Audi A3 Sedan/Sportsback Owners - Check In

zerobim08

Those who have read my posts previously know I was considering just replace my current bb car with another bb car. Then I saw the a3 was like 12k away from the Altis (early this year).

Then my other half said why not a bmw or a merc. Thats why i gather data for those cars. Even though it is not impossible for me buy them but my mind told it is crazy to spend so much more for a car.

I spend quite a number of years overseas in younger days where car prices are more down to earth. So it is quite difficult for me to get my head to accept the crazy car prices here. I know many don't care as long as they have the money. But I am still old school.

Why the a3? I do like it a lot when I test drove it. My wife also liked it a lot even though it wasn't her first choice. And the price wasn't that far off from price range of a jap/kor BB car.

if want to compare fully, you should also consider comparing features - drl, navigation, sunroof, electric chair, etc. [rolleyes]

↡ Advertisement

TS, thanks for setting out the numbers. They are useful to me. Ignore the bashing posts

Why don't you take the S60 as it appears to have lots more green numbers and as you said, there are cheap units around?

Those who have read my posts previously know I was considering just replace my current bb car with another bb car. Then I saw the a3 was like 12k away from the Altis (early this year).

Then my other half said why not a bmw or a merc. Thats why i gather data for those cars. Even though it is not impossible for me buy them but my mind told it is crazy to spend so much more for a car.

I spend quite a number of years overseas in younger days where car prices are more down to earth. So it is quite difficult for me to get my head to accept the crazy car prices here. I know many don't care as long as they have the money. But I am still old school.

Why the a3? I do like it a lot when I test drove it. My wife also liked it a lot even though it wasn't her first choice. And the price wasn't that far off from price range of a jap/kor BB car.

• Praise 5

if want to compare fully, you should also consider comparing features - drl, navigation, sunroof, electric chair, etc. [rolleyes]

I think you can get those info from sgcarmart which btw gives a comprehensive list of info.

My list just gives "fixed" physical characteristics of the car which you cannot change. Options you can add on - just depends on whether you want to spend the money or not.

btw: you dont see me putting prices / features in the table so dont take this as a buying / features comparison.

TS, thanks for setting out the numbers. They are useful to me. Ignore the bashing posts

Why don't you take the S60 as it appears to have lots more green numbers and as you said, there are cheap units around?

I think the main reason is S60 is the diesel. I dont want complications related diesel since I do travel far up into malaysia.

That's a great list Imo, kudos for putting it together. One factor you might want to consider adding for them is weight of the car, plays an important fuel consumption and performance consideration.

Can't please everyone mate, enjoy ur new ride

That's a bit harsh isnt it? I just want to know who may have bought this car. That's why I said "Owners" in the thread. I am just sharing some facts about cars. I thought other people with other cars may find it useful because it save you time hunting for those data.

• Praise 1

I think you can get those info from sgcarmart which btw gives a comprehensive list of info.

My list just gives "fixed" physical characteristics of the car which you cannot change. Options you can add on - just depends on whether you want to spend the money or not.

btw: you dont see me putting prices / features in the table so dont take this as a buying / features comparison.

The info you put is also in sgcarmart isn't it. Just do a quick comparison. It will also highlight which is the best across the table [:)]

Some features u can't add, for instance sunroof, electric seat, memory seat, airbags, auto-parking, and many other features. I used these features as my comparison before I buy my car too.

Just my 2 cents

The info you put is also in sgcarmart isn't it. Just do a quick comparison. It will also highlight which is the best across the table [:)]

Some features u can't add, for instance sunroof, electric seat, memory seat, airbags, auto-parking, and many other features. I used these features as my comparison before I buy my car too.

Just my 2 cents

But sgcarmart dont give internal measurements such as legroom, shoulder room etc.

I dont know about other cars but when I bought my A3 I was given a long option lists such as electric seat, sunroof airbags, parking/lane/collision assist etc. You can't buy ex-stock if you want those. They will use the car configurator and built the car to your choice - but that will take time for car to arrive.

That's a great list Imo, kudos for putting it together. One factor you might want to consider adding for them is weight of the car, plays an important fuel consumption and performance consideration.

Can't please everyone mate, enjoy ur new ride

I had those figures but I took those out to make chart small and concise since mileage / 0-100km/h would already give an idea on performance

But sgcarmart dont give internal measurements such as legroom, shoulder room etc.

I dont know about other cars but when I bought my A3 I was given a long option lists such as electric seat, sunroof airbags, parking/lane/collision assist etc. You can't buy ex-stock if you want those. They will use the car configurator and built the car to your choice - but that will take time for car to arrive.

Ya legroom and shoulder room don't have la.

Waa customized features - it's not going to cost you 130k+ anymore ^_^ - that's why must do price comparison too..

I see.

Your table lists the non-diesel version, however.

I think the main reason is S60 is the diesel. I dont want complications related diesel since I do travel far up into malaysia.

I have been using this website to compare space dimensions:

http://www.thecarconnection.com/car-compare-results/audi_a3_2015-vs-mercedes-benz_c-class_2015

Waa customized features - it's not going to cost you 130k+ anymore ^_^ - that's why must do price comparison too..

• Praise 1

The data you put there for S60 Is the T5 E-drive model. It is a petrol car. Not diesel. For diesel version, the power is 113bhp and torque is 270nm. 0-100km= 12.3 sec. It is a world different in term of performance. The price different for the T5 e-Drive to A3, I believe is ~$40 to $50K more.

Edited by LoverofCar

(edited)

I see.

Your table lists the non-diesel version, however.

I have been using this website to compare space dimensions:

http://www.thecarconnection.com/car-compare-results/audi_a3_2015-vs-mercedes-benz_c-class_2015

Sorry my mistake. Those data I took from sgcarmart. Yeah, the demo S60 on offer was the diesel one. Anyway, I was not that interested in the volvo. I know it is good car.

The data you put there for S60 Is the T5 E-drive model. It is a petrol car. Not diesel. For diesel version, the power is 113bhp and torque is 270nm. 0-100km= 12.3 sec. It is a world different in term of performance. The price different for the T5 e-Drive to A3, I believe is ~$40 to $50K more.

ditto.

Compare with 2015 wrx CVT lah. Beat the A3 big time except FC n CO2. ..,

I was once very crazy about WRX. Nearly bought one. My ear would be deaf from all the nagging from my other half if I had bought it.

I know. But the basic A3 has most of the stuff except rear cam, nav and electric seat (and no sunroof :) )

Edited by zerobim08
  • Praise 1

LOL ... must educate her [:p]

I was once very crazy about WRX. Nearly bought one. My ear would be deaf from all the nagging from my other half if I had bought it.

(edited)

Not to be mean but

Specs and whatever aside

Dq200 will come around and screw u hard in the ass so hard u will come out octoplets

The thousands of machine parts in any car will all want to come around and screw you. The question is when. If you can predict that maybe you can also predict what COE will be like. Do you lock yourself in and not go out just because you may get mugged? That's paranoia.

Like I said many times, the turbo+dct of the A3 provides a much better drive, performance, FC and quality plus it is a safe car plus the price is attractive plus I like it more than jap/kor plus a premium badge. So how can I forgo all these just for the off-chance that the gearbox may go kaput. Even if you buy the most reliable car you can't guarantee it will not go kaput.

Edited by zerobim08

Manual or CVT? :)

Sad, I have my wife full backing for the wrx after seeing all performance make!

↡ Advertisement