent.

$11k annual dep for a bead and butter 1.4l car is ridiculous. Not decent.

lol sorry bro, I never bother about depreciation as I'm the kind who will try to drive the car up to 10 years.

Turbocharged

Between Jetta and Polo I guess I would pick Jetta. More space and equipment I think...

Polo and Jetta very different leh. Polo quite small, so changing from your Lancer EX is like 'downgrade'.

Jetta probably more sensible for you, IMHO.

↡ Advertisement