Audi A3 Sedan/Sportsback Owners - Check In

zerobim08

Please check in if you are a Audi A3 owners. Please state your type and also year and any other info you like to share.

My car info:

-A3 Sedan Ambiente trim (Type 8V - model year 2015).

-Delivery in Mar 2015.

-OMV=27.2K. COE=64.7K AD gross margin=18.5K.

During my evaluation, I gathered some info about the A3 compared to other similar cars in Singapore. Just for your information (see table below). I welcome any questions. I have also done a brief review in sgcarmart for this car too.

post-155163-0-38808000-1430281632_thumb.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5
  • Dislike 1

You used A3 to compare to cars that are different in CAT, power and price like Volvo S60? What is the purpose for this comparison?

Edited by LoverofCar
  • Praise 4

You used A3 to compare to cars that are different in CAT, power and price like Volvo S60? What is the purpose for this comparison?[/quote

Think for song only.

• Praise 2

You used A3 to compare to cars that are different in CAT, power and price like Volvo S60? What is the purpose for this comparison?[/quote

Think for song only.

Those were the cars I was looking at that within price. Of course some of the cars are a bit above my budget but I was interested in them. There were some demo units for S60 with attractive price.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Think for song only.

Can understand TS behaviour - need to justify the purchase to himself after spending 100+k hard-earned money (or future money).

Heck I buy TV also need to keep telling people - samsung remote control got light - LG the packing cardboard printing is lousy so cannot buy....LOL

• Praise 5

Those were the cars I was looking at that within price. Of course some of the cars are a bit above my budget but I was interested in them. There were some demo units for S60 with attractive price.

Bro, you were interested in the C180, CLA & 316i? That's like 30 to 40k above your budget.

• Praise 3

Can understand TS behaviour - need to justify the purchase to himself after spending 100+k hard-earned money (or future money).

Heck I buy TV also need to keep telling people - samsung remote control got light - LG the packing cardboard printing is lousy so cannot buy....LOL

That's a bit harsh isnt it? I just want to know who may have bought this car. That's why I said "Owners" in the thread. I am just sharing some facts about cars. I thought other people with other cars may find it useful because it save you time hunting for those data.

• Praise 2

Bro, you were interested in the C180, CLA & 316i? That's like 30 to 40k above your budget.

My other half "budget" is different from mine. She just contribute down payment but I have to pay for installment.

• Praise 1

My other half "budget" is different from mine. She just contribute down payment but I have to pay for installment.

Okay so what was the decisive factor that made you choose A3 out of these cars in the table?

• Praise 1

Please check in if you are a Audi A3 owners. Please state your type and also year and any other info you like to share.

My car info:

-A3 Sedan Ambiente trim (Type 8V - model year 2015).

-Delivery in Mar 2015.

-OMV=27.2K. COE=64.7K AD gross margin=18.5K.

During my evaluation, I gathered some info about the A3 compared to other similar cars in Singapore. Just for your information (see table below). I welcome any questions. I have also done a brief review in sgcarmart for this car too.

attachicon.gifCar Compare Chart.PNG

hello bro,

your comparison chart quite subjective, remove those diff category cars: C180, BMW316i, Teana, Sonata, especially VolvoS60, 241ps almost 2 times A3 power, how can mix together?

add in Curze, Jetta, City, Civic, Sylphy, Elantra, then your comparison chart is more objective and useful for car buyers, please update and post again

• Praise 3

(edited)

hello bro,

your comparison chart quite subjective, remove those diff category cars: C180, BMW316i, Teana, Sonata, especially VolvoS60, 241ps almost 2 times A3 power, how can mix together?

add in Curze, Jetta, City, Civic, Sylphy, Elantra, then your comparison chart is more objective and useful for car buyers, please update and post again

Like I said those were the cars that I was interested in - sedan type and prices that are not in the dream range. It wasn't based on class or category. Edited by zerobim08

I think must compare apple to apple.. and perhaps comparing on the same ground (whichever is your priority) - i.e. similar pricing, etc...

Those comparison you made are based on "money is not an issue"

Also, I feel buying car is also about how you like the car.. subjective comparison like looks, feels... it can be different for different people..

Edited by teycz
  • Praise 2

Haizzz... Share his own buying experience also kena left right centre.

I find it informative with all e numbers computed and these are cars i will look at if im hunting for a car. Yes, they are different class but doesnt mean i cant look at them too right?

If one is looking at c63 and also c180, maybe that is more wrong...

• Praise 3

That's a bit harsh isnt it? I just want to know who may have bought this car. That's why I said "Owners" in the thread. I am just sharing some facts about cars. I thought other people with other cars may find it useful because it save you time hunting for those data.

if you open the thread limited to A3 owners only, very soon it will sink to the bottom nobody shows interesting,

because A3 owners are very small group in Singapore, usually if people can easily afford A3, they don't mind top up another 40k to get C180, if people barely enough to afford A3, they rather save 40k to comfortably get Altis or Mz3,

• Praise 1

Like I said those were the cars that I was interested in - sedan type and prices that are in the dream range. It wasn't based on class or category.

Haha, we are just talking cock, don't mind huh.

Haizzz... Share his own buying experience also kena left right centre.

I find it informative with all e numbers computed and these are cars i will look at if im hunting for a car. Yes, they are different class but doesnt mean i cant look at them too right?

If one is looking at c63 and also c180, maybe that is more wrong...

bro, nothing is wrong with comparing numbers.. i look at numbers too but despite the number they will be few major consideration to think about.

For me, I look at this few:

1) Price (if my budget is 130k, i wont be even looking at 180k car at all - out of my budget)

- Price includes maintenance, fc, road tax, etc.

2) Look and feel - the car can have the best specs but looks ugly, i wont even consider that

3) Maybe the batch matters (maybe not)

• Praise 1

(edited)

Okay so what was the decisive factor that made you choose A3 out of these cars in the table?

Those who have read my posts previously know I was considering just replace my current bb car with another bb car. Then I saw the a3 was like 12k away from the Altis (early this year).

Then my other half said why not a bmw or a merc. Thats why i gather data for those cars. Even though it is not impossible for me buy them but my mind told it is crazy to spend so much more for a car.

I spend quite a number of years overseas in younger days where car prices are more down to earth. So it is quite difficult for me to get my head to accept the crazy car prices here. I know many don't care as long as they have the money. But I am still old school.

Why the a3? I do like it a lot when I test drove it. My wife also liked it a lot even though it wasn't her first choice. And the price wasn't that far off from price range of a jap/kor BB car.

Edited by zerobim08
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2