SEA games 2015

Duckduck

Wow bro you do follow local football. You know all those names.

These names are always on newspapers....

I went to watch hoping to see Singapore playing a high pressing game with Adam Swandi playing just behind the striker... Faris Ramli stretching the opponents' defence by switching wings and turning the full backs inside out... irfan Fandi bulldozing his way in the box to allow sahil to capitalise on chances....

Our champion coach decides to rest two attacking players in the first half and sacrificing Adam Swandi in a deep position when we needed a win to qualify... then the rest of the players decided to pump long ball for short leg sahil to outpace taller indonesian defenders with longer legs.... to put into perspective... its like Coutinho playing in the Pirlo role... and long ball for Balotelli....

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

For once, i'm actually proud of TeamSG.. we have a good number of local born and bred sportsman/sportswoman winning medals.. [thumbsup][thumbsup]

• Praise 2

(edited)

FAS president shld quit

This sea games team was supposed to be groomed from the YOG team that showed so much promise.... where is Jeffrey Lightfoot and gang?

Keep appointing champions like Fandi and Aide as coach... why appoint Stange is the biggest mystery... why Richard Bok was overlooked for so many years despite being one of the most successful local coaches around?

Aide actually let Adam Swandi play in front of the back four? He is a classy no. 10! Is he trying out Fandi's tactical stupidity?

Well said bro, couldn't have describe it better. Adam n Jeffrey were lauded by foreign teams few yrs back in the Lion City Cup. Adam was one of our brightest prospect but didnt see much of him in the SEA games as he was not played in his correct position as u hv rightly pointed out. A case of square leg in round hole.

There has been calls even before these games for Noordin to step down but he seems to have survived despite us going backwards from sleague to the different age group teams n our ever decreasing world ranking. Agreed good players don't necessary make good coaches n we have in the past some very good local coaches like Uncle Choo, Sivaji, Bok etc so not necessary to look outwards always.

Sianz, another opportunity gone and don't know what to expect for S'pore football going forward. That said, want to end on a happy note that our National team beat Cambodia 4-0 in our opening World Cup qualifier, next up Japan!!

Edited by Spring
  • Praise 5

Well said bro, couldn't have describe it better. Adam n Jeffrey were lauded by foreign teams few yrs back in the Lion City Cup. Adam was one of our brightest prospect but didnt see much of him in the SEA games as he was not played in his correct position as u hv rightly pointed out. A case of square leg in round hole.

There has been calls even before these games for Noordin to step down but he seems to have survived despite us going backwards from sleague to the different age group teams n our ever decreasing world ranking. Agreed good players don't necessary make good coaches n we have in the past some very good local coaches like Uncle Choo, Sivaji, Bok etc so not necessary to look outwards always.

Sianz, another opportunity gone and don't know what to expect for S'pore football going forward. That said, want to end on a happy note that our National team beat Cambodia 4-0 in our opening World Cup qualifier, next up Japan!!

Bro...

Aide should have been released with Jita Singh last year....

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/sports/story/football-jita-singh-steps-down-fas-head-game-development-20140407

• Praise 1

hmmm, SEA games semi-finalist against charbor, wonder what will be the score....

But if against sg, I predict the score will be charbo 4-1 sg

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
(edited)

FAS president shld quit just like aide. worse president than kfc

hes an MP so upcoming general erections pls hammer him abt his uselessness in FAS

Edited by Duckduck
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged

FAS president shld quit just like aide. worse president than kfc

hes an MP so upcoming general erections pls hammer him abt his uselessness in FAS

That will definitely get my vote too. He makes me wish there is a word to describe "more useless than useless". Incompetent fellow.

• Praise 3

These names are always on newspapers....

I went to watch hoping to see Singapore playing a high pressing game with Adam Swandi playing just behind the striker... Faris Ramli stretching the opponents' defence by switching wings and turning the full backs inside out... irfan Fandi bulldozing his way in the box to allow sahil to capitalise on chances....

Our champion coach decides to rest two attacking players in the first half and sacrificing Adam Swandi in a deep position when we needed a win to qualify... then the rest of the players decided to pump long ball for short leg sahil to outpace taller indonesian defenders with longer legs.... to put into perspective... its like Coutinho playing in the Pirlo role... and long ball for Balotelli....

I can understand how you felt after the game. The more in-depth knowledge on the team the more heart pain you will feel.

• Praise 3

I can understand how you felt after the game. The more in-depth knowledge on the team the more heart pain you will feel.

Fandi was praised to the nines after winning the Malaysia Cup...

Those who watched the game will know that Kelantan could have trashed us..

Safuwan, the best defender we have was played out of position in Defensive midfield role

Then Zulfahmi Arifin, a technically gifted ball passer usually playing in midfield and not known for defensive work, was played in Central defence...

Wonder what they feed our coaches with these days...

• Praise 1

can see he slowed down a bit in last 2 days events.

12 medals in 12 events: Here’s what it cost Quah Zheng Wen
By Cheryl Tay | Yahoo Newsroom
3f05f340-1054-11e5-81cd-e7cd81cfd242_201
Quah Zheng Wen in the 50m backstroke. Photo: SINGSOC/Action Images via Reuters
He competed in 12 events over the course of six days and medalled in every one of them, bringing home a tidy haul of seven golds, four silvers and one bronze.
In the process, Quah Zheng Wen also broke six Games records – three individual and three relays.
It is no surprise that the 19-year-old is “overexerted, super exhausted and super spent” by the end of the swim competition on Thursday.
“I was tired by day three and that was only halfway through the meet,” he revealed. “But I just got my head down, focused on the remaining events and took it one day at a time.”
“I’m literally dead on my bed each night and I’ve been sleeping late because of random doping tests I have to do every day. By the time it's done, I eat dinner at about 11.30pm and go to sleep around 1am."
The next closest person in terms of medal count was Vietnamese swimmer Nguyen Thi Anh Vien who initially was listed for all 19 events, but ended up swimming in 12 and winning 10 medals.
“It’s been really tough for me,” said Quah. “I’m also a bit sick and I cough myself to sleep. I can’t wait to go back and sleep without having to set an alarm, as well as eat crap.
“I’m ready to let the diet go."
Quah was part of the final event – the men’s 4x100m medley relay – where the powerhouse team of Quah, Joseph Schooling, Clement Lim and Lionel Khoo brought home gold medal number 23 for Singapore in 3:38.25, erasing the old mark of 3:41.35 set in 2011.
“I think this team just has a lot of talent. The results speak for itself,” added Schooling, who achieved his target of nine gold medals at this meet.
“We are better than the previous teams and that’s a really good step for Singapore swimming. It’s an evolution of coaching and training. Hopefully we keep improving like that.”

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

Wonder what they feed our coaches with these days...

its called EGO

w an FAS president only interested in padding his CV n hardly appearing in any soccer matches, cant expect much...

Edited by Duckduck
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Watched the interview with Joseph School yesterday, and they were talking about a training partner to challenge your own limits, like a sparring partner. We don't have strong sparring partners in Singapore, or for many sports even in SEA. To achieve anything beyond the SEA Games, we need to look at higher standards like the TT team playing in China circuits, swimming teams competing in US and Australian leagues. Even Japan has players that are playing in China, and Korean swimmers are training in Australia. On the other hand, not many parents will do that for their kids though or the opportunities may not always be available.

Some years back, there was a MCF thread about Yao Ming's retirement and I recall a comment about him going to NBA only to seek wealth. I think it is nonsense, the best sportsmen always seek the top arena to play. We can't expect him to play in BAS.

u cant take any sportsmen based here seriously IMO. all the best go overseas then come back. look at the marathon winner hes based in oregon, frigging mountains everywhere, naturally blood cell loading lol

Only one word : our football standard is from bad to worse.

Don't be too happy we beat Cambodia. If Japan win Singapore by 4-0 is

consider not bad already. I will not surprise if they loss 10-0.

• Praise 1

singapore women volleyball players all very short! :huh:

Our genes lah. Anyway the red got pretty sweet players.

↡ Advertisement